1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Stardew Valley Multiplayer Beta: Known Issues & Fixes 2

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katzeus, Jun 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Can you add events to NetList too (similar to those NetDictionary has)? That'd be really helpful for SMAPI mods. Something like this:
    Code:
    public event ValueAddedEvent ValueAdded;
    public event ValueRemovedEvent ValueRemoved;

public delegate void ValueAddedEvent(T value);
    public delegate void ValueRemovedEvent(T value);

And then those events would be raised whenever a list item is added, removed, or replaced (e.g. via Add, CopyFrom, Clear, Insert, Remove, RemoveAt, and this[int index]).

• tccoxon

tccoxon Procedurally Generated Programmer

• Are you using mods?
      • Are you using keyboard and mouse, or a controller?
      • Could you please send me your save file or attach it to your reply?
      • What are both of your operating system versions?
      • At which stage does the disconnection happen, e.g. on the Co-Op menu, or while choosing a farmhand, or while in the game in your cabin?
      • Are you using mods?
      • Could you please send me your save file or attach it to your reply?
      I assume you need the events to fire when the NetList is changed by someone else on the network too? It's a little complicated because of how NetList works - in particular, it might behave strangely around null values in the list. But I'll see what I can do.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
      • Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

Update 1.3.25 is live. Here are the changes;
        • Experimental network usage optimizations
        • (Fixed) Infinite ingredient use exploit when cooking in the kitchen
        • (Fixed) NPC marriage dialogue appearing for non-spouse players
        • (Fixed) Lack of experience gained for harvesting crops with the scythe
        • (Fixed) Inability to cancel moving a building
        • (Fixed) Game occasionally locking up on a black screen at 2am

• blind3rdeye

blind3rdeye Big Damn Hero

Nice. Fixing old bugs like this is much more interesting to me than fixing newly introduced bugs. Both are good, obviously; but I think fixing old bugs shows care and dedication.

I personally hope that exploitable bugs with the diary get fixed as well. (ie. using the mouse to open the diary while fishing allows you to continue fishing while time is paused; and opening the diary while passing out after 2am allows you to stop passing out, and thus stay awake indefinitely.)

• jbrianj

jbrianj Void-Bound Voyager

What about spouses not correctly executing their marriage schedule? They always just stand in the farm...

• tccoxon

tccoxon Procedurally Generated Programmer

Please provide as much information as you can about this issue, and we will look into it.

• Carretto

Carretto Intergalactic Tourist

Hello, little bug here.
                I've opened the server as I always did but i'm stuck in the bed with the chat perennially opened showing only a "/". I tried to re-open the game twice or playing singleplayer but it's always the same, and there's no solution online from what I've searched.
                Help me please! :(

• txiv

txiv Space Spelunker

i recently played sdv multiplayer 2 people, i am farmhand. not sure it is version 24 or 25 because i played around the time 25 released.

bugs
                  1. i get joja mail every day. not sure if this actually deduct my money or not. also actually it feels unrealistic to still have joja staff found me at night because joja has been closed in this save file.

20180716190706_1.jpg

20180716192108_1.jpg

2. when the day ended, my friend(host) went to toilet so he afk for a few minutes. i press continue and wait at waiting-other-player prompt to continue the day. after some time, the prompt turned into chuckle fish opening, and then enter stardew valley home view, stucked there for a minute, and it went back again to chuckle fish in iteration every few minutes.. my friend can continue the game just fine, i have to close the game and reconnect.

20180716193442_1.jpg

20180716193358_1.jpg

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
                  • sacredbishop

sacredbishop Subatomic Cosmonaut

After the cutscene with maru (the one with the telescope), my farmhand experiment a bug. She couldn't see the tools or the clock, everything in the interface was gone. it she picked anything from her inventory (numbers 1 to 9) she didn't hold it with her hands (at least you couldn't see it) but if she use that item ( hoe for ex) it sounded and everuthing, but yo just couldn't see it.
                    next day didn't fixed it .

• Chezzik

Chezzik Seal Broken

According to the first post, 1.3.24 went live on July 10, and 1.3.25 went live today (July 15) for GOG.

