1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Stardew Valley Multiplayer Beta: Known Issues & Fixes

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katzeus, Apr 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. halberdjack

halberdjack Space Hobo

I have encountered two bugs:
    https://community.playstarbound.com/threads/egg-unclickable-at-egg-festival.144170/

Also, as of the most recent build,
    Build: 1.3.11
    Activity: Running through the mines, at levels between 20 and 40.

Issue: The larval forms of the bee/buzzing-flying monsters become immune to damage as soon as the behavior changes to 'run away and form a cocoon, where-as prior to 1.3 I could hit them while they were running away right up until they finally turned green and transformed. This means that I cannot kill them at all before they become fliers, which makes them significantly more frustrating to deal with.

• mandragoras

mandragoras Intergalactic Tourist

Discovered something new!

So my friend (host) and I finished the community center in winter year 2. We've been working pretty hard at getting hearts with the villagers, and we were stoked about the huge jump in affection for finishing it. My friend gave me a bouquet, since we figured we'd get married and just live in the main house instead of upgrading two houses. So by the time we finished the community center, we're already dating. But after the community center's friendship points boost, my friend saw Leah's 10-heart event. I'm not sure if this is because of the CC, or because the hearts meters are just messed up from the beta somehow, but it's... weird.

• Azriet

Azriet Void-Bound Voyager

I encountered a bug last night where I ended up stuck on top of the greenhouse. I am not the host.

STEPS:
        1. Was riding around on horse
        2. Horse got caught in a bush
        3. Tried to get off horse, got stuck in same bush
        4. Passed out
        5. Spawned in doorway of house
        6. Had to exit house to let the day roll over
        7. After the end-of-day report, day started with me on top of the greenhouse.

Screencap attached.

Attached Files:

• Best Farmhand EU

Best Farmhand EU Space Hobo

the community center over view in the inventory doesnt work for the guests, only for the hosts

• phanhau35

phanhau35 Void-Bound Voyager

Crash when Sleeping before Moonlight Jelly

Attached Files:

• Shroomper

Shroomper Space Hobo

I and my friend's game have been running smoothly until we reached summer 17-19 year 1. When I started selling big loads of blueberries to Pierre it crashed for me, but that's was fine since we could still sell it in the box by the farm instead. but when we started to go through the whole days his game always crashed at the point where we were supposed to wake up. And since he's the host we can't really progress if we go through the whole days only if we just make a few hours (game time) to later go to sleep early at around 11 morning time. So our days have really been decreased by this bug.

• leviafanx3

leviafanx3 Space Hobo

Have an issue: playing with 3 friends (4 player in game). When all of us go to sleep the game is crashing after using Piere's shop or buying a new Bag from him.
                2 Errorlogs attached, the errors are the same.

Attached Files:

• kotnaker

kotnaker Intergalactic Tourist

I am playing with 1 other friend. I host the server and on various days the game crashes when we go to sleep.
                  This does not happen every day, but once it happens on a specific day, it will always crash when we replay that day and go to sleep.
                  If I replay the day alone, the game does not crash. After that day, my friend joins and we can play 1 or 2 days without it crashing, after which the game crashes again when going to sleep.

I have attached the savegame and error logs.

Attached Files:

• AZookiex3

AZookiex3 Space Hobo

Hello!

I'm just curious, will the ability to move around buildings be added in the full release? I understand that there were some bugs, but I was worried when I tried to move my Chicken Coop and I had no option to. Also, the only bugs I've encountered so far are: the fishing lines glitch, treasure chest not showing up in the mines [was old think this has already been fixed], Traveling Merchant has no merchandise available [encountered in 2nd MP farm, not since], and the quest "Initiation" had me killing "Rock Crabs" instead of slimes [encountered in 2nd MP farm, not since].

