1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Stardew Valley Multiplayer Beta: Known Issues & Fixes

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katzeus, Apr 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BeachBunny

BeachBunny Tentacle Wrangler

My partner and I upgraded our home to the tier that adds extra rooms and now the wallpapers in the storage bins are glitched and crash the game if we try to move them out. These are the ones we have, but it's with any so far.

https://imgur.com/a/IWc5vWI
    [​IMG]

• HumanPerson5

HumanPerson5 Space Hobo

I too just started having the wallpaper buying problem from both pierre and the catalogue. Haven't tested buying furniture. I won't try either until a fix is issued. Definitely must be the most recent update if everyone else is getting this problem.

• Aleiny

Aleiny Intergalactic Tourist

Hey, my game crashes (the program closes down unexpectedly) when I try buying the Wallpaper Catalog from Pierre's.

I'm on mac, if that makes a difference. I tried it several times, each time it happened, and there didn't seem to be a difference in what else I had done that day.

I'm attaching the log and save file for that player file here.

Attached Files:

• LadyJaneGrey

LadyJaneGrey Space Hobo

Had a couple bugs today.

1. People are stuck at a set number of gifts given - this doesn't reset at the end of the week. Ex: I've given Maru 2 gifts and now every week she is stuck at 2 gifts and I can't give her any more.

2. Crash bug. When I try to buy an oak bench from Robin, the game crashes. Not sure if it's every item from Robin, I've only tried it with the oak bench. Seems it might be all furniture.

Attached Files:

• Khilani (aka Eirene)

Khilani (aka Eirene) Orbital Explorer

I crashed when trying to buy a calendar from Robin. A friend of mine crashed three times each trying to buy calendars and plasma TVs from Robin. Both of these crashes happened on MultiPlayer farms in SinglePlayer mode (since moving buildings isn't a thing in MultiPlayer mode).

Attached Files:

• melisandwich

melisandwich Space Hobo

Major bug today...my game save now shows up in the Saved Games file as the name of the save and no other information, except for 500g and 0:00 playing hours and generic name 'farm'. If I try to open it the game crashes.

I've imported backup save files and the same thing happens.

• Lukegarcia

Lukegarcia Space Hobo

Crashed when trying to buy anything from Robin. First crashed when buying calendar, then I tried random item (small window) on different days, using both host and other player.

All tries on multiplayer with two players on the farm, running OS "Windows 10" (host) and "Windows 7" (second player).

Both attached errorlogs are from the second player (myself).

Attached Files:

• orpopiru

orpopiru Space Hobo

A bug where the visitor players fridge empties between play sessions. Everything put inside the fridge just isn't there the next time we play.

• kendrik yolk

kendrik yolk Space Hobo

Pretty impactful game crash. tl;dr is game crashes every time you try to take wallpapers / floorings from catalogue.

This bug started occurring right after I married Emily. Skipped the ceremony by closing the game. Next play session logged in, tried to change wallpaper by taking it out of the catalogue and it crashed. Afterwards tried to buy from traveling cart and it crashed as well.

Next game session took place in co-op as well. After, I tried it in singleplayer as well to make sure and still crashed.

Update: Friend came into house and all the wallpapers and floors became randomly replaced in design.

However now we're able to use almost any store - this time traveling cart works as well.

Seems like catalog is the only thing affecting gameplay.

Last edited: May 22, 2018
                    • Cylina

Cylina Void-Bound Voyager

Multiple Undeletable Pickaxes

I host a game that my friend joins. He has mostly been doing the farming while I mine and upgrade our tools. We've been using a single chest placed within my house to exchange items and store seeds and tools. When I took his pickaxe to get it upgraded, he was given another. He placed it in the group chest and later when I saw it I thought I had forgotten to take his to get upgraded. When I took the second pickaxe, he was given a third. I cannot delete these extra pickaxes. This has not occurred with other tools.

Forced Teleport of Other Player

When I entered Pierre's shop and it triggered the cutscene where Morris shows up and steals all his customers with coupons, at the start of the cutscene it teleported my friend inside the shop.

