1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Stardew Valley Mobile: Known Issues and Fixes

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katzeus, Oct 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pollock20

Pollock20 Space Hobo

Omg that worked!! I didn’t know what that was for. Thank you so much!!! Now I have a new problem.. my player just spins when I interact with animals!! Wtf

• namato13

namato13 Space Hobo

Same issue here On ipad2018
      - Crash when fishing hit fish! if got trash, not crash.
      - greenbox when i taping on screen not the right position.

Long term for fix this:
      - I think u have problem with algorithm fishing. (Maybe infinite loop or random number function for random fish)
      - Add grid calibration option for user (So user can calibrate grid of tab movement on every device)

Please fix it soon, I love your game so much, I addicted it.
      But this issue is so big, I can't play it without annoy.

Please fix, From stardew addictor. Love yall @ConcernedApe

• Davidovich

Davidovich Void-Bound Voyager

No problem! Happy you figured it out. As far as the other issue, we’re all in the same boat awaiting a new patch from the developer. It’ll be fixed and we’ll all be back in our farms soon. Hang tight :)

Pollock20 likes this.
        • patdski

patdski Poptop Tamer

This is my first experience with the devs of this app, and I have to say it’s not a positive one. A solid day with a game-breaking update and nary a peep. You’d think they’d have someone out there watching for bugs after they roll out a hot fix. Very disappointed.

g0ldenarr0w and Davidovich like this.
          • Jrowe0311

Jrowe0311 Space Hobo

It would be nice to at least hear that they know about the problem and are working on it just some acknowledgement is all.

LilyBurns, porgie and g0ldenarr0w like this.
            • patdski

patdski Poptop Tamer

Agreed. Especially since this forum (and App Store comments) are overflowing with reports of the same issues.

porgie and g0ldenarr0w like this.
              • XeNaFe

XeNaFe Intergalactic Tourist

My game crashes. When I fish and I get the “Hit!” sign the game closes. When I open the game again it mentions the “most recent save”. Last time I fished successfully was at the Night Market in the submarine. It seems like anywhere else it crashes. I also noticed that the tap anywhere to move is slightly off. The green highlighter on the space is about 50% shifted to the right, I also noticed some characters are out of place. Shane was working, but he was doing a series of actions like drinking, filming, and the scared/startled and Lewis is stuck in the wall in the mornings.

• Knakriktsur

Knakriktsur Subatomic Cosmonaut

On a second thought, with perfect hit animation at top and option with horizontal toolbar at the bottom it might be perfect size.

• jamescodesthings

jamescodesthings Void-Bound Voyager

New issue on iOS @ version 1.13 released today:

When touch controls are enabled. The touch point that comes up is no longer aligned with the square that was tapped. It’s down and to the right by about half a block.

I’ve also noticed issues now talking to villagers; the player has trouble getting to the right place standing next to them to talk.

In the image uploaded: I’ve tapped on the doorway, the green marker comes up out of place, the player walks through the doorway fine.

Device is iPhone X, iOS 12.1.

Attached Files:

• AndreH12

AndreH12 Space Hobo

After the new update on iPhone I can’t plant seeds

• Beena

Beena Space Hobo

Same issues with fishing crashing the game and the spaz dance when talking to folk in the village. My life is so boring without this awesome game. I hope you guys can give us all some kind of acknowledgment that you’re working on a fix. I miss my farm.

Skinflint likes this.
                        • lowth01

lowth01 Void-Bound Voyager

Has Stardew Valley been pulled from the UK Apple App Store? I can’t see it on there at all since this morning

• Taslow

Taslow Intergalactic Tourist

SV is no longer available in the german store, hope dies last ...

• Claire1285

Claire1285 Space Hobo

I think so, I’ve been repeated refreshing waiting for an update and it just disappeared 5 minutes ago

lowth01 likes this.
                              • Aizu02

Aizu02 Seal Broken

It just disappeard from my appstore as well. SEA Region.

• Skinflint

Skinflint Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Confirmed North America: searching the App Store for "Stardew Valley" does not list the game.

• Beena

Beena Space Hobo

No longer available in Australia.

• MagOz31

MagOz31 Space Hobo

Playing Stardew Valley on iPad, (iOS version 12.1.1). This morning trying to fishing and app crashes back to load screen every time the fishing mini game starts. Go to App Store to post a message and nothing then told the App is no longer available for my region which is North America. This was an app we had to purchase to play so I am sure hoping that it has just been taken down to fix the bugs....

• porgie

porgie Poptop Tamer

Chucklefish on Twitter have been responding to people in the last hour saying ‘a fix is in the works and should be available to update soon’. Fingers crossed...

• Pasteur

Pasteur Master Chief

Good to hear that they're working on a fix.

On a side-note, I honestly think you guys are putting too much pressure on the devs. We know SV is very well supported game that is led by a fantastic group of passionate developers. As a result, we tend to demand more from them. For example, players wanted MFI support, virtual joystick, auto-save and other features from the get-go, and when these features were released, they pretty much were released in an incomplete state.

The same applies to bug fixes. This community expects bugs to be fixed straight away. But this high expectation has backfired hard, because for every bug that is fixed in a hot-fix, a new bug appears.

To the devs, take your time. No matter how long it takes, test each patch to ensure everything is working smoothly. There is no need to rush - we all just want a playable game. I don't mind waiting a year for iCloud support if it means it working flawlessly. Thank you for all your hard work, and more importantly, thank you for porting this amazing game to mobile.

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.