1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED StarReader: Starbound Web-Based Player Save File Editor

Discussion in 'Other' started by Gear, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

The number codes I mean are the codes listed by StarReader when it reads an item's special qualities. For example, the Wood Planks (darkwoodmaterial) I have shown in my screenshot both list 43.764705657959 as the number used by materialHueShift. However, the items do not stack in-game even though they are seemingly the same as viewed by StarReader. The issue is, apparently, an issue with the amount of numbers displayed, as there is actually two diffferent numbers there, one just is cut short.

I went back into my original color codes listing file, and found this number: 43.764705657958984375. Testing it in-game, blocks with this number used stack with the weird stack and don't make a whole different stack when mined, leading me to believe that an inaccurate number code was the problem. But I would not have found that out through StarReader.

Let's compare the difference between the numbers:

Six numbers difference after StarReader rounds off.

I don't know how you made this otherwise wonderful program, but it needs a fix here. It may be beneficial to do so for all special coding like that as well. stemHueShift and foliageHueShift (both for trees) for example.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
  2. Gear

Gear Subatomic Cosmonaut

Ok I understand, I have a feeling on whats causing it, so i'll check it out. Thanks!

3. BeLe

BeLe Big Damn Hero

I think you should perhaps disable editing of items or at least put a warning on it, saying that editing item values doesn't seem to work. Both the generatedsword and generatedguns I used this on turned into PGIs, and all I did was change existing values so that they'd be a bit higher. ex: classmultiplier 0, level 3, projectile level 3, projectile power 3, reduced fire time... etc. All of the edits would've taken fine in angry koala with another save editor, but here they corrupt my item. :\
    Though this does work for editing amounts of items that you already have, at least. :)

4. DiiSs

DiiSs Star Wrangler

Is there a possibility of having a version chooser? I want to get all my items back but I can't look at my old save because it's outdated.

5. Tyler61210

Tyler61210 Void-Bound Voyager

Try opening the older .player file with notepad. Slowly delete from the beginning and you'll sooner or later get to your old items list. Or just look carefully and you'll see.

6. Gear

Gear Subatomic Cosmonaut

Have you tried editing each of those individually? I'd like to know if they each corrupt the item or if it's only one. I've had plenty of success changing properties but I haven't tried them all yet.
    I'll see what I can do about putting the old version somewhere

7. TheBengineer

TheBengineer Aquatic Astronaut

Hey, this is an awesome program! Kudos to you for making it! I was just wondering, is there a way to change gender?

Last edited: Feb 1, 2014
  8. Ryton

Ryton Void-Bound Voyager

Can you possibly make it so that you can edit hairstyles and the like? because I accidentally chose one I didn't want... .-.

9. LagAttack

LagAttack Aquatic Astronaut

I can't seem to get any weapon edits working. Whenever I even try to export the weapon data and paste it into a new slot, the pasted version becomes a "Perfectly Generic Item"

10. Ryton

Ryton Void-Bound Voyager

That's the same going for me. ^

11. Ashyr

Ashyr Yeah, You!

There's another editor that allows you to do that.

http://sbse.hyunsdojo.com/

Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
  12. shadowwolf656

shadowwolf656 Space Hobo

my save is not updating whatsoever
    edit: me thinks i figured it out

13. Ryton

Ryton Void-Bound Voyager

I wish that there was a save editor that'd give me the forum character creator glitch options too... ;-;

14. BeLe

BeLe Big Damn Hero

you'd have to find/make a mod for that. A save editor can't give you that which does not exist.

15. Manooz

Manooz Big Damn Hero

I must be retarded, because I can't for the life of me figure out how to add items to my inventory. i put in the item name and that's it, i can't do anything else.

16. Ryton

Ryton Void-Bound Voyager

There's a mod for the classic ones, I just don't know how to edit the player save file correctly... >>

17. Kaoeg17

Kaoeg17 Space Spelunker

What are the max values you can set your stats cause mine keep getting reset to my armor and starting stats if not affected by anything else

18. Acika_car

Acika_car Space Hobo

it doesn't work for me it says this
    "Oops! Something was wrong with that file. Could be an old version, could be corrupt, could be a gif?"

19. Raevus

Raevus Void-Bound Voyager

I used this tool to change my UUID because it seemed to be non-existent, but when I click generate save file NOTHING happens.

20. DaPotato

DaPotato Void-Bound Voyager

Hello, I have used this, and it is very good, but after my 3rd time using it, starbound wouldn't recognize to files D= Can you help or tell me what i did wrong?