Tool Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Zoryn4163, Feb 28, 2016.

1. AeonsAlex

AeonsAlex Phantasmal Quasar

Yeah, I'm getting it too.

• cantorsdust

cantorsdust Existential Complex

Don't know what the trouble is with 0.31, as it's working for me, but the way it works is:

Unzip all files into Stardew Valley main folder. The Mods folder can be unzipped to the main folder or to %appdata%\Stardew Valley\Mods.

edit: Can one of you guys paste the error log created in the Error Logs folder?

• LIKW1D

LIKW1D Space Hobo

trying to test something out, but it wont let me spawn an item. The player_additem command gives me the same response no matter what i put in it

Attached Files:

• cantorsdust

You must put in the corresponding item ID from ObjectInformation.xnb. Here's a pastebin of it: http://pastebin.com/08a7Bsi5

edit: Cutlass is a weapon, not an object, and won't work right now. But the various geodes should work.

• AeonsAlex

It hasn't created an Error Log folder for me.

• Alkarl

Alkarl Void-Bound Voyager

Ok, I think I found out why it was breaking, I had to create a folder called ErrorLogs in AppData/Roaming/StardewValley and then it ran.

• LIKW1D

LIKW1D Space Hobo

Ah.. i figured i was doing something wrong. When in doubt, ask the forums!

• AeonsAlex

Yeah, worked for me too, cheers.

• cantorsdust

Yup, double checked it myself. Made an issue on the github, thanks.

• yuukiw

yuukiw Scruffy Nerf-Herder

why does the programm use an .net command that isnt even allowed to be used anymore in newer .net version? What kind of programming style is this.
                      in this case loading a file from a remote server.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
                      • Mynta

Mynta Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So everything seems to work fine, except I can't enter my barn or coop without it ctding. Every other building is fine, every action n stuff works fine.

Just trying to enter those two crashes. <_<

• cantorsdust

Do you have any error logs in %appdata%\Stardew Valley\ErrorLogs ?

• emirinsama

emirinsama Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ah, sweet, that works. Thanks everyone C:

• Mynta

Yeah, but they don't really mention anything crash related.

• Handsome Matt

Handsome Matt Aquatic Astronaut

sorry but this is completely wrong, the error is internal, all that is done in the api is the loading of a .net assembly, there is no loading a file from a remote server please read the exception clearer.

Is this with any mods installed? Or just the clean API? Or are you using the injector too?

I'll make it auto create that directory oops

• Alkarl

Alkarl Void-Bound Voyager

I can confirm the same is happening to me. I run over to my coop, the door opens and I CTD. Viewing my error logs shows up to the last command I used and nothing about what caused the crash.

I continued to test by taking my mods out in succession and the problem persisted.

• ArchGaden

ArchGaden Big Damn Hero

I get a silent CTD as well when entering the mine dugeon (ie, using the elevator to go down, but I enter the first area just fine). The only mod used is the TrainerMod that came with the API. The only command used is 'player_setspeed 3'. Using 0.31A of SMAPI. The error log doesn't have anything useful, as it just lists the last command I used (setspeed). I wish I had more to give you, but maybe that will be enough to reproduce it.

• Mynta

With just the trainer, without it, etc.

• Handsome Matt

Handsome Matt Aquatic Astronaut

• Zoryn4163

Zoryn4163 Big Damn Hero

The latest should work as well. It was a mistake on my part and I apologize, I'm stressed and tired. I tested the barn and coop after the latest changes so hopefully that will work fine if anyone wants to try it out and tell me how it goes.
                                        https://github.com/Zoryn4163/SMAPI/releases/tag/0.32
                                        Direct download: https://github.com/Zoryn4163/SMAPI/releases/download/0.32/SMAPI_0.32A.zip

[​IMG]