1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Start up Error (No suitable graphics card found)

Discussion in 'Support' started by eolrie, Jun 8, 2019.

1. eolrie

eolrie Space Hobo

Hi all,

I've been on the quest to get my game running for the past month. I can't tell you how many forums I've read on here trying to get it to start with no avail.
    When I first started, I had the issue of it just simply not opening, saying it was running on Steam with nothing happening before quickly shutting down completely. I recently did a clean boot of my computer and hooray, no more of that- but now I get a message that says there is no suitable graphics card found. I've tried to get this to work on two seperate computers and get the same message. I'm almost positive that my computer meets the requirements for Stardew. I can run much higher graphic games on my computer than SV but allas, cannot get this one to get going.

Things I've tried/done:
    • Updating my drivers (They're all up to date)
    • Installing dotnet/XNA
    • Uninstalling and reinstalling the game
    • Restarting my computer
    • Creating a new user account on my computer
    *I'd like to add I've tried to find the config.dat file a lot of people talk about to delete but I can't seem to find it anywhere in my Stardew file.
    I'm seriously looking into throwing down 800 buckaroos on a new 'gaming' laptop simply to be able to play this game on PC so any help what so ever to get this started on one of the two computers I already own would be soo sooo appreciated.

This is the error message I get everytime I try to play the game: https://imgur.com/a/1vzMdb7
    And here's my computers info for anyone curious:
    Dell Studio 1569
    Winows 7 Premium
    Intel HD Graphics i-5
    Total graphics memory: 1696MB
    And as far as I know my graphics card supports shader model 4.0

Looking forward to hearing any suggestions, thank you!!

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019