1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Starbound Won't Start

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by KhaticBeans, Dec 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KhaticBeans

KhaticBeans Aquatic Astronaut

Starbound used to work just fine. But after the recent patch, I start up the game, I click Launch Starbound, and it comes up with the error:

UuidException: Size mismatch in reading Uuid from ByteArray: 19 vs 16...(2)
    00536A06
    (E:/Steamworks/Starbound/git/starbound/source/game/StarPlayerFactory.cpp:96) 00407C29 (E:Steamworks/Starbound/git/starbound/source/client/main.cpp:47)
    004DBBD1 (c:/SDL-1.2.15/./src/main/win32/SDL_win32_main.c:318) This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

I don't really know whats happening. If anyone has an answer for this, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. sil3nst

sil3nst Void-Bound Voyager

im not trying to be patronizing here, but lets take this one step at a time. are you running it as administrator? (right click starbound.exe, run as administrator)

3. KhaticBeans

I run all programs as administrator.

4. sil3nst

hm, i suppose you are using windows xp? its still having issues that nobody seems to know how to fix but the root of the problem is definitely SDL a lot of people report the same errors.

5. KhaticBeans

Nope, I'm using Win 7. Its just after this recent patch that it wouldn't let me run the game. :p

6. sil3nst

go to your starbound installation directory, right click the starbound.exe itself, if you dont see "run as administrator" then that is very strange or you are not on an admin account of the pc.

7. KhaticBeans

There is no Starbound.exe in the installation folder. I have _CommonRedist, assets, linux32, linux64, mods, player, Starbound.app. universe, win32, and some text files. Inside the folders are just a bunch of small programs and files and whatnot, but no Starbound.exe. I seach for it in the search bar, and it can't find anything.

8. sil3nst

its in the win32 folder.

9. KhaticBeans

I switched it to admin, now when I click on Launch Starbound, nothing happens. When I click Launch Starbound (OpenGL) I still get the same error that I got before.

10. sil3nst

i dont use the launcher. just boot the main .exe itself as administrator. i used to get problems like yours and thats how i bypassed it.

Attached Files:

11. KhaticBeans

I bring it do the desktop and run it as administrator, the it says The program can't start because SDL.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem. Do I have to uninstall and reinstall Starbound now? :(

12. sil3nst

i dont use the launcher.
    you moved it out of the installation directory? lol NO! put it back where it was, what you can do is create a shortcut to the desktop for it, but run the exe itself as administrator i can almost guarantee it will work, you are making this harder than it has to be.

[​IMG]

13. KhaticBeans

Nope, I ran Starbound.exe as admin from the folder, and it comes up with the same error that I first started out with. :p

14. sil3nst

try uninstalling (completely) and reinstalling. if you still get the problem, try updating your video drivers and directx and whatnot. if still no cigar, time to try and contact the devs directly, which probably wont be a fast solution but they know a hell of a lot more about what the problem might be.

15. KhaticBeans

Alright. Thanks for your time!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.