RELEASED Stardew.Farm: Screenshot sharing tool and site

Discussion in 'Mods' started by nictuku, Mar 19, 2016.

1. KayokoSalsa

KayokoSalsa Guest

Well, I joined the discord server and posted about it in one of the text channels.

• nictuku

nictuku Space Spelunker

Thank you for the help there. Thanks to you we could see that the new version was broken on Firefox. We fixed that now.

KayokoSalsa likes this.
      • KayokoSalsa

KayokoSalsa Guest

Ah actually thank FelixB on the Discord for pointing out the exact error in Firefox.

nictuku likes this.
        • nictuku

nictuku Space Spelunker

Hi folks. We're looking for people willing to translate stardew.farm to other languages. We currently have English and Spanish support and would love if there were translations for other languages, specially TH, ZH, EN-GB and DE.

If you're familiar with github and is interested in helping out, have a look here:
          https://github.com/nictuku/stardew-rocks/tree/master/web/client/i18n

You can also ask for help on our discord chat. The link is in the github project readme.

Thanks!

• gobbldygook

gobbldygook Void-Bound Voyager

Sooo I assume you guys did something with the server to delete duplicate saves? Do you happen to have any...backups or something that might have included those duplicates? Due to some save changing while modding (should have exited stardew_rocks.exe, now that I think about it; I'll be sure to do that next time), two versions of my farm showed up when I searched it ("Valley View by Cassia") - one with the old pictures, and one with pictures from when I continued. The second is the version that was being updated, until something happened between April 24 at 9pm and 25th at 5am. Now when I search my farm, I only get what I assume was the first version, aaand it's missing basically a whole week of pictures (despite the save versions showing up as published in the exe log), as well as having a giant gap where the 2nd version's pictures were.

Am I just screwed? I'm guessing the pictures from this morning were being sent somewhere that didn't exist, and so they didn't get saved? I'd been manually saving the pictures, so I still have most of the two seasons that were on the newer version that I guess got deleted, but I was really hoping to make a timelapse of my farm and I feel pretty wrecked that I assumed the versions on the servers were safe enough for me to play for an in-game week before going and manually saving those photos. I guess I won't be assuming that anymore.

Edit: The thing that really bugs me is that the old version, now the only version, has pictures for Fall 21 and Fall 22 of Year 2 --- which weren't on the now-gone new version --- but then everything from Fall 23 to Winter 1 is missing?????? why did those two get saved but the others didn't?? ;_;

Edit edit: Just for troubleshooting's sake, the url to the new version was http://stardew.farm/571412e73155307dc5a571c3 but it's not loading anymore; the url to the old version is http://stardew.farm/570203e71700d45a6e0aec6c

Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
            • nictuku

nictuku Space Spelunker

I was doing a database cleanup (to restore some missing save games not appearing on the site) and my script inadvertently deleted save games from a few farms. :-(

I'm doing a few things now:
              - restoring as much as I can from a backup that's a few days old
              - trying to display the screenshots that we have, even if the gamesave is missing. (no screenshots were deleted, only the game saves)

The screenshots are still on the database. I'm going to my day job now, but after that I'll work on re-displaying those screenshots again.

I'm sorry for the trouble. From now on I'll try to stick to daily backups and be more cautious with my database maintenance scripts.

bulbaswat and Nurio like this.
              • nictuku

nictuku Space Spelunker

This was my fault, not yours. While trying to fix some people's save games, I ended up changing their IDs which created new URLs.

Later today I'm going to try to merge them (i.e: no duplicated farms) and I'll try to restore missing screenshots.

I screwed up, I'm sorry.

Nurio likes this.
                • gobbldygook

gobbldygook Void-Bound Voyager

No worries! My previous message was a bit overwrought because I stayed up too late playing Stardew, whoops! Thanks so much for the help.

• borninoctober

borninoctober Void-Bound Voyager

I can't find any screenshots on the site Stardew.farm. Just says "no results found". I used to see them a couple a weeks ago, and now I was looking to download the client. Is the site not working anymore?

Nicole1990 likes this.
                    • Androxilogin

Androxilogin Giant Laser Beams

I was wondering this myself, the last four days it hasn't recorded a screenshot for me.

Nicole1990 likes this.