RELEASED Stardew.Farm: Screenshot sharing tool and site

Discussion in 'Mods' started by nictuku, Mar 19, 2016.

1. daikiraikimi

daikiraikimi Astral Cartographer

This is so cool! I haven't been able to get any mods to work for me so far, but once I fix the problem I will have to try this out. I've been taking loads of screenshots, but just by keybinding printscreen to my mouse, haha.

• nictuku

nictuku Space Spelunker

The tool can now show crops! See Konis' farm:

[​IMG]

You don't even have to update the client - I've updated all existing screenshots :-D

What should I improve next? I'm thinking about fixing the flooring and fence "connections" :-D.

gumbyscout likes this.
      • gumbyscout

gumbyscout Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm really liking the progress of this program (my farm is the "Mitchel" one)! I just have a few questions. What server-side language are you using? How are you planning on doing the website; are you going to be using a front-end framework? Is the project open source; are you open to having other people help you?

nictuku likes this.
        • nictuku

nictuku Space Spelunker

Hi there. See: http://github.com/nictuku/stardew-rocks/.

I am definitely interested in more people helping! I'll change the depository to clarify it's meant to have an Apache2 license.

The client and server code are in Go. It sort of grew organically (hehe) so if other people are joining the project, I should probably clean things up.

Front-end development is an area that can really use some help. My plan was to use Go for the handlers and then pick some popular JS frameworks for the client side. But I'm happy to rediscuss.

To be upfront: I'm happy to pay for the server bills and I do not plan to serve ads on the web site. I hope this makes people comfortable with contributing to the project.

What would you like to develop? :)

We can coordinate via github issues or IRC - I often hang out on freenode @ #stardewvalley-mods.

• gumbyscout

gumbyscout Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Cool! Well, I'm familiar with angularjs 1 & 2, reactjs, and backbone, so I can probably help out with the front end.

• nictuku

nictuku Space Spelunker

Awesome! I created a discord server for us to talk about the mod development: https://discord.gg/0tpEyZrnOVQKA93b

• nictuku

nictuku Space Spelunker

All screenshots now updated to include Fence Connections, Hoe Dirt Connections and Coop/Deluxe Coop!

Special thanks to Pinkishu for the connection code :-D.

Next: more buildings; animals.

• nictuku

nictuku Space Spelunker

Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
                • Pinkishu

Pinkishu Phantasmal Quasar

Nice, loving the animated idea :3

nictuku likes this.
                  • JackyBreak

JackyBreak Void-Bound Voyager

[​IMG]

I am using a lot of mod in this game, Is that why the screen shot doesnt show my buildings slime farms and fruit trees?

• nictuku

nictuku Space Spelunker

No, it's because they are not implemented yet. I'm working on that! I spent some time improving our website, but I'll probably go back to improving the renderer now. Thanks for the bug report.

• Lead_poisoning

Lead_poisoning Void-Bound Voyager

Is the stardew.rocks site supposed to load as a blank white screen? I can only assume that is not the case. Either way, I'm unable to get any images of my farm to show up.

• nictuku

nictuku Space Spelunker

We're rewriting the website and things can be a bit bumpy. I think it should work if you shift-reload. (That's not supposed to happen, we'll fix it)

• nictuku

nictuku Space Spelunker

We just launched our new site, in a new home:

http://stardew.farm

Thanks a million to gumbyscout for the web work, and for so many kind people that have helped us test this so far.

Our current focus is to add missing tiles - thanks Broadstone for helping with this.

Once most types of tiles are showing correctly and the website is faster we will officially "release" the tool. Watch this forum :-D.

• MrBroadstone

MrBroadstone Master Chief

I think I've nearly fixed the grass :)

• 07ggn

07ggn Guest

This is a really cool project and it's really fascinating to see other people's creations, too. Good job nictuku and company.

e: grammar

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2016
                                  nictuku likes this.
                                • JackyBreak

JackyBreak Void-Bound Voyager

You have made some awesome progress on this which is obvious and amazing !!!! thank you, it finally shows me the trees!!

Well I started the game through API , use a lot of mods , including mods for the fruit trees, I believe that is the reasonwhy I can t see my fruit trees in the screen shot, and trees climbed on my house
                                  e[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
                                  • nictuku

nictuku Space Spelunker

It's not your fault at all. The trees climbing on your house were bugs in our code. We released a new version today that fixed these bugs.

We are also adding fruit trees today, thanks to Broadstone :). They don't show the fruits themselves yet, but that's coming later.

We'll update everyone's screenshots with these changes, hang in there.

• MrBroadstone

MrBroadstone Master Chief

FYI JackyBreak's screenshot didn't have fruit trees until just recently, but the live copy he linked is now updated and has fruit trees.

nictuku likes this.
                                      • nictuku

nictuku Space Spelunker

Hi everyone! We are releasing our tool officially today! We fixed several display bugs and made a major improvement to the web site. Things are looking good!

The site now has infinite scrolling and it's displaying some meta information about the farms.

We also improved rendering issues with the grass and tree trunks, we added fruit trees (not the fruits themselves yet), added the stable, slime hutch, silos, fixed how the crops look like, etc. We hope you like it!

Any feedback is welcomed!
                                        - stardew.farm development team :)