1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Stardew Valley: Lost Child

Discussion in 'Support' started by Vince Valentine, Mar 14, 2016.

1. ShadowFoxOXO

ShadowFoxOXO Void-Bound Voyager

I'm also having the same problem, had my baby & went to name it but when I hit "Ok" the game crashed & there's been no baby. The day I was supposed to give birth (after reloading the game & playing the day before over again), Sebastian told me I was pregnant & then nothing. I bought him a new bouquet hoping that maybe that would solve the issue in waiting for another opportunity but thus far, nada. Hopefully they do fix this problem soon. x.x

Update: Sebastian asked me again to have a baby & 14 days later it happened without any problems. Guess it pays to be patient! Still don't know if the first one I didn't end up having counts towards the child count or not. I'll update again if I have another one! ^.^

Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
    • Miss Unholy

Miss Unholy Void-Bound Voyager

I had the same problem right now... I came back from the mines and didn't arrive my bed in time, then i was able to name my baby but it "crashed" ... and no baby on the next day -.-'' I hope it will solve itself soon...

• Stone Cold Jane Austen

Stone Cold Jane Austen Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Sorry, turns out my encounter was due to a mod, most likely Chest Renamer. Mods removed and the problem does not occur.

• Luminaria

Luminaria Space Hobo

Same problem as well. Tried to scramble back home from the mines and passed out after 2 am, was told I had a baby girl and to name her, was about to do so but (maybe I clicked a wrong button or something) was forced to skip to the next day. No child. D; Currently trying to edit a copy of the save file to force another birth for the next day because I'm so impatient. xD

• theangelatte

theangelatte Space Hobo

After arcosanti's post, I played a bit longer (that glitch upset me, so I stopped the binge playing for a bit ^^") and I can confirm it's not a permanent glitch. Had to go through the "pregnant" process again, but was able to name and have the second child

• Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

Events like this which are done on the day you are expecting a baby kinda messes up the whole process.

So you don't want a festival, no bundle completion, no rank up, no nothing. If you do it forgets about the pregnancy entirely and you need to try your luck again trying to make a baby with your spouse.

• renessie

renessie Intergalactic Tourist

Had a similar problem. Sebastian asked if I wanted to have a baby, I said yes, and he repeatedly mentioned that I was pregnant, but then a witch arrived the night I was expecting the baby, and I never received any option to name the baby. Sebastian has since stopped mentioning that I am/was pregnant, and no baby was born. Lost motivation to continue playing until this can be fixed...

• KuNaan314

KuNaan314 Void-Bound Voyager

For those who are looking for a file with a pregnant wife with first child, here it is. My spouse is Penny.

From what I've seen, I've come up with a hypothesis concerning pregnancy: Each character (and possibly character type). has their own section in the save file, with their own values for having a child (there are 83 instances overall in my file of <daysuntilbirthing>#</daysuntilbirthing>). This means that if you want your wife/spouse to give birth/have child soon, you have to track down his/her part in the save and change that value.

The easiest way I found to do that is to start the birthing process, wait until they ask you if you want a child, then let the file save. Afterwards close out the game and open up the save file, and search '<daysuntilbirthing>1'. That way you can catch the value <daysuntilbirthing>14 or 13.

When I did this, I found only one instance of '<daysuntilbirthing>14' (nearby <item><key><string>Penny</string>) and then was able to changed it to <daysuntilbirthing>1 as you see in the file. If that doesn't work for you, then look for any other value other than '<daysuntilbirthing>-1' as the '-1' is computer code for false.

Attached Files:

• renessie

renessie Intergalactic Tourist

I found that string you mentioned below my husband's (a few lines below <item><key><string>Sebastian</string>) and attempted changing it to <daysuntilbirthing>1. This tricked Sebastian into thinking I was pregnant, but it did not produce a baby ): Will continue to look into it and keep you guys updated!

• KuNaan314

KuNaan314 Void-Bound Voyager

Yeah somehow doing that made penny un-pregnant on the day she was supposed to give birth - I think there's a second value that helps to keep track. I think although that is a value that affects the pregnancy, it's not the only one

• Ferina

Ferina Space Hobo

This exact thing just happened to me, so it would seem that this bug is yet to be fixed. Rather annoying since for some reason I not only lost the baby, I lost the entire next day....

• beerponger

beerponger Space Hobo

I also was not able to enter a name for my baby. When I went upstairs, there was no baby. :(

• timtamtom

timtamtom Space Hobo

Just a guess, but perhaps it is something in dialogueQuestionsAnswered indicating you have said "yes" to the question about having a baby.

• GalopaWXY

GalopaWXY Void-Bound Voyager

Just had the same bug : went back from the mine, passed out, was prompted for baby name : before I could type anything, was prompted for baby sheep name... then leveled up two abilities, then woke up *two* days later. No baby...

• RozanePasteru

RozanePasteru Subatomic Cosmonaut

As far as i can remember Penny asked me if a i want to adopt a baby yet after 14 days no baby , i didnt die at the mines or anything . There wasnt a cutscene event or anything.

• Atalia Wolf

Atalia Wolf Space Hobo

I just had a similar problem but cant find anything about it. My toddler went missing on year 3 summer Friday the 26 he was adopted 2 years ago and no matter what I do I cant seem to find him and I am confused because I thought kids didn't grow up past toddlers.
                                  Any help ot ideas are appreciated.