1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Stardew Valley Multiplayer Beta: Known Issues & Fixes

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katzeus, Apr 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. karthos1000

karthos1000 Void-Bound Voyager

I started a new game, and when I talked to the wizard to translate the golden scroll, then went back to the community center, only the foraging bundles scroll was there. I thought maybe it took a day, so I went home to rest and when I went back the next day, only the foraging bundles scroll was there.

Also (and less annoying, but worth a mention in case) when I'm moving when I look at the scroll, the running noise continues.

I'm running on a Mac if that matters, and using GOG. I've tried saving and reloading and quitting and reloading.

• tonydejavu

tonydejavu Void-Bound Voyager

We seem to be having issues selling items at all. Selling items to NPCs (Pierce or Willy) will crash the game instantly, and selling items to the shipping bin seems to crash the game at the end of the day. Not sure what's going on there, but we were able to make it to the next day after not selling anything.

Attached Files:

• Ronath

Ronath Void-Bound Voyager

The Pantry scroll appears after you complete the first bundle from the foraging scroll.

The running sound continues if you were running (did not come to a complete stop) while you selected the scroll. That is a bug and vaguely annoying.

• karthos1000

karthos1000 Void-Bound Voyager

Ah, okay. This is only my second time through and I'm suddenly remembering the first part, so thanks for setting me straight on that. (I can continue to play tonight!)

As for the running sound, yes, it's vaguely annoying but it's not too hard to avoid.

Thanks!

• alybunbun

alybunbun Poptop Tamer

Can't find this information anywhere but I'd appreciate if anyone who knew responded to this post. When upgrading the cabin to the nursery upgrade, my (farmhand) dresser moves to be in place of where the fireplace would normally be in singleplayer. Yet in the game file we cannot find the tag for the dresser anywhere in the code and all of my inventory items are shown under my player rather than in my house or in a dresser. Does anyone else have a dresser in the kitchen upon completing the second upgrade, or know a way to move it out, or is this a bug? Also, I can't upgrade to a cellar as a farmhand and the stairs shown in the screenshot the host captured are a result of editing the game file to force upgrade my cabin.
            [​IMG]

Dayshi90 likes this.
            • DeviMew

DeviMew Intergalactic Tourist

I have found an issue with the bundles menu in the inventory menu. As a player on someone else's farm, I am unable to see past the first available bundle set, the crafts room. I can open the bundles to see what is needed for each bundle in the crafts room set, but am unable to see progress and additional bundle sets. While in the Community Center, I can open the menu and see all available bundles and their state of completion. Exiting the Community Center returns the bundles menu to its previous "glitched" state.

• fiverx313

fiverx313 Intergalactic Tourist

i had a save file that was in its 13th year in game. i built a cabin on my farm for my husband but he was only able to play briefly before crashing, most times.

i started a new game today, and after i played it for a while i looked for my old game to load it, and the save file showed my avatar all screwed up, with the wrong clothes, and bald. it only showed starting time and starting gold, not everything i had done with it. and when i try to load it the game crashes.

i did save a back-up before downloading the beta, no worries there. :)

• soapturtle

soapturtle Void-Bound Voyager

Game crashing on save. We think the 2nd player/farmhand player's wife is birthing, but not sure. (I've not found a <daysUntilBirthing> in the file anywhere so maybe it's not that at all but guessing it's a possiblity since she was talking about babies the day before.)
                  We've reloaded the game 3 times now and same thing happens each time. Sale inventory rolls, says waiting on 1/2 players, and crash.
                  Year 2, Summer, Day 9
                  HipsterBeard is host, married to Emily. House has 2nd upgrade.
                  Cups is farmhand, married to Leah. House has 2nd upgrade.

Attached Files:

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

Issue: Furniture Stools have too many rotations.

Game Version: Beta v1.3.11
                    Build ID - 2778524
                    Savefile: Created in v1.2.33

Notes:
                    I made a slightly modded savefile for quick testing. I spawned in the Furniture Catalogue, and the furniture I'm referencing here.

Repeatability:
                    Yes, while working on an update for an old furniture mod. I just now realized that stools have too many rotations set in the data file.
                    I took a look at some old backup data, and it seems to be a very old bug. Older than the current Beta. As this also happens in v1.2.33 of the game.

