1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Stardew Valley Multiplayer Beta: Known Issues & Fixes

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katzeus, Apr 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mannyboyo

Mannyboyo Space Hobo

Not sure if stated already but game crashes during Emily 10 heart event. after attempting to rejoin the game greeted with the notification to wait for host to finish event.

• amw8639

amw8639 Void-Bound Voyager

Update: I can't place furniture in base game, either.

lucidpulse likes this.
      • DevonDoom

DevonDoom Void-Bound Voyager

Issues I know of:
        - Items that you put in the museum, their descriptions are never revealed to Farmhands. Even if they put it the museum themselves, or pickup and place down already donated items.
        - Happened only once, and have not yet tried to re-create it. But if a Farmhand moves around items in the museum that the host has placed, all the items will permanently disappear from the museum. Not sure when they disappear once getting moved by the Farmhand, but my guess is that it was the next day. (Host can move around items Farmhands have donated perfectly fine)

• meowsimming

meowsimming Orbital Explorer

i've had an issue where maru just stands near the cave.
          [​IMG]

• blouwho?

blouwho? Void-Bound Voyager

Farmhands are crashing on 2nd level of mines. Doesn't affect host.
            Running SMAPI mods.
            This has only been difficult for farmhands to stay connected for a couple days, it wasn't an issue the first week.

Also, trying to upload save file, but I get the error :The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension.
            I'm sure it is user error :/

Attached Files:

• Carmiella

Carmiella Space Hobo

My issue is that I can't connect to my friends' farms, and they can't connect to mine. I've tried having 2 different friends host, and I can see their games but when I join it just stays "connecting" and after a couple of minutes it says "failed to connect". I've tried hosting one myself but no one can see it or join it, and it doesn't give me the option to invite anyone (we're using Steam btw). Our internet connections are fine and all our servers say "Server mode" which means it's supposed to be online. I know I'm the one with the problem because my friends can join each other's farms, but I can't. I've tried disabling my firewall, updating my c++, disabling the beta and re-enabling it, nothing works. I've seen a lot of people are having this issue too. I hope you can fix this soon, I've been so excited to play the multiplayer! :)

• lucidpulse

lucidpulse Space Hobo

Frozen/stuck while fishing in multiplayer:

I had just cast my fishing rod when my game froze (see screencap). My friend was hosting and didn't experience any problems. I could not move, use tools, or access my inventory or any menus, but I could open chat and toggle "screencap mode". It seemed like it was only my player that was frozen, as there was a seagull in the background that continued walking around normally. Having the server host pause and then resume the game didn't do anything. Afterwards, my friend closed his server and I was disconnected, and my game went back to the main menu.

Game version: 1.3.10

20180513023503_1.jpg

• Koddy

Koddy Space Spelunker

Spouses don't recognize their husband/wife from other players and talk to other players as if they were their husband/wife and stand outside the host's door sometimes when they say they watered crops/fed animals.
                  It also seems their hearts are decaying (when the hearts are maximized) for other players when one of the players is married to the NPC.

• kittentamer

kittentamer Existential Complex

Did you set down an auto-grabber? We figured out that was causing my husband (the farmhand) to crash every night. haven't crashed since we picked it up. Also, the crash logs will be on his computer if he is the one who crashed.

• fafkajfkajfklqaf

fafkajfkajfklqaf Void-Bound Voyager

Reoccurring issue, whenever the host(me) walks into a different part of the map or walk in the building game freezes or crashes and friend gets kicked out. Sometimes it happens repeatedly, and others it wont even happen for the entire night.

• benigodstone

benigodstone Poptop Tamer

I encountered a bug where I can't go through the different community center pages as Player 2 in a game when I acces is through the menu (see below, the arrows top left/right dont work). All I see is the crafts room page which shows all 6 tasks incompleted even if already completed.

If I'm actually in the community center and acces this menu it works as intended. Just not if I'm anywhere else on the map.

