1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Stardew Valley Multiplayer Beta: Known Issues & Fixes

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katzeus, Apr 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DetectiveDonut

DetectiveDonut Intergalactic Tourist

I had the same problem. Host's weather prediction was correct, mine wasn't.

• Mattman6000

Mattman6000 Space Hobo

Running version v1.3.11
      Ones which started in v1.3.11: Both crash the game.
      -Spring year 2 day 6 - Unlocked the Greenhouse but the cut scene crashes the game when playing the cutscene of the Junimos. This is after the days events happen of completing that bundle, and it is the host which is experiencing the issue :(
      -Winter year 1 and Summer year 2 - Selling items to Piere crashing the game. Most recently, the same day (Spring year 2 day 6 selling Parsnips)

General issues I have found after playing around 25 hours of the multiplayer:
      -Sound issue when entering certain floors of the mines (around 50~70 range)
      -Horse issues where the horse auto rides after leaving buildings. Also sometimes, horse follows character after getting off the horse.
      -Hay shown on both players screens after one player collects it, regardless of what maps the two players are in.
      -"'Cowname' has no milk right now" message when milking cows appearing on both player's screens, regardless of what maps the two players are in/which player milks cows.
      -Cow milking noise playing for both players, regardless of what maps the two players are in.

Specs:
      Win 10 x64
      Intel Core i5-4690 CPU @ 3.50GHz
      16GD DDR3 ram
      Radeon R290 graphics card
      Game saved to 250 GB SSD

• Koihime Nakamura

Koihime Nakamura Ketchup Robot

In 1.3, the farmhands fridges don't seem to sync.

• Caney32

Caney32 Void-Bound Voyager

My friend and I are playing Summer 22 on the multiplayer beta like any other day, and the game crashes as soon as we click go to sleep. The first time it happened, he (the guest) sold some weapons to the adventurers club, and when we went to bed it crashed. That happened twice, doing the same thing, before I continued to the next day without him. We played another day without him selling anything, went to sleep, and everything was fine. The next day he sold a couple items to the chest on the farm, and the game crashed again when we went to sleep.

I'm also attempting to upload my saved game file, which is 3.2 MB, but the site is giving me an error and saying the file is too large for the server to process, despite saying 10 MB max.

Attached Files:

• alybunbun

alybunbun Poptop Tamer

you can pause by pressing t on the keyboard then typing '/pause'

• psychopriest32

psychopriest32 Space Hobo

Ok so I noticed a bug where gifts do not reset after a week

• psychopriest32

psychopriest32 Space Hobo

Ok so I noticed a bug where gifts do not reset after a week I have gave both Leah and Elliot two gifts but when Sunday it’s been a few weeks and they gift limit didn’t reset

• Caper

Caper Space Hobo

Totally minor: in singleplayer, Willy's sardine fishing quest was on the board on the third day of summer when there are no sardines in ocean fishing so Willy somehow forgot when sardines are around.

• abbeyk

abbeyk Space Hobo

Issue: Game froze when playing the fishing mini-game during the Fall 16th fair
                    Build: Current (1.3.11)

This happened when the day I turned on the beta was the day of the fair, Evelyn visited to give me a planter as usual.
                    Upon entering the fishing tent the timer starts but I am unable to move and if I try to cast my line it freezes in the air. The countdown reaches zero and then nothing happens, I am frozen and unable to move, leave, or access the menu.
                    I was able to recreate this twice.

Attached Files:

• kazoodle

kazoodle Poptop Tamer

My (helper) and my friend's (host) 2nd level farmhouses have a problem with the kitchen floor pattern overtaking the entire house. Whenever we place new flooring down it's deleted and replaced with the standard black and white tile floor. We've replaced the entire floor of our houses, but it still reverts back to that flooring.

When exploring the skull cavern with friends holes aren't consistent. A hole on my screen will be a ladder on theirs and vice versa, I'm not sure if this is intended or not.

I'm a helper with a 2nd level house and my fridge deletes all the food I put in there. I filled my fridge up with various cooking items and went to bed. When I woke up the next morning my fridge was totally empty. This happened again the next day as well.

We're also both unable to move farm buildings. The host has tried moving them and the players that built them have tried, but the option to move them isn't appearing.

• Loudsaint

Loudsaint Void-Bound Voyager

Crash bug while playing with friend in Skull Mines.

