1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Starbound OST Updates

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Curtis Schweitzer, Jul 19, 2016.

1. EDIT: I have had a ton of people send me PM's re: FLAC versions. I've sent out some codes for it, but I only have so many, and I have to reserve some album codes for promotion, etc., so I'm going to have to pull the offer to send codes for the Bandcamp version for now. I'll let you know if/when I can do another batch!

A couple of notes for our amazing community, in preparation for Starbound, 1.0:

1. If your copy of the Starbound OST was purchased from iTunes, it is missing some tracks. They are available for free download at this site: http://curtisschweitzer.com/starbound-annex-tracks

2. iTunes and Spotify versions of the Starbound OST will be going down over the next few weeks to be updated with all tracks. In the meantime, the Bandcamp version is best: https://curtisschweitzer.bandcamp.com/album/starbound-the-orchestral-ost (This is the best place to buy the Starbound OST-- I have some bonus tracks on this version, and it is the *only* place where you can get WAV/OGG/FLAC versions of the soundtrack. I am also running at 75% off sale on my entire discography until the end of July.)

3. I have a new single, which will be featured in-game, which will release concurrently with the game. You can order it on July 22nd from my bandcamp!: https://curtisschweitzer.bandcamp.com/ You can listen to a sample here: https://soundcloud.com/curtis-schweitzer/weep-not-my-child-preview

4. Starting on July 22nd, I will begin removing *some* of the Starbound tracks from my SoundCloud. According to my stats, I have more than 1 million plays on my SC Starbound tracks. Now that we are officially released, I am treating this venue as a promotional service and will no longer host the entire soundtrack here.

"Jupiter" will remain on SoundCloud as a free download. :) (https://soundcloud.com/curtis-schweitzer/jupiter)

Thanks to everyone who has supported me over the years-- I'm so excited to see Starbound finally reach this important milestone! Stay tuned for more news about the Starbound OST in the near future!

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
  2. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Your music is the shit. Epic, atmospheric, good for almost any time of day.

Keep up the good work.

3. Valyriax

Valyriax Big Damn Hero

If you preordered the copy via the humble store, and thus got a free copy of the soundtrack, is there any way, other than repurchase via bandcamp, to get a flac copy?

4. Send me a PM and we can work something out.

5. I preordered my copy by purchasing "Starbound (Pixel Tier)" but on humble bundle the soundtrack wasn't updated for 3 years now :C
    Is there a way to get the latest copy (if possible as flac or wav) without purchasing it once more as Valyriax asked above?

6. Spyz

Spyz Void-Bound Voyager

Hi, I bought the soundtrack on Steam! Tho I was expecting to find the music that plays the first time you meet Esther Bright. Is there any way I can listen to it again? D:

7. AurumUrsus

AurumUrsus Intergalactic Tourist

Hey, some of the tracks that were removed from the OST (like one of the forest battles) are now in the game. How can I get hold of those?

8. Pyrii

Pyrii Existential Complex

Yeah I really prefer to have the FLAC soundtrack myself so when you're willing to send out codes, would love to know. It kind of sucks how out of date and lacking in FLAC options the Starbound pre-order system is.

Zinerith likes this.
  9. Anything new? I can't wait to get the current version of the soundtrack. Are you able to update the soundtrack on Humble bundle? It seems so easy but you may enlighten me.
    (I don't bother if it is flac or only mp3 if i am just able to get the current version ^^)

10. Xanirus

Xanirus Ketchup Robot

Battle music? What game are you playing, cause battle music is cut entirely from mine, as it has been for the past several months of betas. (Save for missions.) There seems to be a lot of missing tracks from the OST, including but not limited to Forest, Desert, and Arctic exploration, as well as some tracks being played in the wrong biomes as well.

11. AurumUrsus

AurumUrsus Intergalactic Tourist

What I meant from that is that the track "forest battle 2" is now in the game (I won't say where because spoilers) but it isn't in any version of the OST except old youtube uploads, and I'd prefer to get it legit. Also, when I say "in the game" I mean the missions too, and almost all, if not all, of the battle tracks are in the game.

12. Xanirus

Xanirus Ketchup Robot

I've only ever heard the battle tracks in the missions, that's why I said "save for missions." I already beat the whole story and still playing. IMO though that's not nearly enough to hear them since you'll probably only be playing those missions once. I wish they had a battle music toggle instead of just removing the whole function entirely, cause they're pretty awesome to listen to.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
  13. Cheeseboy157

Cheeseboy157 Void-Bound Voyager

Hello!
    I bought the Starbound OST Track on Steam on 3/4/2015. If you need proof, I'll gladly provide it.
    Recently, some of the songs from the OST (I.e. Body Electric) are missing. Do I have to buy it again, or is it a problem? Thanks!

14. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

The game also has all the most recent tracks too, you can just get them from there. I , in effect, got the OST for free...