1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Stardew Valley Multiplayer Beta: Known Issues & Fixes

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katzeus, Apr 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Koihime Nakamura

Koihime Nakamura Ketchup Robot

You can run the game directly for now or .. well, I bet an update would be out tonight.

• kittymeewow

kittymeewow Orbital Explorer

Alright thank you. I just changed the set launch options and the game works great now. Thank you!

• Odin216

Odin216 Space Hobo

Hi,

getting crashes in multiplayer we think is due to building the shed.

we're on Day 24 of winter year 1. We've tried doing the day without building the shed and made it through without the crash.

Attached Files:

• Koihime Nakamura

For those using SMAPI: It has updated to -beta.14. Please update to this version.

• MellyCat

MellyCat Void-Bound Voyager

Noticed the game freezing when I try to do the fishing game during the Stardew Valley Fair in fall. Doesn't freezer during the slingshot game but I was unable to move my character during it. Tried it a couple of times to make sure it wasn't just my computer freezing up but it happened consistently every time.

Attached Files:

MiruSigna likes this.
            • darkbrussel

darkbrussel Void-Bound Voyager

we are not able to move that wardrobe

Attached Files:

• vasto4lore

vasto4lore Void-Bound Voyager

1) Farmhand has many issues with the horse.If he is on foot the horse is always following him(blocks actions and movement also).When he enters the house/mines/etc the horse dissapears as it should , but when exiting the house/mines/etc he is on the horse even if he entered on foot.As host i see him ALWAYS on the horse even if he is not.If he leaves the horse anywhere but the stable and he sleeps. the other day when exiting the house he is on the horse(same problem as above).If he leaves the horse in the stable he exits the house on foot as he should(horse stays in stable).

2)We have 2 stables but there are many more horses on map(duplicates),they spawn/duplicate at random times(don't know when)And they stay there.As host i often see a horse moving without a rider making the moves the farmhand does(when he is somewhere else on map).
                3)Graphic glitch when you start moving with the horse when the horse animation is at the stage of eating from ground.Then , the horse moves and stays in that pose and looks like skiing.If you stop and start again the animation works as it should.

4)I don't know if hats are disappearing or i get a new horse every now and then(the spawn problem above).

5)
                )As host i reached lvl100 on cavern,saw qi and completed the quest.The farmhand went to 100lvl after me and nothing was there(the related quest is not resolved and still shows on journal)

6)Sometimes when i enter the farmhand's cabin the wallpaper and the floor changes.It doesn't change into random wallpapers/floors but into existing wallpapers/floors within the cabin.Kids bedroom wallpaper changes into bedroom wallpaper and vice versa.Bedroom floor into kitchen floor and so on(but always on existing wallpapers/floors, not random from the catalogue).

7)I had some chests,crab pots and some machines on pier next to willy's house.After the night market the crab pots were there but everything else that was there disappeared.

8)We can't get the polyculture achievement(we even tried the item spawner to be 100% sure).

9)Farmhand sees a tree as an oak tree but i see it as a mushroom tree.He chopped it and as it was falling it then the grapchic changed into the mushroom tree(i always saw it as mushroom tree).

10)After completing the community center the farmhand saw that building as half community half joja and couldn't enter cause the half joja part blocked the entrance.After some days it fixed itself but i think i should report this.

11)At 100lvl of the cavern if you click the wall it shows the elevator of the mines and if you click you teleport there(to the mine floor).Don't know if it is intended or not.

12)
                After i activate the first statue in witches cabin with a strange bun(flame on), if i leave and enter again the flame is off and it asks me again to put a strange bun(monsters spawn in farm though after first activation).

• Koihime Nakamura

It looks like you accidentally duplicated an error

But uh.. is there any way we can get the other reported bugs listed somewhere so people know they've been reported and are on the consideration list?

Also: thank you for separating out the fix log by version!

MiruSigna likes this.
                  • Gymjim

Gymjim Void-Bound Voyager

Had an issue in a 2 player game. BOTH PLAYERS have max zoom out in this game.
                    Minor but not entirely huge, but when 2 players are in the mine there is huge latency and desync of information on screen. Slimes and objects can be broken twice because of this.
                    i.e I'm attacking a slime friend tells me I'm attacking air because they've already killed said slime gain double drops. Same for dropping items in the mine itself during these moments those items will duplicate into both players inventories as the game struggles to figure out who picked it up.

Little bit more drastic issue that can be easily solved with a reconnect.
                    If host passes out while another user is on a load screen at 2AM the other player is able to interact with the world and change it as per normal while the clock is stuck at 2AM and the host waiting for 1/2 players to sleep. Upon leaving the game all things that happened at 2AM remain the next day. Not sure if energy or health restores for Player 2 we didn't ask at the time, but could allow for extended resource gathering/mine progression in a single day beyond what is normally capable.
                    The positions the players where in where
                    Host: 1st tile of home after walking through the door passed out.
                    Player 2: Loading into floor 25 of the mine at 2AM.

Edit: More stuff we found.
                    Fishing problem occured next to lewis' house. Player 2 walks up from the left coming out of the general store.
                    Host casts line on the right side of the river 2 tiles above the bridge next to Lewis house and appears at bottom right of screen in general direction of them casting their line. Line appears to have been stretching towards the river where the bobber was until player 2 comes into view of Host fixing the issue.

Player attempts to host game it appears in menu invite codes work,invite to game works,join game works.
                    PLayer 2 joins game and Hosts game instantly crashes upon character creation menu loading. While player 2s game does not crash and returns to menu.

