Steampunk world

Discussion in 'Planets and Environments' started by Gleil, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Gleil

Gleil Void-Bound Voyager

In this world there are floating castles,airships and trains all around all powered by steam power, people around dressed in a victorian era style in elegant outfits some using googles others with clockwork mechanical arms, huge cities with clockwork visuals with huge gears attached to it, but while the cities on the surface are cool and safe, the underground there are dungeons with deadly machines and fearsome mutants, and while fighting for your life and some trinkets you are going to find file that explain why the world is like that, so beauty in the surface but polluted on the underground...what you guys think? Give your ideas too.

johnnjlee, Aer_, Shippo and 4 others like this.
  2. Ghostcrawler

Ghostcrawler Astral Cartographer

It's alright but I wouldn't want it as much as other people would. Maybe elaborate on the idea a bit so I know details on what will it be more like, you haven't even said about mobs being in there.

3. Gleil

Gleil Void-Bound Voyager

ah..alright i am going to edit them

4. Ghostcrawler

Ghostcrawler Astral Cartographer

Ok then, hope there are some good ideas when I come back. ;)

5. Soprano

Soprano Pangalactic Porcupine

Steam-punk is always cool, this would be a nice feature.

Steam-punk race? 0_o

johnnjlee likes this.
  6. TTCBuilder

TTCBuilder Jackpot!

I think I'd prefer a clockwork theme choice, except if there were clockwork machines.

johnnjlee and WoxandWarf like this.
  7. Hannah

Hannah Astral Cartographer

I think just a little steampunk civilization would be fun to explore!^^
    Think of all the cool stuff you could find! They can even be silly and make a steam powered Zoo!! xD

8. HappyVader

HappyVader Big Damn Hero

Glad I searched before I made a topic about this. A steampunk presence in the game, in any form, would be awesome! Then again, I may be biased since my costume today is a steampunk aviator :giggle:

Happy Halloween, or All Hallow's Eve, to everyone! :ssssssssss:

WoxandWarf likes this.
  9. GunmanRex

GunmanRex Oxygen Tank

Nice idea, maybe you could also get aviator armor and steam punk ballonish spaceship, a space balloon!

10. Steam Pirate

Steam Pirate Space Kumquat

Too easy. How about you make it YOUR job to convert it to a steampunk world?
    A huge project. But awesome. I'm gonna do it.

elipadden likes this.
  11. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

A steampunk world would be awesome. There aren't nearly enough steampunk settings around these days. I can imagine going to the planet and running around with an aviator/inventor outfit and a flintlock pistol. Maybe they could also do a cyberpunk world, and even a dieselpunk world.

12. Dr scoobie

Dr scoobie Giant Laser Beams

so in a world full of steam powered machine people still use google!.
    wow its use really is widespread.
    and literally the only thing that made me read the thread was your profile picture.

clockwork seems like a nice theme
    but the planet would need to be unique rather than randomely generated as in
    1 per save.

13. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

That gives me an idea. Just recently I was reading about difference/analytical engines and their role in steampunk. If there was a steampunk-styled planet in Starbound, similar devices could act as computers of some sort, with arithmetic and heuristic operations that can be utilised by the player for some purpose.

14. TheWalrusLivesInMe

TheWalrusLivesInMe Void-Bound Voyager

This would be better as a village not as a whole planet occupied by one city.

15. TTCBuilder

TTCBuilder Jackpot!

I think the whole entire world should be steampunk style and the idea is that there are multiple cities...
    But I guess that does go a little overboard.

16. turntechGodhead

turntechGodhead Phantasmal Quasar

A Steampunk planet, let alone a Steampunk race would be incredible.

17. BrutorDragon

BrutorDragon Tiy's Beard

This sounds awesome! Can there be steampunky Dragon Robots to get as pets too!

18. Tea Mate

Tea Mate Existential Complex

Could the whole planet be a single, giant, incredible clockwork contraption? You would only start to realise that as you would venture deeper into the planet. And at the very core, there would be an energy source which runs the whole planet.

19. turntechGodhead

turntechGodhead Phantasmal Quasar

YES.