1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Stardew Valley Multiplayer Beta: Known Issues & Fixes

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katzeus, Apr 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nipper

Nipper Void-Bound Voyager

Found a persistent crashing issue reconnecting to a multiplayer server after my cabin was moved by host. I reconnected after the first crash just fine. After a 3rd player joined and we slept for the day, I simply could not reconnect. I would get as far as loading the host's server before crashing every time. The 3rd player seemed to have no issues but claimed to have really terrible internet. The host was streaming on Twitch the whole time.

Also found an issue where if a chest (possibly any place able item) was put in front of a cabin door, nobody could get inside. This issue occurred when the host moved my cabin to make room for the 3rd player. While not quite a bug, its very difficult to get around it in the first week when no one owns a backpack.

• Aaronpersonguy

Aaronpersonguy Space Hobo

Built the new house for Pam. On the day it should've been completed nothing had changed. Not sure if it matters but it happened to be on the same day as her birthday. When I went to see Robin she asked me if I wanted to build the house (again).

• Rummor

Rummor Void-Bound Voyager

when im play with my friend , we sell item on BIN in the farm . but after we go to sleep always freeze . BUT , if we not sell item on BIN & then go to sleep for a next day get normal . i think is bug

Attached Files:

• SV.jpg
            SV.jpg
            File size:
            250.5 KB
            Views:
        • mathuin

mathuin Aquatic Astronaut

The wife and I started a LAN multiplayer . At the end of Day 2 of Spring, Year 1, on the cash report screen, my mouse stopped moving. She clicked OK and got the black screen with a banner for Day 3 and Saving in the bottom left corner.

I have LookupAnything and SMAPI installed, no other mods. Ubuntu 16.04.4 LTS on both systems, completely up to date. If this is novel enough, I can attach save files. Thanks!

ETA: my wife put something in the bin so this may be the same hang as Rummor mentions above.

• mouse1996

mouse1996 Void-Bound Voyager

Sometimes when my friends fish, I see the fishing line going across my screen. If I am by the water source they are fishing at, I see the bobber, a white line going across my screen, and then a second later they will show up by the water source.

• Munkey4

Munkey4 Space Hobo

I found 3 bugs I believe, One is every time one of us talks to emily, the game crashes for whoever initiated the talk, and it dcs the other person. After restarting the server/map, it no longer crashed.

The other bug is during the character creation menu for player 2 at least, if player 1 tries to sleep in player 2's bed, it will cancel the character creation and be stuck with whatever you had selected at that time.

Willy invites you to come see him before 5, and when you go there, before 5, it says he'll be back tommorow.

Last edited: May 1, 2018
              • Clarnex

Clarnex Big Damn Hero

Yeah Dont know if it is intended or not, but Whenever me and my friend are within the same area (town,farm...) no matter how far apart me and him keep hearing everything we are doing across large distances, if this is an intended feature i hope at least the sound gets muffled when a player is off the screen as it is very distracting. But its perfectly understandable to hear 2 sets of sound when nearby to each other.

• tesxa

tesxa Space Hobo

I can't join a game online due to multiplayer options missing in menus.
                  OptionsMissing.png OptionsMissing2.png

• felispen

felispen Space Hobo

I was playing single player and the game crashes fishing at Stardew Valley Fair

[​IMG]

11053755 Void-Bound Voyager

I don't know how to explain this properly but whenever I end the day with items sold via shipping bin the game doesn't freeze per se, the mouse freezes -I also tried it using a controller. It works fine if I don't sell anything, I assume those freezes are on the broken mods -so I removed the mods that aren't compatible with the beta patch, but the freeze persists.

Here's all my mods (including the not compatible mod types):
                      • AnimalSitter
                      • Automate
                      • BetterRanching
                      • CJBCheatsMenu
                      • CJBItemSpawner
                      • CJBShowItemSellPrice
                      • ConsoleCommands
                      • ContentPatcher
                      • CustomFarmTypes
                      • ExpandedFridge
                      • ExperienceBars
                      • FastAnimations
                      • Forage at the Farm 1.8
                      • GiftTasteHelper
                      • LookupAnything
                      • LovedLabels
                      • Mining at the Farm 1.8
                      • NPCMapLocations
                      • Portraiture
                      • SB_PotC
                      • ScytheHarvesting
                      • SimpleCropLabel
                      • SkullCavernElevator
                      • SpaceCore
                      • StarblueValley
                      • StarblueValleyGrass
                      • Visualize
                      I'm not hoping that this will be prioritized considering the possible freeze of the game is due to an incompatible mod, but I'm just placing my know issues with the game.

• WerewolfScourge

WerewolfScourge Intergalactic Tourist

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but my girlfriend and I noticed while playing that if I was in the mine and the bees attacked me the buzzing would come through for her even if she was all the way at the farm and continue until she entered another area, even after I killed the bee and could no longer hear it. Also, her buzzing sound seemed to be far more static and harsh than it was for me.

• RabidMuffins

RabidMuffins Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Game froze after sleeping on Spring 1 and sales from the shipping bin were tallied. I can see the background animation, but the cursor isn't working.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

A later SMAPI release will add an audio API, thanks to some changes they agreed to put in Stardew Valley 1.3. :)

Katzeus and margotbean like this.
                            • Twofuzzyrabbits

Twofuzzyrabbits Space Hobo

Hey everyone, not major but wanted to report a bug in which the "Introduction" quest can not complete. I had spoken to 26/27 characters not including the Wizard. Even after speaking to him and checking all other NPCs, quest indicator said 26/27. I am not host of the server. Thank you
                              *edit, should have specified, its on a multiplayer save

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

The shipping screen freeze is fixed in SMAPI 2.6-beta.3. Sorry about that!

• SkyHighKiwi

SkyHighKiwi Space Hobo

Having an issue with the deluxe barn and coop. I have hay in the silo, but it no longer is putting the hay into the coop/barn troughs automatically. I can do it manually still.

• Sevensong

Sevensong Space Hobo

Whenever I try to place something in the box to sell overnight, the screen freezes when my character falls asleep and the game can't be interacted with until I turn it off and restart.

• NekoKawaii

NekoKawaii Void-Bound Voyager

things (backpack, reward at the mine and in the museum) only go to the host. Is the money spent going to two sides?

• ayahimew

ayahimew Void-Bound Voyager

Sorry if this has been said before! Probably the biggest issue is the extreme desync in time between players. I doubt it's the internet connection as we have been able to play the MP mod with no problems. Specifically, I am an Australian player trying to connect to an American-hosted group and their clock is a lot faster than mine, and slower if I am the host. There are also loading screen crashes if a farmhand leaves the area without the host, and the loading screens can be quite long if the connection is not stable. A thought is that maybe playing by LAN will solve this issue?

• nachtfalken

nachtfalken Space Hobo

When talking to Harvey when he was in the doctors office with Abigail the first few days, he spewed garbage code. EDIT: Someone else found it too. GIF here: https://i.imgur.com/CibKBNw.gif

[​IMG]
                                          [​IMG]

Last edited: May 1, 2018
                                          Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.