SDV_CC_Bug.png

samigorrl likes this.
                        • LittleQueenLady

LittleQueenLady Void-Bound Voyager

I don't have anything in my "%APPDATA%\StardewValley\ErrorLogs"
                          but last night at the Fall festival my game froze when I tried to do the fishing mini game, no steam overlay either, my friend could fish perfectly though. Had to force quit the game.
                          Also, my flooring in my house (level two) dissapeared randomly one day to checkered flooring.
                          Last bug I've encountered is the resolution resetting every time I restart the game, not sure what it sets to as it says its on "1920x1080" but obviously isn't. When I do switch back to the correct resolution, my toolbar (not sure what to call it lol) is half cut off. Usually quitting to main menu and reloading save fixes it tho.
                          :up:<3
                          V.1.3.10

Attached Files:

• hibibun

hibibun Yeah, You!

turns out that the pickaxe i left with clint to upgrade just disappeared?? and since the pickaxe i was supposed to have gotten back didn't actually show up in my inventory i just have no pickaxe at all now.

• Tomei_Lean

Tomei_Lean Intergalactic Tourist

I don't know if it's a bug, but I can't move my barns and coops, the option isn't there I need to move my barns but actually it's impossible

• BeanbagCadillac

BeanbagCadillac Space Hobo

Hello, hi and so forth. I've encountered the following issues while playing multiplayer:

- Neither my or my friend's icon show up on the map when
                                either of us are in the Night Market. (I can honestly live with this, I just happened to notice.)

- The music from the Mines sometimes plays even for players who are
                                currently not dwelling down there. (This has happened only once though, but just saying.)

- I can't seem to kiss Penny anymore even though we are married and am up 12 hearts with her.

- The floors in both the host's and the farmhand's house get really messed up if
                                either of the player enters the other's home. All the floors in all the rooms of the house
                                become the black-and-white chessboard kitchen floor pattern.

- The game crashes for my friend (who is the host), if he opens the map screen, when I'm
                                in Shane's blue hen cutscene. (I don't know if it happens for other scenes as well, too scared to try...)

- Any items put in the farmhand's fridge seem to mysteriously disappear after some time.
                                This has happened twice now.

- If I empty the crab pots that my friend the host had originally laid down,
                                I "break" the pots for him - he can no longer use them or pick them up unless I remove
                                them from the water and put them in a chest where he can access them again.

Last edited: May 13, 2018
                                • l.vang

l.vang Master Chief

As a farmhand neither the museum donation or the community center donation is visible from the "E" tab until i go into the building myself.
                                  Also when I upgraded my cabin the floor looked normal, but when the farm owner walked in, the floor changed into what his own house looked like.
                                  Also when I upgraded my house, the tv fused into the stove, and some other items fused into the kitchen walls.

• l.vang

l.vang Master Chief

I can't move any buildings at all.

• HiokuOkami

HiokuOkami Space Hobo

We've upgraded a coop to Deluxe. Just the host of our server sees the incubator. The rest of us don't (but we see the building outside upgraded).
                                      Thank you!

• hp2theend

hp2theend Intergalactic Tourist

Just ran across a bug when moving things around in the museum, picked up a prehistoric tibia to move it with other bone artifacts and I can't put it down anywhere or exit the placement screen.

• Tayis991

Tayis991 Intergalactic Tourist

Hello, these are some things me and my roommates have encountered so far:
                                          • When I (the host) enter level 53 of the normal mines, 1 or both of my roommates will have a huge lag spike and occasionally disconnect. Sometimes happens on other floors that end in 3.
                                          • When a roommate rides my horse anywhere not on the farm, it will continue following them when they attempt to dismount. On my screen is shows them permanently mounted.
                                          • There is a visual glitch when I ride my horse for my roommates. On my screen I am normal looking, but on theirs the horse is gliding, and whatever tool I'm holding will appear above me in the action pose.
                                          • My roommates cabin wallpaper and floor tiles will reset and randomize overnight.

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.