1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Resolved Starbound won't start!

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Windows9Pro, Apr 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Windows9Pro

Windows9Pro Intergalactic Tourist

Today, I bought Starbound and installed it. When I'm trying to start the game, it crashes instant!
    I tryed to reinstall the game, but no

System Info:
    Windows 10 64bit
    Intel Core i5-6402p
    Radeon RX460
    8GB DDR4 RAM

Please help me, and sorry for bad english :)

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please attach the full log located in your storage directory. It's named starbound.log (will show up as "starbound" when you don't have file extensions shown). There are also more logs (.1-.5). These are logs from the sessions before. If you didn't start the game after the error i don't need them. Use the "Upload a File" button to select and attach the log.

Depending on which OS you use the path wil be different and also if you use the GoG version of Starbound.

3. Windows9Pro

4. Iris Blanche

Have you rebooted your machine? In some cases due to the Visual C++ Redistributable you need to reboot your machine.
    Can you try the win32 executable as well? It sometimes throws an error message that might help locating the issue.

5. Windows9Pro

6. Iris Blanche

Which software is running beside starbound? Especially overlays etc

7. Windows9Pro

Opera and Steam, nothing else

8. Windows9Pro

It just crashes with the classic ''Starbound has stopped working'' message from Windows

I have the feeling, It doesn't attempt to load something, because it crashes instant

9. Nexus Of Chaos

Nexus Of Chaos Parsec Taste Tester

The log appears as if it was truncated, cut off after
    Code:
    [07:13:16.233] [Info] Root: Loaded NameGenerator in 0.0100015 seconds (poster comment, excessively fast)
    The only explanation I have for this is either if something else stopped it, or it is truncated. Are you sure that is the full log?

10. Windows9Pro

Yes, I'm pretty Sure, but I will make a Video, when I'm back at home

11. Windows9Pro

12. Windows9Pro

what could cause the crash?

13. Nexus Of Chaos

Nexus Of Chaos Parsec Taste Tester

I honestly have no idea. If you have any active antivirus software (including Windows Defender), try putting Steam and Starbound in the exclusions list. You could either put both files in manually or the entire Steam folder (and therefore both files) in by itself

Also, I strongly suggest using a program called Notepad++. This is third party software (not by windows) meant specifically for coding, but can be easily used as a neater and more functional alternative to notepad

14. Windows9Pro

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.