1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Starbound quit Unexpectedly

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by TheRocketGuy, Dec 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnnyKill

JohnnyKill Astral Cartographer

It should automatically do it, Try this if you still need to do it...

Rigth click the game, select properties, goto the updates tab, turn off the automatic updates, close, go back there and turn it on, and then goto downloads and press the "Resume all"

And btw, I am not sure if its for Mac and XP sinds Vista was having troubles to I'll update this post When I know more,

I Guess it was a small IN game fix not the Compatibility for the game, I am sorry...

Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
  2. jameschew

jameschew Intergalactic Tourist

no i am on MAC OS X LION 10.7.5

3. Reno

Reno Phantasmal Quasar

Yeah, doesn't seem like there's an update up for the Mac client yet. Guess all we can do it wait! Thanks for the help, bud.
    Gotta love beta! :B

jameschew likes this.
  4. JohnnyKill

OS X 10.8.5 Has been confirmed to work
    And
    OS X 10.9 Has been confirmed to work

Mac OS X 10.8.5 - *UNKNOW* But has a problem to I would suggest Updating C++
    Mac OS X 10.7.5 - 0x00007fff5fc01028
    Mac OS X 10.6.8 - 0x00007fff5fc01028
    You all have the same problems I would say.
    Btw I wish you all posted A crash dump like jameschew, Lawls, and mala. *Tumbs up*

OS X 10.9 Is the lastest version And has been confirmed to work fully,

Bug encountered :

• Impossible to use the numbers to switch objects
    • Impossible to modify keybind
    • Shooting with bow crash the game
    • the screen is not formatted correctly - Fix manually resize the window. It will snap to the correct resolution

5. mala

mala Void-Bound Voyager

i was going crazy, i read a guy saying "it solved the crash on my mac" but i can't find any update

6. Reno

Reno Phantasmal Quasar

Maybe they were referring to the free OS X Mavericks update?

I'm pretty comfortable with 10.6 so I want to avoid updating my whole system, but if I have to in the end, I guess I will. Gunna waiting to see if the game itself gets an update first, though, of course.

7. JohnnyKill

I feel like a dick now, "-.- Buuut.. I didn't say it was a solved I said there was a update. I stil dont know what the update did.. I can't find the patch notes but it seems that it didn't fix any Compatibility for the game

8. Reno

Reno Phantasmal Quasar

Don't worry about it amigo! I think we're all a little confused and anxious, really. :p

mala likes this.
  9. mala

mala Void-Bound Voyager

:cry:

10. Chango

Chango Intergalactic Tourist

I am also running 10.6.8 and I cannot even start the application. Once I press play on steam I get the message "Starbound has quit unexpectedly" Reopening doesn't do anything.

11. Reno

Reno Phantasmal Quasar

Seems like this is the same issue all us poor 10.6.8 users are having right now. With any luck, a compatibility update will be available in a day or so.
    I wonder what the actual cause of it is, though? Hm.

12. TheRocketGuy

TheRocketGuy Orbital Explorer

I say when and if the game works for us , The troubled Mac users get together and explore the game together haha

13. Reno

Reno Phantasmal Quasar

I'd agree to this, but only if we can confirm that spaceships can run on OS X first. ;P

14. kafuka

kafuka Poptop Tamer

Are developers working on this to fix the Mac OS X startup problem? developer please take 1 min to reply, thanks!

15. Dire_Pirate_Hong

Dire_Pirate_Hong Void-Bound Voyager

I feel your pain. I run a 10.7.5 and don't really want to completely upgrade a perfectly working Macbook just for this game.

But in any case, I'm not too sure if this will change in the future (I really hope so though!) but when I took a look in the Steam store just now, it said that the minimum OS requirements are: OS 10.8.0 Yikes.

It would be extremely soothing if we could get a confirmation/official word from the Devs on whether or not it will be changed in the future. :)

16. Reno

Reno Phantasmal Quasar

Checking on the Reddit thread Tiy posted recently, it seems Bartwe is working on the known XP compatibility issues...But there's no mention of the Mac issues, save for one user who brought it up.

17. w_heart1

w_heart1 Void-Bound Voyager

I'm also running a 10.7.5 mac and don't want to really update to a higher version for the game. I really do hope that they will fix this so all of the user in snow leopard and lion can play without having to update.

18. mala

mala Void-Bound Voyager

just finished upgrading my iMac to Maverick and now "IT WORKS"

19. mala

mala Void-Bound Voyager

playing the game flawlessly since the update

i have played just a couple of hours and it doesn't even seems i'm playing a beta :)

20. lucapeluca

lucapeluca Space Hobo

I also have the same problem, and am running OS 10.6.8.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.