These extra rotations cause them to take on the textures of the neighboring sprites, and even go invsible when they go offsheet looking for the next rotation sprite.
                    The stools need their rotations set from "4" to "1"; in the Furniture data file.

File Location:

"Content/Data/Furniture.xnb"

Broken Data:
                    Code:
                    "30": "Green Office Stool/chair/-1/-1/4/350",
                    "31": "Orange Office Stool/chair/-1/-1/4/350",
                    "94": "Green Stool/chair/-1/-1/4/350",
                    "95": "Blue Stool/chair/-1/-1/4/350",

Fixed Data:
                    Code:
                    "30": "Green Office Stool/chair/-1/-1/1/350",
                    "31": "Orange Office Stool/chair/-1/-1/1/350",
                    "94": "Green Stool/chair/-1/-1/1/350",
                    "95": "Blue Stool/chair/-1/-1/1/350",

Extra Note:

After fixing, and re-testing. Make sure to toss the stools in the farmhouse and player inventory in the trash; then use the furniture catalogue to spawn new ones.
                    As a furniture's rotation number limit is saved to the savefile. So, old stools will continue to rotate brokenly.
                    While new ones will show as fixed.

Attached Files:

• helynn

helynn Orbital Explorer

Hi, I'm back with more bugs in Stardew Valley (I'm loving the beta though)

1) Shane's Blue Chickens- I've always wanted a blue chicken and have 8 hearts with Shane and have seen all the cutscenes. I spent 4 days at Marnie's trying to get one, but it did not appear. There is a small thread on this on Reddit too.
                      2) Light when Mining- Whenever theres a bomb being placed, I can see the other player have this yellow "light" where it shows the bomb placement. The light goes away once the bomb has detonated.
                      3) Milking - When milking, if I have already milked a cow or the goat does not produce milk that day, the other player also receives the same message saying the animal does not have milk/ produce milk, even if the other player is no where near the barn.
                      4) Having a Child - I wanted to have a child but the other player was not able to click "accept," so I was stuck on the screen for "Waiting for Other Player." When the other player left, the game resumed normally but the message must not have gone through because it asked again in a few days if we wanted a child.
                      5) Naming a Child - When we named the child, the same thing happened as above ^^. However, the game saved and the baby was there the next day.
                      6) Super fast Slimes - Not sure if this is a bug, but with the Slime Hutch, the slimes move superrrr fast.

That's all! :)

• Vauderus

Vauderus Space Hobo

Found an issue with an inescapable position relating to riding a horse:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1391112939

Riding into this position resulted in dismounting trapping me in place, and the horse could not be moved in any direction either.

This is likely also related to an issue with horses' behaviour in multiplayer. Having a non-host riding a horse results in several buggy interactions, where the horse will continue following the players' movements on dismounting.

This also includes any situation where the player enters a building, where the horse will vanish from the game until the player exits the building again. At this point, the player will immediately be remounted on the horse.

If the player instead uses a method to instantly transition to another outdoors location, such as the minecart system or running through the sewers, the horse will stop existing until the player reenters the outdoor location where the horse was left behind. If instead the player leaves the horse there and the server undergoes a day transition, the horse will be returned to the farm and the player will immediately be riding it upon exiting their home in the morning.

For any time where the non-host is dismounted with the horse following them, the host continues to see the player riding the horse normally, while moving at a reduced speed.

As far as I can tell, dismounting the horse and having it follow the non-host player never occurs at the farm.

Ciphered Entity likes this.
                        • Waterproof_Bubbles

Waterproof_Bubbles Orbital Explorer

I have been playing Stardew Valley multiplayer with a friend, and have mentioned one bug already regarding a chicken in my coop. However, I'm here to report another issue, a crash, that seems to be occurring after purchasing, and placing, an auto-grabber from Marnie. There is also a crash for my farmhand when he opens up communication with Pierre when funds are above 100k. I will try to get him to post his error logs, but I'm just letting you know. Also, the chicken thing (just so you know and can check it out) is that there is a chicken who does not appear in my coop (or anywhere on my farm) but when trying to buy the last animal for that coop, it says it's full. Anyway, thank you very much.

