1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Starbound Possibe bug

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by DarkKnight7146, Apr 7, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkKnight7146

DarkKnight7146 Intergalactic Tourist

I've been playing on one computer with my brother and we have encountered something very annoying.
    My brother owns the game and we share it on two different accounts, I play on one character and he plays on another, when I unlock something it unlocks it on my brothers other character, and it's been annoying, an example is that I would earn the floral artifact and when I do my brother would have it as well even though he hasn't beaten the boss. If this is a bug, please fix this, it's frustrating.

2. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Moved to Starbound Support. Please don't use Wiki Discussion for anything other than discussing the wiki.

3. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

Hmm..

You say he owns the game. Are you playing where he allows family accounts to play games on his library?

4. Nexus Of Chaos

Nexus Of Chaos Parsec Taste Tester

the outpost is saved into one file. I would suggest creating 2 folders in the storage directory, 1 for you, 1 for your brother, and put everything in the appropriate directory. take out of the folder you're about to play as, then put it back in afterwards

5. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Like @NexusTheBrony said. The complete progression is stored universe side. To have different progression states you will need to use different storage folders when playing on the same machine.

Closing since this is not a bug.

Regards
    Iris Blanche

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.