1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Starbound ModLoader

Discussion in 'Other' started by RockyTV, Dec 7, 2013.

1. RockyTV

RockyTV Big Damn Hero

Tested, it works. What kept me from restarting Starbound and reloading the assets was that there were 5 starbound.exe process in my Task Manager.

2. RockyTV

RockyTV Big Damn Hero

Please, now, to keep track of issues and bugs, report them at the Forums tab, at our NexusMods page.

3. kavex

kavex Space Penguin Leader

bookmarked!

4. Ceetee

Ceetee Void-Bound Voyager

how does this work with the edits to player.config, or modification of existing items?

5. RockyTV

RockyTV Big Damn Hero

This. Starbound ModLoader

Explaining if you didn't understand:

if you are making a species mod. You will need to modify files such as universe_server.config, player.config, codex/codex.config, interface/windowconfig/windowconfig.config and so on.

What I just realised is that, if you actually copy those files, and paste them with their respective path (assets/codex/codex.config would be mods/codex/codex.config), it will work as if you've had modified the original files.

6. Ceetee

Ceetee Void-Bound Voyager

Wouldn't that still cause conflicts if you have multiple mods that edit the same file?

And considering that most mods that add any new items to the game modify player.config, that would make almost every mod out there still require users to manually modify the file?

7. RockyTV

RockyTV Big Damn Hero

Yes. But to avoid conflict, well, let's say, a skull helm mod (by that guy I forgot the name), he should modify the bone block and make it so when you pick it up for the first time you learn the recipe to craft a skull helm.

8. Cronos Dage

Cronos Dage Master Chief

thanks; saved me from some reinstalls

RockyTV likes this.
  9. I might have a go at this. It would be easier if you indexed the files FIRST, to get its orginal state and store them in some way that files can be generated.

For example. Say I want to add an item to the default blueprint. I know of all the default values in the blueprints array, i can simply append a string to it, and then save it.

Once finals are over I think I will have a go at this. Shouldn't be too hard.

10. RockyTV

RockyTV Big Damn Hero

If you want to get into this, PM me. Then we can talk.

11. Cyanogen101

Cyanogen101 Void-Bound Voyager

RockyTV, Great mod! very usefull so that i dont mess up my starbound files!
    Currently in use with my OMG Plant Mod Here!!!

12. MorpH

MorpH Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'm sorry but this isn't even your work? Am I missing something? The boot loader was already included with the game. I have been using this method since like day 1.

13. RockyTV

RockyTV Big Damn Hero

Did you notice the changes? The bootloader only loads from Assets folder. I changed it and made it load assets from the assets folder and then the mods.

14. MorpH

15. RockyTV

RockyTV Big Damn Hero

What happens is that I released this mod right before the guy thought of doing that topic. Check the dates.

Cyanogen101 likes this.
  16. MorpH

I wouldn't really call it a "mod" when all people have to do is make a folder themselves and edit the bootloader. His is a guide how to do it, not a release claiming it's his own work, the game came with this.

17. RockyTV

RockyTV Big Damn Hero

I released it so people don't need to edit their file.

18. FrederickReiter

FrederickReiter Space Hobo

hey, i tried intalling this one and it just made the app un-openable. im using a mac

I tried putting the app file under steamapp/starbound. this should be where i put it right?

19. RockyTV

RockyTV Big Damn Hero

20. robflop

robflop Subatomic Cosmonaut

Mirror plz. I hate mega and since it doesn't accept Opera 12.16 I can't use it.
    How about mediafire or dropbox.

Cyanogen101 likes this.