1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Starbound not starting at all

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by netraameht, Dec 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. burnedorb

burnedorb Space Hobo

I don't even have the launch starbound button.

2. georgiecon

georgiecon Space Hobo

same here i just bought it for 15 bucks and its all like "I'm sorry we hate you go die in a hole."

3. Sabinsnake

Sabinsnake Void-Bound Voyager

I got my game working, I just pushed the page up a little bit and saw the start game buttons on the bottom.

4. Levianne

Levianne Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So I've got some error messages every time I launch the game. The Launcher starts just fine, then any of those options (Starbound, Starbound OpenGL, server) causing crash. None of those fixes mentioned before works, running as administrator, running without admin, copy and paste those DLL's, delete some files, then rebuild the game, nothing goes. Even re-installing the game doesn't work. I purchased the game through steam, but can't play it. I don't wanna regret the money. One of the last messages comes from the Visual C++, is that something crucial to that errors (could the fix be related to Visual C++?), or is it just a name of the last app in the chain of command and thus the possible fixes wouldn't be related to VC++ at all?
    I wanna play this amazing game, have seen some videos on You Tube, excited to the top, but those errors preventing me from my own experience are just annoying. Thanx in regard.

There's another thing to clear out. None of the basic launching commands (Launcher, Starbound, Starbound_openGL, server) is running in compatibility mode, but the Diagnostic tells me, that steam and Starbound both are running in compatibility mode (in fact only steam does, it must, otherwise Starbound couldn't be even installed). That's strange.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.