• babylonium

babylonium Orbital Explorer

I am the host, playing with one other person. I upgraded my house once, and the kitchen tiles spread to the entire house. I placed a different flooring and the kitchen tiles were back in the same place, but a few days later and the entire flooring of the house is back to the default kitchen tiles.
                      [​IMG]
                      I also encountered this bug with willy.
                      [​IMG]

MrBootybreath likes this.
                      • mert-cool50

mert-cool50 Void-Bound Voyager

There is no background music at the Luau, no matter how many times i restart the day.

Edit: it appears that alot of events(including NPC events)don't play their background music anymore.

Last edited: May 24, 2018
                          margotbean and Munchma like this.
                        • brey0002

brey0002 Space Hobo

Hello I just started using multiplayer recently with my 2 kids. I noticed some of the same issues already reported (ex. guests not able to see community center (CC) progress without going to CC).

First problem that affects our game is the inability to pick up maple, pine, or oak seeds from ground in order to craft "field snacks" which are useful in many ways. The only way to get the seeds is to cut down the trees completely. This was not the case in single player as you could use a pick axe or axe to get seeds, vs. using the same methods now just destroys the seed.

The second issue is with regard to time and ability to pause time. While playing I wanted my older son and I to pause momentarily mid-day in the game and attempted to go to the esc. screen while we waited for the younger son's computer to boot up. In single player, being in this screen paused the time; however, in this case the time kept progressing. I'm not sure if this was intentional or not. I hope not as there are many things that can interrupt play for a few minutes and it would be frustrating if you had to exit and save and restart the day over, or let the time pass.

margotbean likes this.
                          • manatee1442

manatee1442 Void-Bound Voyager

I have made a couple notes on things not working well.

1. Secret Note 17. Whatever it is you dig up immediately falls into the river because it is one square of ground.

2. When playing multiplayer, the non-host can't look at the community bundle tabs in the menu outside of the community centre. They can only look at the pantry tab but can't scroll through any of the other bundles. It does work to use the tabs in the menu within the community centre.

3. The Inventory Fall notification is not reliable as it used to be. It often doesn't appear when you try and pick up things with it full. It sometimes appears with no red X just an empty square.

4. In the night market there is a weird jitter in the coffee pouring animation, it goes white for a second.

This has been an awesome update and I appreciate all the time that went into which is why I want to do my part to make it the best it can be :)

• Munchma

Munchma Intergalactic Tourist

Single player, beta-only file, Returning from the desert, my horse has no name. Cute :) but weird to see " is wondering where you have been."

• Munchma

Munchma Intergalactic Tourist

Single player, beta-only file, no animation after completing last bundle of the Community Center, just "good bye" and then the junimos disappear and don't place the final star. After exiting & re-entering the building, the stars are all there.

• flanunu

flanunu Orbital Explorer

When I take my time reading the NPC dialogues they get annoyed standing for "too long" and leave. It really bothers me, especially when I try to answer their questions and they just walk away?
                                  I don't remember having this issue in the single player version.

Also, I'm not sure if this supposed to happen but I can always hear what my partner is doing in the cave, while I'm in a completely different location. I can hear the stairs being found, and the cave creatures, etc.

• skyshipsailing

skyshipsailing Intergalactic Tourist

Hello again. My friend (the host) has a problem with sound queues, they sometimes disable. could you help her?

• Slendermando

Slendermando Intergalactic Tourist

A bug that was already present in the first version : some things are just impossible to reach... like some fishing spots, or items in JotPK, when they are located on the spawning zone...
                                      Also the wrong sound is played when your horse walks on the forest bridges, it's amusing : instead of horse footsteps, you actually hear a water sound, as if the horse was swimming in the water ^_^

• Best Farmhand EU

Best Farmhand EU Space Hobo

maybe you should stop eating those shrooms buddy

• Bone Bone

Bone Bone Void-Bound Voyager

When playing multiplayer, the way to pause is by typing /pause when you are the host. If you are looking to unpause then you can just type /pause again.

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.