Last edited: May 22, 2018
                      • jsm116

jsm116 Big Damn Hero

Issues in single player:
                        -If you catch all three of the night market fish before completing Master Angler you'll get the achievement in game when you have all but three of the regular fish caught.
                        -If you pickaxe a chest with items in it, the items inside are lost. Very very dangerous.
                        -Many visual glitches with the horse. Pressing a move button before fully mounted seems to cause most of the problems. The horse also disappears at the edge of an area while the scene transitions.

• VladGm22

VladGm22 Space Hobo

Every time I try to buy something from Robin The Game Crashes (FURNITURE, Havent Tested With Anything Else)

Attached Files:

• Zimizebida

Zimizebida Void-Bound Voyager

I'm having the game crash at the end of the day in multiplayer when going to sleep for the night (when all players are in bed and the game tries to load the you-sold-this-stuff-today screen). It happens maybe one in six days in multiplayer, not at all in single player. Error log attached.

Attached Files:

• jacquelinedlcw

jacquelinedlcw Space Hobo

I'm also having this problem when collecting wine. I'm holding down the "check/do action" key when collecting. Here's a screen recording of it happening.

• keytars

keytars Void-Bound Voyager

My friend is still getting the LAN-only issue, confirmed she's on 1.3.12 and that it occurs while she's online in Steam and connected in general. The posted fix isn't an option, as she plays on a mac, and verifying the game cache doesn't help either.

• greh223

greh223 Space Hobo

I'm having a weird glitch/issue where I can bring the dialogue box up using the x button but after that my x button becomes totally unusable, forcing me to use my mouse to right click. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? It's hindering my ability to play. I've attached a save file if it helps.

Attached Files:

• miguelbazil

miguelbazil Void-Bound Voyager

Playing on Windows 10, through steam, LAN with the GF. We're both on 1.3.12, but we're using the same map since the beggining. She was on the farm, I was on Pierre's. Bought 2x wheat flour, 2x oil, and when I tried to buy flooring, it silent crashed to desktop.
                                    Log attached. The error was an "Object reference not set to an instance of an object", so I suppose it was not properly loaded in memory?

I'd also like to mention that her house's (not host) floor always seems to return to defaults.

Attached Files:

• Bobalicious Tea

Bobalicious Tea Space Hobo

Multiplayer Issues (May be general issues, but will give specific occurrences just in case):
                                      - Parsnip Seeds doubling. The Parsnip seeds were bought from Pierre's store, and when I dragged the seeds out of my inventory, for another player to pick up, the other player received double the amount of seeds. Doubling cycle continues indefinitely each time seeds were dragged out of inventory.
                                      - Mayor Lewis's over-world sprite would randomly be cut in half for no reason. If it mattered, always near Marnie's Shop. (quite morbid).
                                      - Occurred in 4 man multiplayer, where 3/4 players have headed to bed, but the last player did not make it on time before 2:00 am. When 2:00 am hit, screen was stuck on the 3/4 players being ready for bed, but the last player did not pass out. Was not able to continue to the next day, until host reset the day.

• margotbean

margotbean Existential Complex

Visual glitches:
                                        • While walking home from the museum, Jas' head appeared behind the trash can in front of Haley/Emily's house.
                                        • During Sam's 2-heart event, Sebastian's head appeared behind the drum set when Seb turned sideways.
                                        • Animal products (still) blink when picked up

Disappearing Mayor Lewis:
                                        • He's still in the void at the top of his house after returning home for the evening (but before 10pm). First noticed in v1.2.33 using NPCMapLocations mod -- he appears inside his home on the map, but is actually in the void. Still occurring in v1.3 vanilla.
                                          • He will return to his kitchen if I swing a sword at the entrance to the house until I'm in the void, but only if I walk up to the top of the map and blindly run into him.

• Yo Pyro

Yo Pyro Intergalactic Tourist

I got multiplayer on my very first world so I could marry my boyfriend on it. Well i noticed after getting multiplayer on it, even when no one is on it and i'm just playing by myself on single player, it starts to lag at some points. Today it lagged to the point that it closed on me. I didn't get to save my progress or anything on it...

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.