1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Resolved Starbound sent back to ship on travel

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Spirittracker21, Nov 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spirittracker21

Spirittracker21 Intergalactic Tourist

Everytime i beam down to the planet i end up back in my ship
    i have tried restarting steam
    reinstaling
    vanilla
    verifying game cache
    and restarting computer
    please help

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please attach the full log located in your storage directory. It's named starbound.log (will show up as "starbound" when you don't have file extensions shown). There are also more logs (.1-.5). These are logs from the sessions before. If you didn't had start the game after the error i don't need them. Use the "Upload a File" button to select and attach the log.

~ Iris ~

3. Silverforte

Silverforte Spaceman Spiff

4. Iris Blanche

Code:
    Caused by: (DungeonException) Unknown dungeon: 'minigreenruins'
    A mod that adds new dungeons either was removed or has set it's own ids wrong. Since you're using a lot of mods it's hard to track down which one is the faulty one because removing mods that alter world generation will cause even more errors than before.

~ Iris ~

5. Silverforte

I looked at all of my mods, none of them add anything called "minigreenruins". I can't find anything in the SB assets that reads this line either.

6. Iris Blanche

Then it's probably a mod that was removed or some existing mod removed said id. Unfortunately it is still stored inside this planet generation so you'll have to either delete the planet file for this world or reinstall the removed mod again to stop that issue from happening.

~ Iris ~

7. Silverforte

It was frackinuniverse. Apparently I used it a long time ago. The problem is that these are planets I've NEVER been to that are doing this...

8. Iris Blanche

9. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

"If you wish to uninstall the mod, you must delete your universe (and probably your characters as well, if you are wearing tons of FU gear)."

Copied from FU mod page.
    Maybe try backup your storage, take note of the planet's coordinates that beam you back to the ship (ain't sure if you'll still be back on the same planet after you delete universe file or it'll teleport you back to the beginning planet), delete the universe and see if it still beam you up?

10. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Yeah, if you have FU and uninstall it... you really do need to do a universe (and maybe player) wipe. Simply moving/deleting the Universe folder should do it.

Wearing FU gear isn't a problem, it's the modded techs, I think, is what causes character wipes to be necessary. But if you don't have any of that, then a simple universe wipe should be good enough. Oh, and ship crew too, I think might cause problems.

11. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

I do love when the reason is literally printed on the mods page and people don't read it and then are baffled when things don't work :)

lazarus78 likes this.
  12. Silverforte

I had a lot going on when I downloaded it and I overlooked it, man. I love it when the authors of mods I love are rude to me and make me want to not use their mods.

13. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

He wasn't being rude, to be honest.

Trust me, after getting hundreds upon hundreds of people asking "I GOT AN ERROR!" and the solution to said error is on the front page, one tends to get salty after awhile.

I frequent the Frackin'Universe discussion thread, we will discuss a problem and a fix, and it won't be more than 6 hours later that someone pops up going "I GOT WARPED TO SHIP!!!" when on the previous page the fix was reported, fixed, and an update released.

Or, again, people not reading instructions on the front page of the mod.

We get so much of this stuff, that whenever more people pop up, we tend to have less patience than we would otherwise, after the 1000th person doing stuff like this.

So give the guy a break. The crap we have to deal with over there is just ridiculous.

lazarus78 likes this.
  14. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

and I don't have a lot going on? All the time? Granted, in your case it was less obvious text so I get it.

But the VAST majority skip the bulk of the text.... including the giant red text at the very top.

After 3 years of people not reading, I not only have every right to get salty, I feel obligated at this point.

Xylia likes this.
  15. MrVauxs

MrVauxs Giant Laser Beams

Moral of the story
    Do not install most subscribed mods like a madman
    Oh and read descriptions

16. Spirittracker21

here sorry its relly late

Attached Files:

17. Iris Blanche

Although i responded to your other topic too:
    It's probably the "Monster Part Mod Pack". Removing it should work according to the mod author.

Also please stick to one topic instead of making a new one.

~ Iris ~

18. Spirittracker21

tried uninstalling the monster parts pack still broken

19. Iris Blanche

20. Spirittracker21

thanks appears to be fixed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.