Player action sounds are played over long distances. i.e Chopping wood or fishing

Furnace sometimes does not spit out bar and leaves an empty square above it making it have an X over the furnace while displaying the text "Inventory Full" or unbreakable. Upon placing a new ore inside the bar is dispensed and it functions as normal

Last edited: May 16, 2018
                    • DvDmanDT

DvDmanDT Tentacle Wrangler

These are my observations when playing coop with a single friend. I am host, he is client.

• The TV may report different recipes or weather for us.
                      • Crafting recipes appears to be capped by my (the host) level in the respective field. So for example, my friend has a rather high level in fishing, but can't craft Recycler etc because I'm only on level 1 or 2. On the other hand, I have level 10 farming and can access all farming craft recipes, while he can only access those of his level (4 or something).
                      • Since the game does not pause when he enters a cutscene, he was killed by a slime at some point when he was unable to move or do anything. It caused his game to crash and when he rejoined (he joined again the next ingame day) he was exhausted and could barely move. Players should probably be invulnerable during cutscenes.
                      • Those messages in the lower left (not the console, the one with a frame) shows up for all players or at least for clients when the host does something. So for example, when I accidentally tried to milk a chicken, my friend saw the message that it did not produce milk.
                      • Some sounds are played over long distances. For example, when I'm down in the mine, I can sometimes hear my friend scything grass on the farm.
                      • Some actions trigger weird sounds for other players. For example, when my friend tries to fish or something, sometimes I hear a really loud sound that sounds a bit like a mix between the sound the furnaces make and the ones the flying eels make when they spawn/starts to move. He's also said that he hears a strange sound when I'm milking cows, but I can't confirm if it's the same sound/issue.
                      • The dog is teleporting sometimes and both of us can fill up his water bowl each day.
                      With that said, I love the game and multiplayer is really fun, even though it's somewhat buggy, so keep up the good work!

• Mara22

Mara22 Intergalactic Tourist

After the most recent patch 1.3.11 when my friend playing as farmhand went to sell items (cheese etc.) to pierre for the first time her game crashed instantly. It also happened again every time after she connected back. At the end of the same day my (host) game crashed after going to sleep before saving. The next day game also crashed for the farmhand when using the shipping bin at the end of the day.

Attached Files:

• skyshipsailing

skyshipsailing Intergalactic Tourist

There is a Bug where if One player repairs the bridge at the beach, the bridge will still be unavailable to the other players. I can't repair it myself. Help

• parabolic paradise

parabolic paradise Subatomic Cosmonaut

Time to test the new version!

1. As expected, the grubs still become intangible while fleeing to become a cocoon, making them impossible to kill in this state. This occurs with both a Rusty Sword and a Steel Smallsword. The cocoon itself still does not display '0' damage indicators when attacking them, nor do they make the accompanying sound effect.

2. I have also noticed that the green slimes don't jump as far as they used to when attacking. Or at least it feels that way - I haven't tested that one quite as much as the grub issue.

3. Horses still turn invisible during screen transitions. Not a big deal, but wanted to verify that it's still a thing. :)

• skyshipsailing

skyshipsailing Intergalactic Tourist

There's a texture bug for the night market and night market items. they're either black squares or couch textures. I need help.

• TheRaven81

TheRaven81 Pangalactic Porcupine

It won't affect an existing save file, but if you start a new one then it is indeed fixed, and will be fine. Existing Saves would probably have to be manually repaired, but I personally don't know how to do that.

• Ciphered Entity

Ciphered Entity Void-Bound Voyager

Hi,

I'm playing with my friend. I have a Artisan perk and he does not. I sold a single bottle of pumpkin juice and at the end of day screen, it showed as being sold for 1008g for me but for 720g on his screen. While our gold was still synced after clicking OK I was unable to tell exactly how much gold we had made. I just didn't remember what we had before going to sleep. So it may just be a visual bug. I will try testing it and update my comment with more info as I get it.

Thanks, - Ciphered.

• Ciphered Entity

Ciphered Entity Void-Bound Voyager

Hello,

I'm playing with my friend. We were unable to move a coop in multiplayer unfortunately, so I played a day in single player move the coop and went to sleep around 6:00pm. When I returned to hosting the co-op server, the game showed that I had not given a gift to anybody that week despite the fact that I had given many gifts before playing the day in single player. Because of this bug I was able to give many people 4 gifts that week.

• il_buio

il_buio Void-Bound Voyager

Hello!

My wife and I are loving your game as multiplayer, but do experience issues from time to time.

Our most recent and game-breaking issue just happened twice in a row. We get a crash when going to bed on the night before the Festival of Ice (the 8th day of Winter). I'm not sure if it's the event that's causing the crash, or if it's because we built the barn during the day. We've never had a barn before, so we're building it for the first time. The only other things we've done on both attempts at this day were giving gifts to Emily and Caroline. Otherwise, it's just been regular old watering seeds and fishing for the both of us.

Attached the log files and saves for reference. Please let us know what you find! We love playing this game!

UPDATE:
                                      We have done a bit of troubleshooting and found that the issue is caused specifically when the guest player places the Barn. As the host, I can place the barn and we can sleep with no issues. If my wife places it before we sleep, however, Game Over.

This is strange because she placed the Silo back in Summer or something. Not sure on the time frame there. So it's not necessarily all buildings that would cause this issue. Just the Barn so far.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 17, 2018
                                      • Kataclys

Kataclys Poptop Tamer

Hey Ciph, I posted about this earlier. Both you and your host will see the sales according to your own buffs when selling items using shipping. Doing the math for us it turned out only the host's buffs apply to items sold using the container. if you have the artisan perk, sell your products at pierre's for the extra 40% sale price =] thats all i can do for you rn!

• NARRAT0R

NARRAT0R Big Damn Hero

I had an issue with the camping cutscene with Emily in single player. When I woke up, I did so in the trees outside of them map, unable to move. Hopefully, passing out at 2AM will get me out.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.