Attached Files:

• Patsiecki

Patsiecki Big Damn Hero

I came to post a bug about coops / barns with disappearing animals but when buying says the building is full. Same as what Waterproof_Bubbles reported above me.

Shortly after upgrading our barn/coop, one of the users playing on my farm's client crashed when going into Marnie's. We think this may be a sign of the issue about to happen. We would buy some animals, then possibly the next day if not a couple days later some number of new animals go missing. The first time was 2 of 4 ducks and the second was one pig. The animals simply don't show up the next day but you can't buy anymore to replace them. I dove into my save file and saw the pets we bought didn't exist in the file at all. What I did notice was that the value <maxOccupants> was incorrectly set to the value of the building pre-upgrade. After fixing this we were able to buy the animals again.

I wonder if the crashed farmhand recorded a bad value pre-upgrade which took on my save after the day passed? just a theory.

• jadonsoccer

jadonsoccer Space Hobo

Me and my co-op partner have continuously encountered a problem. Every time we both have a glow ring equipped and are in the same area, it will only show one light ring. Mine normally disappears and my partner's will show, until they un-equip it or move to a different area. The same thing happens to my partner. Once in a while it will also happen when I am in the mines and they are at the farm. Also, when I had a normal glow ring equipped and they had a small one, I saw the large glow around them and my partner saw a small glow around me. I can further explain and provide screenshots if requested.

• ostentenacity

ostentenacity Void-Bound Voyager

At around 9pm on Sunday 21 of Fall, I found Abigail (10 hearts) in floor 20 of the mines with new dialogue (not sure if this is new to the beta or not, but I couldn't find information about it anywhere else online, and I'd never had it happen before.) Everything seemed fine except that she was walking in place-- not sure if she was supposed to be moving or standing still, but she had the walking animation while staying in the same tile for around half of an in-game hour, from when I got there to when I left.

OS: Mac 10.13.4, savefile created in game version 1.2

• MagmamooBlade

MagmamooBlade Space Hobo

Apparently everyone in a server is alerted when a goat or cow doesn't have milk.

• Staubkoernchen

Staubkoernchen Void-Bound Voyager

Freeze at the fishing game at the stardew valley fair. The game starts, you cannot move. Clicking your mouse button makes you swing the rod, but the meter which determines how far you throw is frozen and the whole game freezes/input doesn't do anything, the music continues.

Attached Files:

• MagmamooBlade

MagmamooBlade Space Hobo

Apparently, everyone in a server is alerted when a goat/cow doesn't have milk.

Attached Files:

• shadowkra1612

shadowkra1612 Void-Bound Voyager

Ok so I have 3 bugs to report. Also I'm in year 1, singleplayer, with absolutely no mods.
                                        • A huge one is that When I got into the fishing tent at the Fair the game freezes. I can press Esc to put the timer at 0, but I still can't move or do anything. It's happened twice now.
                                        • There is a lot of visual glitches with the horse. My character will look like its beside the horse while moving, or the horse will be stuck galloping vertically (can still move through tight horizontal places though), or the horse will be stuck in grazing mode while moving and it just slides along. You can fix the visual glitch by getting off and on the horse, but it happens a whole bunch.
                                        • Now I don't know if this last one is an actual bug or game change, but the rooster is crowing at the wrong time. Before, you would go to bed, look at your earnings, click to go to the next day, and the rooster would crow while the screen was still black, like it was waking you up from your sleep (same with that glomp noise the game makes when it's raining). Now, you do all that, but the rooster crows a few seconds after you can move around, so I'm already moving to leave the house and suddenly the rooster will crow. If it's a bug please fix because I find it annoying, if it's not a bug I'll just live with it haha
                                        1st pic is showing that I'm in the tent stuck
                                        2nd pic is showing that I was able to get the timer to 0 by pressing Esc, but I still can't move
                                        Screenshot (1).png Screenshot (2).png

• shadowkra1612

shadowkra1612 Void-Bound Voyager

You have to complete 1 part of the bundle to unlock other scrolls. For example if you completed the Spring foraging bundle you would unlock the Crops scroll and Fish scroll. Not all the scrolls appear at once.

I also have the running noise happen, but you can avoid it by not walking before clicking on the scroll :)

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.