1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Stardew Valley Multiplayer Beta: Known Issues & Fixes 2

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katzeus, Jun 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordZekova

LordZekova Void-Bound Voyager

For what it's worth it's only visually. They're still there and can be picked back up.

• generalfirefox

generalfirefox Tentacle Wrangler

Since upgrading to .20, the farmhand I'm playing with has had two occasions on a single in-game day where the loading screen that appeared when they moved to a different area stayed for 1-3 minutes before finishing loading. As the host, I had no such problems and the game continued normally for me. I know that one of the long loading times happened at night while I was at the farm and the farmhand was trying to enter the bus stop area from the town area. We've been playing for a few months and this is the first time we've had this happen, so I thought I'd share in case anyone else has noticed something similar since upgrading.

• sayirof

sayirof Lucky Number 13

Beta Multiplayer > Joja option > another player and I were doing the witches hut quest line (not at the exact same time, but near each other). The other player gave the void mayonnaise to the goblin (I don't remember if it was before or after that particular quest appeared on my log, but it was close to around the same time) and now I have the Goblin Problem quest still, but the goblin is gone from the walkway (so I can't give him mayonnaise to make the quest disappear).

I was still able to give the ink to the Wizard, but I dislike the extra goblin quest in my log.

Edit: And it appears that only the host of the server can access the junimo hut's contents

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
          Andunelen likes this.
        • Izuriel

Izuriel Intergalactic Tourist

So this thing started.
          Every time I startup the game, I'm in this crazy ass resolution that is wayyyy too high. I've never set my res this high before so idk what's happened. 3840 x 2160
          I play fullscreen and have never had this problem once I've set my defaults.
          Also, the view is kind of nice, but I have to use the full extent of my 18" x 18" mousepad to move my furniture, so it's a little exciting.
          Not really a screenshot to show, but it's defaulting to that size and makes the view ENORMOUS!

That's all. :D

• majjaqui

majjaqui Void-Bound Voyager

2 issues I just noticed today:

the game suddenly is letting me give more than 2 gifts to a character in one week (I'm in spring, year 4, week 2).
            in the skull cavern there are random squares of cavern floor outside the actual cavern in the black area

• SynthEclipse

SynthEclipse Void-Bound Voyager

Not sure if this issue has been covered already, so apologies beforehand. My friend and I were in multiplayer, and I came across this issue. The section for Pelican Town is in Spring even though the season is Winter (and snowing). From what I saw it's just the graphics. There are still winter foraging items that can be gathered in town. I checked with my friend (who is host) and he didn't have the issue.

Let me know if there is anything that can be done.

Cheers! :)

Attached Files:

• DatHolyDoughnut

DatHolyDoughnut Intergalactic Tourist

I haven't opened stardew valley in around two weeks and my new and previous saves now show as this. I haven't loaded them for I don't want them corrupted.

Attached Files:

• Mizzion

Mizzion Phantasmal Quasar

You've been knocked out of beta, All you have to do is go back to the beta section, opt back in, then verify your files. It should activate those characters again.

• Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

Update 1.3.21 is live
                    • (Fixed) Animal sounds playing outside of map
                    • (Fixed) Player icons overlapping on the map page
                    • (Fixed) Fishing rod casting temp sprites during the fall mini game
                    • (Fixed) Unsynced exhausted state and passing out
                    • (Fixed) Remote characters not blinking
                    • (Fixed) Grubs invincible to host while retreating
                    • (Fixed) Floating lamp sprite in mines
                    • (Fixed) Secret notes fished up spawning without a note number
                    • (Fixed) Beer sprite overlapped by counter in Clint 3 heart event
                    • (Fixed) Secret note #4 description fix

parabolic paradise likes this.
                    • LakeQueen

LakeQueen Void-Bound Voyager

And not only that, but the Jukebox in Stardrop Salloon looks broken and can only ever play the Load Game theme.

yamina-chan likes this.
                      • faithstark11

faithstark11 Yeah, You!

All these updates and fixes have been great! I've noticing something, its not really important, but my toddler stands in a single place for the whole day and doesn't go to sleep. When the next day comes, she is in another spot but does not move either. Also sometimes she just.. disappears for a whole day. One time I found her INSIDE a nightstand that I have in my bedroom.

• Amandycat

Amandycat Tentacle Wrangler

Sorry if this has already been posted. I am a farmhand player, and when I am in the skull cavern, pretty much everything gets broken with a sword if I am attacking a hostile mob. When swinging my sword at a host of slimes, for example, I have noticed that any rocks/ore deposits around me disappear (without dropping any items). I am also able to attack the armoured bugs, and get bug meat from them.

gchristopher likes this.
                          • anachalom

anachalom Space Hobo

Hello, me and my friends are having a sound bug. When we are in the caves, both of us, and we kill a cave fly the other one still hear the constant sound of it. It happens for the host and the other.
                            The only way to stop it is changing the mine level.
                            I dont know how it works with other fling monsters in the mine.

• angryelle

angryelle Scruffy Nerf-Herder

We haven't seen this with rocks/ore, but I believe that this happened with one of the rare chests in the skull cavern. My friend opened it and got what was inside but then started attacking a slime, and the chest disappeared for me. My friends can also kill the armoured bugs.

