1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Stardew Valley Multiplayer Beta: Known Issues & Fixes 2

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katzeus, Jun 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blorp

Blorp Big Damn Hero

I've uploaded fixed files for Marnie's carrot event crashing, here.

Farmer Skye likes this.
    • margotbean

margotbean Existential Complex

The Dwarf is still unable to give the neutral response to gifts.

At the end of NPC::receiveGift, where the neutral reaction takes place, all NPCs other than Dwarf are coded to give the neutral response based on the string in NPCGiftTastes.xnb. The dwarf is coded to give the neutral response.

This is the way ILSpy decodes the very end of the function:
      Code:
      if (base.Name.Contains("Dwarf"))
      {
           if (showResponse)
           {
                Game1.drawDialogue(this, giver.canUnderstandDwarves ? reactions[2] : Dialogue.convertToDwarvish(reactions[2]));
           }
      }
      else if (showResponse)
      {
          Game1.drawDialogue(this, split[8]);
      }
      So, basically, reactions[2] is not equal to split[8].

Replicate the problem by giving the Dwarf a clam (a universally neutral gift), solar essence, or void essence, and see the dislike response.

• MediaKlepto

MediaKlepto Space Hobo

First post, hoping to help work out some of the kinks in the beta!

Our Stardew Valley Fair is crashing pretty constantly in our multiplayer game. The first time it was my husband (IRL, not yet in-game, who was sitting next to me and playing his own copy via Steam) who crashed, as I (the host) was in the slingshot game and he was spinning the green/orange wheel. He was hit with a "Stardew Valley is not responding and needs to close" error after 5 or 6 spins of the wheel.

The second crash was nearly identical, except this time I was in the fishing game and he only spun the wheel maybe 2 times before he received the same kind of crash and force-to-desktop. I can confirm via this attempt however that there seems to be absolutely nothing but trash in the fishing tent!

The third crash however was on my end, still as the host. He spent a good few minutes betting at the wheel with me standing perfectly still beside him, then went to play the slingshot game himself. I held perfectly still until he took his first steps out of the game after finishing, and then I immediately received the same kind of crash after taking a single step.

I don't have the error logs from his game but I'll have him drop by with them a bit later after he gets off work, and mine is attached! I may load up the game in singleplayer shortly and play through the day to see if I can make progress alone.

Attached Files:

• Rufimeru

Rufimeru Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I have the same issue as well its cause of SMAPI but I cant play without my mods, did you find out how to fix it? :,(

• kaguya_yoru

kaguya_yoru Void-Bound Voyager

I'm in Spring Year 2 of a single-player game in v 1.3.21. When I spoke to Penny, she said the dialogue about Pam getting her bus driver job back but I haven't fixed the bus yet via the Joja Community Development Form.

• RukieKai

RukieKai Void-Bound Voyager

Thursday 25 Summer Year 1, achieved 2 hearts with marnie and entered her room to get the mayor's underwear. Stood to the right of it and upon picking up the underwear it flipped itself over, imagine over the y axis, and remained on the floor while one underwear was in my inventory. Picked up the second pair which turned into the Tuna sprite, and remains as two pairs of the mayor's underwear in my inventory. I was not playing with any other players, but I am opted into the beta, so I wasn't sure if this was something to report here or not.

• Just Again

Just Again Space Hobo

item got duplicated if multiple player run and get it at the same time

how to replicate:

1. drop the item then get away before the item got picked again
                2. get multiple player at equal distance to the item
                3. run toward the Item and try to get it at the same time
                4. all the player will get the item if they manage to get it at roughly the same time

this bug work on most item (i haven't tried to actually try to see which item that can't be duplicated)
                so far, all the item i've tried can be duplicated

Andunelen likes this.
                • loopuleasa

loopuleasa Space Hobo

Hi,

Connectivity wise, me and my girlfriend can't connect at all and we've tried everything.

- We are using work computers, can't change Firewalls
                  - We are on a wifi connection, can't ping each other
                  - We can see only "LAN" when we go to co-op
                  - We tried Hamachi, but because we cannot change firewall it doesn't work

Any simple option to get it started? Please...

We bought the game just for multiplayer, and we only played singleplayer and I'm sad.

Normal steam games work.

When will the "Join steam game" option be available?

Thank you very much.

• BannSidhe

BannSidhe Void-Bound Voyager

Community Bundles reporting is not working as intended, items show as not there to some, there to others. Sometimes bundles show as completed!