Attached Files:

• cressian

cressian Space Hobo

I am a farmhand, not the host and the most apparent issues Ive noticed as of todays date:

1.) My host is *always* informed when the animals Im tending to have no milk. It knocks him out of his fishing screen
                          2.) There are several random instances where i can hear various riffs of Mine Music; I'll be on the farm and he'll be in the mine
                          3.) I will be on the farm or in town, my host will be in the mines and he'll hear our animals making noises
                          4.) We have completed the Community Center but I as the farmhand was never able to enter the player menu/inventory and check up on the Community Center bundles. Even now that its complete I still can see the "incomplete" view from the inventory. It meant I always had to run to the community center to check on what we needed.
                          5.) Similar bug: gift markers arent resetting. Shanes been permanently stuck with one gift given ever since I gave him a gift on his birthday 3 seasons ago!

• Heather1234

Heather1234 Void-Bound Voyager

Issue with community bundles for non host player. Everything is syncing fine for husband as he is the host. However for me every morning it acts for me as though the first spring bundle has not been turned in so I can't see any other room bundles. Once I put something in a bundle I seem to be able to see things normally with the tree icon on my inventory screen but as soon as I go to sleep I have to go to the community center itself to see what bundles are filled and what other bundles need. I am the only one who has actually put stuff in the bundles.

Also another note of time not stopping during scenes not sure what can be done but it is an issue as follows. I was in bed shortly before 11 husband was heading back to home when the cut scene for Linus triggered with him digging in the trash, all I could do was sit in bed and watch as the time hit 2 am and stopped and he was still dealing with the cut scene. As soon as the cut scene ended he passed out in town. Waking up with not full energy because of something out of our control is definitely not fun.

• Carrotloid

Carrotloid Space Hobo

My friend got stuck on the sign below Marnie's house by throwing his fishing rod while pressed against it. He couldn't make any action, and the day wouldn't end even after 2 AM.

• flanunu

flanunu Orbital Explorer

• Dexterdrak

Dexterdrak Space Hobo

I am consistently crashing while hosting a game on the 15th of Fall, Year 1. It happened twice. First time when I didn't make it back to the house in time, and second I was in bed. It seems to happen right before the earnings show up. Could I please get some assistance? Thank you.

Attached Files:

• maddylove16

maddylove16 Space Hobo

Hello! I just ran into an interesting bug while playing multiplayer and I'm not too sure if anyone has also ran into this issue since it is not being dealt with as of now in the forum. So what happened was my friend was picking his character while I was watching him make his character from the bed, and I accidentally swung my pickaxe while clicking back into the game, which caused the character creation to stop and for him to start the game without finishing it. This happened twice to us actually so I think when you're near someone who is still customizing their character and you swing a tool on or at them, then it forced them out of the menu and into the game. This seems like a bug to me and I hope it gets fixed because the two times it happened to us, they were by accident and it was annoying to try to re-do customizing. I hope that it can be easily fixed for you guys :)

• SaishuHane

SaishuHane Space Hobo

Year 1
                                    16th of Fall
                                    Playing on solo in the beta

Fishing game at the event in town locks movement on character. The timer will still progress, but once it runs down, nothing else seems to change. Attempting to open up any menu doesn't work. Alt F4 is the only way out.

• DaniRainbow

DaniRainbow Intergalactic Tourist

Okay so I just encountered a couple of bugs on my farm.

1) If a cow or goat has no milk, every player including the ones not on the farm and interacting with the animal will get the notification that there is no milk.

2) If the farmhand is fishing and host passes out before going to bed, the farmhand will be able to move and do things with time frozen, host will wake up but be stuck on a screen saying "Waiting on players 1/2" for sleeping. When farmhand tries to sleep is only shows 1 player is sleeping, which is why I am assuming the character wakes up and I'm not able to move them.

3) There is a bar stabbed through the horse and only the farmhand can see it.

4) Sprinklers randomly will get erased. Closing game and reloading will bring them back.

• Gelex

Gelex Intergalactic Tourist

I found a bug with the watering can charging. Steps to reproduce:

1. Stand on the left (west) side of a body of water in the farm (I was playing on a standard farm as a farmhand)
                                        2. Charge the watering can (I was using a copper watering can)

Expected: Watering can charges
                                        Observed: Watering can does not charge, but just waters one square.

I tried the same on the right (east) sides of both ponds of the standard farm layout, but those worked just fine.

Thread Status:
                                        Not open for further replies.