1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Steam Early Access for Beta?

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Rainbow Dash, Sep 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. natelovesyou

natelovesyou Oxygen Tank

If you purchase/preorder it from this site, you'll get a Steam key, so the copy your friend has for you, for example, will be on Steam. It can also be bought on Steam, obviously. Beta will be on Steam. What else do you need to know? I think you've just made this all very confusing by trying to call beta early access, you could have simply asked if beta will be on Steam. YES.

2. I think this is meant to be some kind of petitioning for Starbound to be put on Steam as an 'Early Access' game, the reason being that it would then be available for purchase through steam and, by proxy, all of steam's payment methods (prepaid steam cards, steam wallet funds etc.)

Rainbow Dash and linkthegamer like this.
  3. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

Thank You
    finaly someone sees what im trying to say
    well not a petition, more just asking the questain lol

4. natelovesyou

natelovesyou Oxygen Tank

Petition or no, it's going to be on Steam. It can be purchased via Steam during beta. This solves the question or issue.

RedDire likes this.
  5. RedDire

RedDire Cosmic Narwhal

You don't even need an account to use PayPal. You can buy things as a guest so really, there is no need for a Steam version. As you said "It's already available to everyone".

However, I understand that some people have money in their Steam wallet and might want to use that instead of paying for something they can already buy on Steam again.

6. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

cool just want i needed
    lock request please =p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.