Tool Starbound Server GUI

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Senerio, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Dunto

Dunto Guest

Tools and other utilities in binary form belong in Modding and need to use the "Tools" tag in order to be compliant with the rules. Moved.

2. rawkinrex

rawkinrex Phantasmal Quasar

Sorenix,

Any way to get the planet name to show in Glad Giraffe (current stable) build?

P.S Love the tool for it's ease of use.

3. Senerio

Senerio Pangalactic Porcupine

There was a change along the way which made planet files totally encrypted. Back then I could salvage the threat level, name and other bits from it. Now it seems to be all encrypted. Thus, I cannot say for sure that it's possible. I haven't looked into it too much as I didn't see it as a very crucial thing to have for now. All I wanted was for the tool to finally work again. :p

I had a few ideas, things I wanna fix/modify/add. I'll take a look into it along with the changes when I have a moment.

4. rawkinrex

Cool, thanks once again for the tool.

5. Senerio

You're most welcomed. If you have any suggestion/comment, don't hesitate to post them.

6. exuvo

exuvo Big Damn Hero

It would seem the mod got removed for breaking the rule about no executables.
    Perhaps only have a source code download on the mod page and then a link with a warning to the precompiled binary would be allowed?

7. Senerio

It's cool. I'll set it up again on this post. Give me a few minutes.

8. Senerio

It's back up again!

Sorry for the downtime, I had a few issues and the forum is slow tonight.

I added a lot of things in the last version and upgraded the front post. Be sure to check it out!

9. Partonetrain

Partonetrain Phantasmal Quasar

Hey SorenIX,

My GUI crashes on occasion with the generic Windows message pop-up "Starbound Server GUI has stopped working". After it crashes, the server itself is still running without the GUI.

I'm on Win10 64-bit. Not sure if that helps.

Thanks in advance.

10. Senerio

Hey Partonetrain,

That's also the OS I'm running on. I would need more informations but this is quite weird. Usually when my apps crash, they don't give that message right off the bat. Are you sure this is the only message that pops up?

11. Partonetrain

Yes, quite sure that's the only message that pops up. Unfortunately no crash report or anything. I understand if there's nothing you can do because the crash is so generic.

12. Senerio

Yeah... if I don't know what's causing there's little I can do unfortunately... I'll still try and look into it.

Partonetrain likes this.
  13. rawkinrex

Soren,

How does one go about running both a Stable server and Unstable server on one system using your tool? I tried placing the exe in the unstable win64 folder and launching, no luck.

14. Senerio

That should be working, I'll try it out later today and get back to you.

Edit: I know the reason. I'll deploy an update soon.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
  15. Senerio

It is now fixed with new version. You'll have to update both .exe in both folders.

16. rawkinrex

I have tested this and have a Stable and Nightly build server now running. Thanks for the awesome tool, and quick fixes.

17. rawkinrex

The GUI crashes with the generic Windows message pop-up "Starbound Server GUI has stopped working". The server itself is still running in Task Manager.

I'm on Windows 10 Home 64-bit. Anywhere I can look for an app crash log?

Thanks.

18. Partonetrain

So it's not just me.

19. Senerio

I will try to encounter the error myself. Can you tell me how long it takes for it to stop working and if people were connecting/connected to your server? What is happening when the tool is crashing? Describe as much as you can.

Edit : I have found the root of the problem and hope it's the only one lurking around. The line sent by the server whenever the outpost world file would unload was breaking the GUI for some obscure reason. I dispatched a quick fix for now and will investigate the true cause later.

Make sure you give feedback about any encountered problem.

Thanks!

Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
    Partonetrain likes this.
  20. rawkinrex

SorenIX downloaded the fix and have run it for 14+ hrs, no crash. Thanks for the quick hotfix.