On GOG, I see only one extra listed:

> Linux multiplayer beta (1.3.23) 506 MB

I've installed that and run it, and it says that I have a version mismatch when playing with my friend (Mac version from Steam). Is there any way that she and I can play together?

• Kadael

Kadael Void-Bound Voyager

My partner (who recently updated their save game to 1.3 from 1.2) tells me that when revisiting Level 10 in the mines, they can get a new pair of Leather Boots as many times as they want. They've never tried going down with the elevator; they work their way down from Level 5. This sounds like a bug to me (haven't played since 1.2) but they wonder if it might be intentional.

• Chezzik

Chezzik Seal Broken

Has anyone found a fix for this?

The GOG version for Linux is currently 1.3.23 and the Steam version is 1.3.25.

• Feathered Sparks

Feathered Sparks Big Damn Hero

This sounds like it's the same bug as one of the issues I mentioned earlier. Essentially, in my multiplayer game, the NPC spouse the farmhand is married to (Harvey in this case) never leaves the farm besides appearing in heart events, festivals etc. He'll still give his "I'll be going to the clinic today" dialogue, but never actually goes to the clinic. This appears to only be a problem in multiplayer, as my spouse in 1.3 singleplayer (Sam) still leaves the farm as normal, and it may or may not be farm-hand specific as I haven't yet gotten married on the multiplayer save and so can't confirm one way or the other whether my spouse on that save would ever leave the farm.

On a similar note, I have a feeling this one is either an oversight or a normal limitation of spouse schedules rather than a bug, but just in case: it seems NPC spouses who would normally attend one of the Night Market days don't go once they're married. This one applies to both singleplayer and multiplayer saves (my singleplayer save had Harvey appear but not the married Sam, and the multiplayer save had Sam but not the married Harvey), and it seems like it has to do with the unique way that festival schedule is handled.

Thank you for the dialogue fix (and all the other fixes, of course), by the way!

• Pongo Sapiens

Pongo Sapiens Void-Bound Voyager

Since 1.3.25 went live earlier today all farmhands are regularly being disconnected as a group. Prior to the update individual farm hands would get disconnected occasionally, but now it's all of them at the same time, and pretty frequently. Host and at least one of the farm hands are on fully updated windows 10.

• KAC

KAC Void-Bound Voyager

Also experiencing frequent spontaneous disconnect. We're playing cross platform over the Internet on Steam. I'm on Ubuntu 18.04, and she's on Mac OSX not sure what version.

We are experiencing it during play. We're wandering around the game world and the connection will spontaneously be lost. We both experiencing it as if the other player quit. Also, it was preceded by a connection failure on our first attempt to play together for the day. I am hosting. No mods. No save game edits.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Typo in Content\Data\Quests: "Find the the shadowy".

• Zimizebida

Zimizebida Void-Bound Voyager

Two bugs to report:

1) It took 6 or so tries to sell our pig! Each time one of us clicked "OK" we'd gain money -- and it was 300,000 gold the first click!!! -- and poof smoke would appear, but Mr. Pig did not depart.

2) When 2 players try to get on the same horse at the same time, one player succeeds, and the other player is glued to a clone of the horse, can't use tools, can't interact with signs etc., and can't get off the horse. Nothing we tried fixed this (tried changing screens, talking to NPCs, and receiving a gift), and we had to restart the day to fix it both times.

• fjf

fjf Yeah, You!

A small thing that might be intended:

Spamclicking on a gate to quickly open and close it breaks the gate if you are standing in it.
                                      This is easily reproducable.

• sarsaru

sarsaru Space Hobo

Hello, I have been playing for 117 hours, sometimes in co-op mode as well.
                                        All of a sudden, the co-op option stopped showing up in the title screen and my saved game only shows the character name and no info on the time, the character icon also appears with no hair or pants. Whenever I click on the saved game, the entire game crashes.
                                        I would really appreciate if could help me out fix this problem. I already tried going through all the steps suggested in the Missing/Corrupt Save Files section and nothing worked.
                                        I tried to upload the file in here, but the following message appears: the upload file does not have an allowed extension..

• sacredbishop

sacredbishop Subatomic Cosmonaut

If you are on steam, have you tried to see if you are still on the beta? the same way you did the first time, with the jumpingjunimos password. it happened to me a while ago, fortunately, I didn't lose my saves.

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.