Stardew Valley's Strange Remedies

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LuthienNightwolf, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Erick648

Erick648 Pangalactic Porcupine

Maybe he wants to wash it down with a Joja Cola. Because you can't have a burrito without cola to drink.

You know how grandparents sometimes spoil their grandchildren? Let's just say that her visits from the tooth fairy were epic.

lilly_ampleton likes this.
    • mrobake

mrobake Zero Gravity Genie

Maybe he misheard Dr. Harvey's order to 'cook the fish back at your home' to 'rub the fish on your back at home' :monkey:

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

Ow. You'd wake up with bruises on your face, sleeping with a metal bar under your pillow.

• Arduinna

Arduinna Astral Cartographer

Capascaicin (the stuff which makes hot peppers hot) is actually used for pain treatment. It helps with increasing the blood flow and drains neurotransmitter connected to pain.

LuthienNightwolf likes this.
          • LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

That was my thought exactly, I just didn't have all the science for it. haha

MrToni300 likes this.
            • Irediel

Irediel Space Penguin Leader

... does it work for emotional pain?
              HAHAHA :lickitung:

• LuthienNightwolf

Well, if your mouth is on fire you're sure gonna forget about whatever else is bothering you for a bit, so we'll go with yes. lol

Zosa and MrToni300 like this.
                • Arduinna

Arduinna Astral Cartographer

Since pain triggers the production of endorphines (which are your body's own happy drug), yes it helps to a certain degree at least.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
                    Saraneth likes this.
                  • musical74

musical74 Space Kumquat

I want a potato to play a prank on my Dad!

~Abigail

What exactly are you planning, Abby? Or do I want to know?

• SterlingC

SterlingC 2.7182818284590...

I think George asked for a hot pepper to rub on his aching knee... Not as weird as some of the other requests mentioned, but it's still pretty weird regardless.

• LuthienNightwolf

Abby asked me for a Bream to play a trick on her dad. I imagined her leaving it in the cash register overnight for him to find in the morning. >u<

MrToni300 and lilly_ampleton like this.
                        • Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

Yeah, it's easy to guess what she'll do with fish. You leave out fish unfrozen for even the shortest of time and the entire freaking house will smell like rotten fish ...But vegetables? How exactly do you prank someone with veggies? xD

• Kashmir

Kashmir Giant Laser Beams

Someone (don't remember who) asked for a ruby to rub on their back. If someone gave me a big ruby, my back would quit hurting too.

• WATERTHOOOOOSSEE

WATERTHOOOOOSSEE Phantasmal Quasar

On my first character and month,Abby asked me for a solid bar of IRON to prank his dad.

Do i really....reallly want to know....?

• musical74

musical74 Space Kumquat

Veggies, fish, iron...Abby must be quick the prankster!

Someone wanted a RED mushroom to *spice up a dish*. Red mushroom is poisonous, don't think you want to spice it that way...

• Larielia

Larielia Subatomic Cosmonaut

I keep seeing requests for super cucumber. But nobody says why they want it.

• WATERTHOOOOOSSEE

WATERTHOOOOOSSEE Phantasmal Quasar

Oh man,CA needs to make more of these....."Quests"

• worldworld

worldworld Void-Bound Voyager

(I know this is an old topic, but the requests sometimes just crack me up so much.) The random quests that make the most sense to me are
                                      • Abigail's 'I wanna play a prank', and
                                      • Sebastian's 'I wanna hurtle something inanimate at a rock wall that splats satisfyingly, because I need to vent'.
                                      Still, why would Abigail advertise the fact that she wants to play a prank? Curious neighbors would be all over that. So there's still a separation of gameplay and story. I guess in-universe, Abigail would only write she needs a fish or something. If you're friends with her, she might admit in a conspiratorial tone that the item is for a prank.

• Fuzzyman

Fuzzyman Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Harvey, the doctor wanted a sardine to rub on his nose

springacres likes this.
                                        • springacres

springacres Phantasmal Quasar

...Except that the only time I got that line from Sebastian, he asked me for bok choy. Um... bok choy doesn't sound likely to splat as satisfyingly as, say, a nice ripe tomato.