1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Steam + early beta question

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by kitchin, Jun 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kitchin

kitchin Tentacle Wrangler

Hi,

i would like to know will the pre order for early beta will be aviable on steam.

I explain, i don't want my account to be linked to too many website so i would like to buy the game trough steam (i know if you buy it from the store right now you will have a steam key), but what i want to know is if i want to buy the game FROM steam will i be able to acces the early beta.

To sum up will the early beta will be aviable if you want to buy (pre order) the game from steam ?

0ssus likes this.
  2. KirasiN

KirasiN Existential Complex

Sadly, they mentioned that when beta will be released preorders will stop. So I think that won't happen.

3. BrutorDragon

BrutorDragon Tiy's Beard

Pre-Orders can only be made on the main website.
    If it WERE on steam, yes. But it is not.
    Sorry to say. So yea, main website...

4. kitchin

kitchin Tentacle Wrangler

OK,
    I can't find where back but i am pretty sure i saw on a FAQ they will be adding means of payement for the pre orders does any one can confirm me that because i can't find it back (so i am thinking i may have imagined that)

That's not exaclty what i am asking, i want to know if before the beta is released pre orders will be aviable on steam ?

Same here, ok i know that currently there are no pre orders in steam but will it be added to the means of payement ?

5. No kitchin, if Beta is released Pre-Orders end, yet, it is possible that Starbound do enter in Steam with Early Access after Beta is up, you will not pre-order the game, you will have the early access to the Beta of the game the moment you buy it.

Still Tiy just said it would like to do that, not that is going to be done. ;)

6. BrutorDragon

BrutorDragon Tiy's Beard

When it is released fully yes. For beta, no.

7. 0ssus

0ssus Void-Bound Voyager

Then i assume it is safe to say that, if you wish to acquire all the benefits of pre-ordering, to do it before beta is released?

8. Quantum

Quantum Spaceman Spiff

^ Yes.
    Because once it comes to Steam the only incentive will be early access. No pre-order bonuses (per what has been stated as of now).

WoxandWarf and 0ssus like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.