1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Stardew Valley Multiplayer Beta: Known Issues & Fixes

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katzeus, Apr 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TasDingo

TasDingo Yeah, You!

Yeah, me and my friends had the same issue today multiple times.

• Majinique

Majinique Void-Bound Voyager

Hi my husband and I are experiencing the exact same thing the only way around it is I leave the game he sets it to single player to sell the goods. Then play out the day and save and only after that I can rejoin for Co-Op

• SuperGamerRob

SuperGamerRob Void-Bound Voyager

This bug occurs on a new file created in the beta as well, and the only circumstance that needs to be met is to enter the fishing game. In the current version, entering the fishing game AT ALL causes immediate freeze. Also, waking up already married after restarting your wedding day is actually normal as far as I am aware- it saves after the wedding, so you are loading after the wedding.

llamacalamity likes this.
        • petalilly

petalilly Space Hobo

If a player disconnects during the night transition after everyone goes to bed then the game locks up, but it saved also.

• MrSkammy

MrSkammy Space Hobo

Beta Version 1.13.11.88472 GOG

Host Version 1.13.11 Steam

Buildt a chicken coop next to co-op player house with two spacing on Spring 23 (day before flower dance) and game crashed during save at night 100% of the time. This was our first building on the save.

Host crash message, i was not the host:
            Code:
            Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
            InnerException:
            Stack Trace:    at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 1831
               at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
               at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
               at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
               at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
               at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
               at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
               at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
               at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
               at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
               at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
               at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
               at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
               at StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Program.cs:line 122

• koopertjes15

koopertjes15 Void-Bound Voyager

I cant upgrade the cabin to the 3rd house upgrade why is this?

• Radiantal

Radiantal Space Hobo

There is an extreme duplication glitch, that's the link to the video that explains it. It works, I tried it and we now have over 1 million within 1 day.

• Kilroy

Kilroy Void-Bound Voyager

On Spring Day 2 Year 2. Game crashes every night at bed. Had the same issue on Spring Day 1 Year 1 so went to sleep immediately to skip the day and just ended up with the same problem. On multiplayer

Attached Files:

• bjg0526

bjg0526 Intergalactic Tourist

I have also just recently encountered a crash when i sell items sometimes. Log below

Attached Files:

• bjg0526

bjg0526 Intergalactic Tourist

I have also just recently encountered a crash when i sell items sometimes. Log below

• Malou

Malou Space Hobo

I've encountered the gift reset bug too, but it only affects Shane. It's possible it might affect some of the other characters, I havent tested them all.

When I downloaded the new beta, I had Shane up to 10 hearts. I found out I'd missed out on some heart events for some reason, so I decided to get this amount of hearts down again by giving him stuff he hates, but I only managed to do that twice, as my ability to give him gifts hasn't reset yet, even though it's been more than two weeks in game time. I noticed that the gifts reset for other characters I'd given gifts to, so it's definitely Shane who's bugged out somehow.

Another minor thing I noticed is sound related, when I ride over planks of wood (the kinds that bridge gaps over water, like the one by the mine or the ones near Marnie and Leah) with the horse, it plays a water splash sound effect instead of wooden sound.

crookedspin likes this.
                        • dehns

dehns Void-Bound Voyager

Playing multiplayer host is mac, player PC. When opening the journal to interrupt passing out at 2am the host can successfully stop the pass out but the second player will stop the clock at 2 am, not pass out, but also not be able to go to bed. You can exhaust yourself to pass out from loss of energy, but it really glitches up the game.

I'm aware it's a cheat anyway, but wanted to give a heads up on the glitch.

• mandragoras

mandragoras Intergalactic Tourist

We were... probably the summer of year 2? We had quite a collection and were disappointed that we missed Krobus's birthday.

• Maniawar3

Maniawar3 Yeah, You!

Stardew Valley Fair's Fishing game is bugged, tried to move but im stuck, tried to throw the line but the charge bar appeared and stayed there, i cant even close the game.

• wolf-fang1313

wolf-fang1313 Intergalactic Tourist

Since the latest update it now crashes when we go to the shop and when we go to bed at night

• SadMage

SadMage Seal Broken

I'm noticing that a number of issues which have been reported multiple times aren't in the fixed list, nor are they in the list of known issues in the thread. I hope that is just an oversight. Two off the top of my head are the horse gliding around and following you off the farm for non-hosts, making it difficult to forage, or eat, or even open doors to go into buildings, and client/farmhands not being able to see all the rooms for community bundles and not even getting the one room they can see updated as the bundles there are completed.

• spacecaptainrodle

spacecaptainrodle Space Hobo

Hey guys! I found two issues so far while playing online with friends!
                                    1. The fridge deletes all items put into it in any cabins while playing online.
                                    2. I can not change the flooring in my cabin permanently. The cabin will allow me to change the floor design, but if you quit and get back on at a later time the kitchen tiles take over the flooring of the whole upgraded cabin.
                                    I look forward to these problems getting fixed soon and as always thank you for the amazing game!

• mongosnow

mongosnow Scruffy Nerf-Herder

There's a weird seemingly random crash I keep getting at the end of the day some days on multiplayer. Me and my friend tried experimenting to figure out why it crashes, but it doesn't seem like any specific crashes it- it just feel like a gamble whether or not it'll crash at the end of the day

Also the game crashes if we sell more than one stack of something to Pierre's shop, but it seems to happen more to the other player rather than to the host so I do not have the error log for it

Attached Files:

MtsMB likes this.
                                      • Cain05

Cain05 Yeah, You!

I'm in the fall season 1 with three other people, and the game constantly crashes when I either sell harvested items to Pierre, or at the end of the day. If I play the game in single player mode, everything works as expected. I've attached two crash logs. The first is from a crash at the end of the day, while the second is a crash when selling to Pierre. At this point, it looks like continuing to play is no longer possible as it always crashes.

I've also added the save files.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 19, 2018
                                        • seymorevenue

seymorevenue Intergalactic Tourist

Crashing in multiplayer with one other, haven't isolated the cause. It seems to be random, but error logs are similar.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.