1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Closed [STEAM, WINDOWS 10] SDV not launching

Discussion in 'Support' started by mercoeur, Jan 31, 2020.

1. mercoeur

mercoeur Space Hobo

Hello,

SDV was working for me perfectly until yesterday. I reset my laptop, thus had to reinstall steam and SDV. However, I have been unable to get it to launch. Whenever I try to relaunch the game, on Steam, the button goes from "Stop" to "Play". The game shows briefly in the "Details" and "Program" tab after I tried updating XNA and .NET, but it does not show the game. Other times, the game doesn't even show in those said tabs and closes immediately.

I have tried these following methods: I attempted to follow other's instructions online on updating Microsoft.NET and XNA Framework, I could not do so no matter what I tried. Nor would it let me uninstall 4.5 Microsoft.NET. Reinstalled XNA, nothing. I've uninstalled the game itself countless times, restarted my computer numerous times as well and nothing works still. If anyone possibly has any insight that would help, I'd greatly appreciate it.

This is also what shows up:

"SMAPI failed to initialize: System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'StardewModdingAPI.Constants' threw an exception. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'StardewValley.Game1' threw an exception. ---> System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.dll' or one of its dependencies. is not a valid Win32 application. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800700C1)
    at StardewValley.Game1..cctor()
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at StardewModdingAPI.Constants..cctor() in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Constants.cs:line 92
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at StardewModdingAPI.Constants.get_GameVersion() in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Constants.cs:line 92
    at StardewModdingAPI.Program.AssertGameVersion() in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Program.cs:line 94
    at StardewModdingAPI.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Program.cs:line 40
    Game has ended. Press any key to exit."

Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
    • Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

The devs are no longer monitoring this forum for anything other than the mobile version. Please visit this reddit thread for assistance.