• NerdyLlama

NerdyLlama Lucky Number 13

I'm getting a freeze in the Marnie's 3-heart cutscene where she requests a cave carrot. My character turns to place the item on the floor, a thunk sound plays, then nothing happens. No cave carrot appears and SMAPI starts spewing exceptions. Here's logs up until the first exception. The exception repeats indefinitely until the game is closed.

Code:
                                [12:22:52 TRACE game] Galaxy auth success
                                [12:22:52 TRACE game] Galaxy signed in
                                [12:22:52 TRACE game] Galaxy logged on
                                [12:22:58 TRACE game] gameMode was 'titleScreenGameMode (0)', set to 'loadingMode (6)'.
                                [12:22:58 TRACE SMAPI] Running game loader...
                                [12:22:58 TRACE game] getLoadEnumerator('Merkits_185815630')
                                [12:23:02 TRACE game] gameMode was 'loadingMode (6)', set to 'playingGameMode (3)'.
                                [12:23:02 TRACE SMAPI] Game loader OK.
                                [12:23:02 TRACE SMAPI] Context: loaded saved game 'Merkits_185815630', starting fall 19 Y1. Single-player.
                                [12:23:11 TRACE game] Warping to Farm
                                [12:23:21 TRACE game] Warping to Farm
                                [12:25:03 TRACE game] Warping to Barnb3886387-68fa-422f-966f-a436abfa3c45
                                [12:25:20 TRACE game] Warping to Farm
                                [12:33:18 TRACE game] Warping to FarmCave
                                [12:33:23 TRACE game] Warping to Farm
                                [12:33:26 TRACE LookupAnything] Received a lookup request... searching the world...
                                [12:33:26 TRACE LookupAnything] Showing FruitTreeSubject::Fruit tree::Cherry Tree.
                                [12:33:42 TRACE game] Warping to BusStop
                                [12:33:56 TRACE game] Warping to Mine
                                [12:34:00 TRACE game] Warping to UndergroundMine50
                                [12:34:04 TRACE game] Warping to UndergroundMine51
                                [12:34:07 TRACE game] Warping to Mine
                                [12:34:11 TRACE game] Warping to BusStop
                                [12:34:19 TRACE game] Warping to Farm
                                [12:34:33 TRACE game] Warping to Forest
                                [12:34:45 TRACE game] Warping to AnimalShop
                                [12:34:56 ERROR SMAPI] An error occured in the base update loop: System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
                                   at System.Number.ParseSingle(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt)
                                   at System.Convert.ToSingle(String value)
                                   at StardewValley.Event.checkForNextCommand(GameLocation location, GameTime time) in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Event.cs:line 1184
                                   at StardewValley.Event.checkForNextCommand(GameLocation location, GameTime time) in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Event.cs:line 787
                                   at StardewValley.GameLocation.UpdateWhenCurrentLocation(GameTime time) in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\GameLocation.cs:line 1836
                                   at StardewValley.Game1.UpdateLocations(GameTime time) in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 3488
                                   at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 2337
                                   at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SGame.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\SGame.cs:line 665
                                I'm not 100% sure if this is a SMAPI issue or a Stardew issue. The root of the stack trace is in SMAPI, but it's the Stardew Event module that triggers the exception.
                                This is running on the latest release of Stardew Valley 1.3.21.

• Koihime Nakamura

Koihime Nakamura Ketchup Robot

Just as a note, the animal overflow issue and constant winter drain are still there.

• SSJ2SonGohan

SSJ2SonGohan Intergalactic Tourist

I don't know if this was already mentioned, but instantly hitting with a sword after eating food will cause the character to not regain Energy/hp (though it will still consume the item).

• Goldenglade

Goldenglade Intergalactic Tourist

Year 2: KEnt not visible during the east egg hunt for non-host players

Krobus on fridays if you close the shop and re-open it you can purchase multiple Iridium sprinklers. (repeatable until broke)

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

The cave carrot quest crash is due to this command:
                                        [​IMG]

Specifically, the new 1.3.21 code in Event.cs tries to parse the fourth argument (true) as a number:
                                        Code:
                                        if (split.Length > 4)
                                            num = Convert.ToSingle(split[4]);

• lewispgj

lewispgj Void-Bound Voyager

Hello, my wife and I each play on separate PCs on the same network and have two married friends who also play on separate PCs on their own network, across the country.

For some reason, our friend's wife regularly gets "stuck" in Skull Cave shafts. The rest of us are able to jump in & descend, but her computer just hangs out at a black screen, indefinitely. Sometimes she will pop out, but other times she is stuck for the duration of the day, effectively making shaft-jumping too risky for her.

It seems like she may be triggered to pop out when one of us descends to a new/certain level. It has been too unpredictable to determine a pattern, though. The issues does not affect any of the rest of us, but affects her 100% of the time, sooner or later, during Skull Cave runs when she uses shafts.

Could it have something to do with them being on the same IP address? Let me know if there is anything we can investigate for you!

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.