1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Stardew Valley not starting

Discussion in 'Support' started by ShinTaichou, Sep 14, 2019.

Tags:
  1. ShinTaichou

ShinTaichou Intergalactic Tourist

Hello Everyone
    I have the following Problem with Stardew Valley:
    I played the Game a long while ago and wanted to start again on pc to play with a friend but it just doesnt open anymore.
    No error message or anything like that, when i open task manager and try to open it it appears for a millisecond and then nothing.
    I already looked through a lot of things through Google and tried to get help on the Offical Stardew Valley Discord Server and they send me here.
    Thats it for the backstory now a list of what i did:
    Re-Install on Steam and even buying it again on GOG
    After new Installation it didnt produce the Folder anymore in Appdata (yes i know how to show hidden folders)
    A friend send me his folder with the startup preferences File, didnt work (heard about the problem that the Programm bugs around with windowed mode)
    I updated every Driver and installed every XNA and .Net Framework Library i could find.
    i plugged in aux and usb headsets and updated the drivers for sound too
    The launch options in steam where empty too and GOG was a fresh installation so mods dont exist, i tried to use smapi anyway just to try everything, same results it doesnt open.
    I tried to open it with steam, gog and standalone in the game folder as administrator.
    I use windows defender and made it an exception in the firewall.
    I attached the info about my pc too regarding processor (hope its still clear even so its in german)

I hope someone can help me because i really like this Game

Attached Files:

• Marioverehrer

Marioverehrer Space Hobo

One of my friends has the same issue. No matter what he does Stardew Valley crashes shortly after launching in steam. I play the game too but this issue doesnt involve me so i'm curious what could be wrong as well. also i'm writing for my friend because he doesnt speak english too well. we're from germany as well. also sorry to the topic hoster that this post doesnt help his issue, but imo this is better than creating another topic with the same title. help in this case is greatly appreciated.