Stardew World

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dollydollop, Jun 14, 2019.

1. dollydollop

dollydollop Orbital Explorer

So I can't help but be a little curious about the world. Mermaids, the green merpeople, Shadow creatures, slimes, dwarves, wizards and witches, other monsters, Mr. Qi, Junimos. The majestic purple pig at the Traveling Cart (I really wish she had a name and I could have conversations with her). I really appreciate world building, and fantasy worlds, but I wonder how 'mainstream' those monsters and things are, like does everyone know about them or is it because of that weird forest magic thing that we see some of them? Also, headcanon that Joja uses slimes for their cola.

• Phea

Phea Big Damn Hero

Interesting theory . . . does that mean Sam likes drinking slime juice?! o_O
      I think the townspeople know generally about the monsters and how the mines are dangerous. On Spirit's Eve there's a cage (which I assume Marlon put there) with skeletons, and Sebastian talks about wanting to see them, so I think the villagers know about them to some extent. I don't think they know about Krobus/the Dwarf, though (or maybe they just let them live in peace?).

• dollydollop

dollydollop Orbital Explorer

Mm, Krobus is interesting. I think Marlon and Gil might know a little, I know one dialogue from Krobus is about how the Shadow Brutes and Shamans have learned not to trust humans and that's why they attack. It also makes me wonder about George who used to work in the mines and how deep he might've gone and if he knows Marlon and Gil or not. And I know during the winter Night Market there's a mermaid show thing so I guess they would maybe know about those? Are they acquainted with the Swamp Witch who just randomly curses things sometimes? I think about it a lot.

• WilliamZ

WilliamZ Phantasmal Quasar

Do not forget about the toughest MF Linus that went to the bottom of the mines several times, according to him.

• Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

Let's not forget Baba Yaga! I would suspect she left the Soviet Union after they showed little sympathy to relics of a bygone order, and moved to Stardew Valley eventually to be near old friends. It's good to see her hut on chicken legs occasionally, though I don't recall observing her in her old pestle, stroking through the air quickly with her mortar. Perhaps the Communists impounded them as historical artifacts, but then, so is she.

• Ringeltree

Ringeltree Space Spelunker

There seems to be a mix. Most people can’t see the Junimos, but everyone knows about mermaids and slimes. There are books and legends about many magical beings, but I don’t know how seriously people take them. I’m guessing it is one of those worlds that is so rich that most people only engage with a small slice of it.

• Kurachi84

Kurachi84 Cosmic Narwhal

aside from junimo's, they seem sheltered about what they do know exists
                many are like "i heard (danger story), sounds creepy" or such dialogue
                Marnie mentions the wizard's house being noisy sometimes, and she stays away from it (even though Leah is sometimes "banging in her hut" making sculptures, which sounds like more noise tahn the wizard's standing all day :p )
                but yeah, the villagers stay away from trouble, so they may know certain things, but don't wanna know more about them
                Krobus runs through the village at the cutscene at winter, so he could be seen by some passing-by villagers, but they are like "yeah ok, as long as it doesn't harm us"

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

it might be a case where the villagers don't want to see magical stuff so they pretend they don't? i mean, people are really good at filtering out the things they don't want to see so it is not impossible