-Playing on 1.3.21 and issue still persists, we've had it since we started farming 1 week ago.
                    -Wife is on lan with me. Other friends who join are via Steam and report seeing same issues
                    -All of us donate to community center as we can
                    -All of us see different results, including me the host

Our pantry bundle (for greenhouse) shows that it's complete. We had 2 items left. Linen and wool. One of the farmhands got linen from the recycler. Put it in, I went to check, and the pantry shows as completed. No animations for the completion, but community center shows as the room is done.
                    We've not gone to sleep again to see if the greenhouse builds.

Edit: Instead of checking via ESC menu for community center, this time I ran to it myself...it is in fact giving us the completion animation if we check that way. It should not be complete obviously, as we're missing the wool (It'll be a few days) and the person who last turned in didn't get the animation, just the finish to the bundle that required the linen and gave the keg.

I'll note that I did mod the game, as you'll see if you look at the save. We have 6 players total. This bug was occurring before the mod though, and I have saves from that as well if you'd like to see them.

Attached Files:

• Chronogeran

Chronogeran Space Hobo

Pretty sure I ran into the same crash 3 times in a row. It was always when one of us (twice the host, once the farmhand) was trying to play the spinning wheel game at the fair.
                      I've attached my log and save file; we decided to skip trying to gamble and are now past the day of the fair. We'll have to get those Stardrops next year. :(

Also, we've run into an issue pretty often, but not every time, where the farmhand's game will freeze for a second or two when the host descends a level in the mines.

Attached Files:

• pAlvor

pAlvor Void-Bound Voyager

Hi, i dont know why, but i dont have a button "Enter the Invite code" in the co-op menu and in game menu i can't switch to the "Friend Only" or "Invite only", only "Online" and "Offline". I bought a game yesterday, before playing only on pirates. With the Internet, everything is fine, I've tried everything, even swapped the wire and wireless connection. I just can not understand what the problem is. Sorry, if text have some mistakes, English is a foreign language for me.

Thanks in advance.
                        1.png
                        2.png

• darkbrussel

darkbrussel Void-Bound Voyager

The game stutters from time to time, skipping frames

• MediaKlepto

MediaKlepto Space Hobo

I was completely perplexed when my game crashed as the host when I simply took a step after the farmhand's minigame finished. At first I thought it was the wheel itself (gambling is bad and all but geez, haha), but after our crash when only one of us was even "active" I was able to play the day in singleplayer while gambling at the wheel with no trouble.

Sadly this means my husband misses his stardrop for the year, but at least I bought him his fedora. :p I'll have him swing in with his crashlogs today since he was late from work last night.

Related to the other part of Chronogeran's reply; I also experience brief hangups when someone descends in the mines, whether I'm guesting or housing.

• loopuleasa

loopuleasa Space Hobo

Have the same issue here.
                              Tried installing the vcredist, doesn't work.

• BMO

BMO Space Hobo

My friend and I are trying the beta version and we found out that we could copy and paste the item that we placed by just clicking and spaming the mouse...

Attached Files:

• MediaKlepto

MediaKlepto Space Hobo

Finally got around to getting my husband's crash logs off his computer. These are both from the crashes I mentioned before during the Stardew Valley Fair in year 1. Both occurred as he (the farmhand) was betting at the wheel while I (the host) was playing the other minigames; once the slingshot game and once the fishing tent.

Attached Files:

• PollyG

PollyG Big Damn Hero

Stardew Valley Fair: "I can confirm that there seems to be... nothing but trash in the fishing tent"

In single-player mode (as opposed to MediaKlepto's multiplayer mode), I also discovered that some joker filled my fishing tent with trash.

• bulmabriefs144

bulmabriefs144 Void-Bound Voyager

My character has insomnia (can't sleep) every night. They wake up at some weird hour, and you have to go downstairs to advance the game.

For the record, I don't have any SMAPI stuff, but I do have Farmhouse Basement Mod, Fixed Railroad Summit, and Expanded Woods.

It's part of the expanded map and/or the fact that it's an old (pre-1.3) save. I made a clean one, and it went to sleep just fine.

Also, Stardew Valley seems to make two opens at once, one slightly after the other. Tab-Alt switches between them. This is kinda a source of lag.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
                                      • RukieKai

RukieKai Void-Bound Voyager

I don't know how to attach a crash log, so sorry if this isn't helpful, but I received the quest from Marnie to get a cave carrot for her goats. After about ten seconds into the cutscene when you go to give it to her the game freezes and then closes. There is no other window that pops up to indicate the error. I was playing single player but am opted into the beta. Year 1 in fall.

Windy4sun likes this.
                                        • kaguya_yoru

kaguya_yoru Void-Bound Voyager

I'm in Year 2 of a single-player game in beta. After the cut-scene between Maru and Harvey about the broken sample, Maru appears at the clinic counter in her regular clothes. When I talk to her, her picture in the dialogue box shows her in the clinic outfit.

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.