1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Starbound mobile.... would it be plausible?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Jeme223, Sep 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeme223

Jeme223 Pangalactic Porcupine

i knopw this game is not coming out for a long long time, but i figured i might as well be the first to ask this, do you think this game will ever come to tablets? with microsoft getting into the tablet busines with windows 8 and with tablets becoming more and more advanced (and based on tiy saying that this game runs fine on older computers) do you think that this game will eventually be ported over to mobile devices (specifically tablets)?

2. Autzome

Autzome Black Hole Surfer

if it somehow had a controller attachment you could order then yes, i could see it. i can see it! starbound controllers from chucklefish!

3. Jeme223

the new windows rt/ 8 tablets can hook up to xbox controllers haha

4. Duex

Duex Cosmic Narwhal

i would imagine it would have to be A: Nerfed version of the game or B: a powerful tablet

5. Autzome

from what i heard the game is fairly small sense procedural generated things tend to be small.

6. Autzome

i can see it coming out for it then, but non controller users might have a hard time.

7. Jeme223

idf take a nerfed version of the game! lol like itd still be one of the best games on any app store! i mean, i wished so hard to see terraria make it to tablets, and now i wish to one day see this game make it to tablets.

8. The main problem is finding the correct apparatus from which to operate without hassles.

Keyboard and mouse seems like the only way to do this though (or is it my PC-ism speaking?_

9. Admiral CherryTurnover

Admiral CherryTurnover Cosmic Narwhal

With Chucklefish, anything's possible.
    But would I want to play it on a mobile device? Absolutely not.
    I like my Semi-portable Laptop thank you very much! ;)

10. Jeme223

im all for mouse and keyboard and it being a pc game, but idk, the new tablets are basically laptops with a touch screen, only the ipad isnt compatible with a mouse and keyboard, everything else is, i just like the portability and battery life of a tablet more than a pc

11. Lol... battery life of a PC

But then it'd require the tablet owner to buy a mouse and keyboard for their tablet

12. Jeme223

I meant laptop lol and not always, the asus vivo tab comes with a keyboard/ trackpad so, you won't have to buy one...

13. But SB would only be available to certain tablets, which is hardly fair for the rest of the folks with iPads or whatnot.

14. Bombzero

Bombzero Giant Laser Beams

Should be totally reasonable, most tablets are powerful enough to run them without fault.

I mean really, the games technical requirements likely won't be like... AAA gaming computer level, and tablet computers are getting pretty close the mid-range laptops.

15. Fakenublet

Fakenublet Space Spelunker

You would have to either nerf the game so modern day tablets can handle it....or Microsoft should develop a ridicioulously powerful tablet on steroids that's capable of running starbound at at least 30 FPS.

16. Duex

Duex Cosmic Narwhal

pretty sure i said that >.>

17. Firehammer

Firehammer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

[17:01] <@Tiy> [21:35] <Havoc__> tiy on twitter: Also if there are any *experienced* mobile app developers out there, give me a shout. iOS / Android
    [17:01] <@Tiy> [21:36] <Havoc__> does that mean what i think it means?
    [17:01] <@Tiy> Id like to do an ios app that lets you manage your server / chat with your server
    [17:01] <@Tiy> and maybe some ios version of the game if its possible, idk
    [17:01] <GIS> lol?
    [17:01] <Rekalty> Oh, that would be neat :)
    [17:01] <blacksmithgu> Manage your server from your phone o.o?
    [17:01] <GIS> that would be cool :)
    [17:01] <Rekalty> would never play a game like this on a phone, though, but having admin server access at all times, pretty darn neat.
    [17:02] <tramsan> If you do, will those hooks/protocols be open for other people to hook into other things, Tiy? Say make their own IRC bot, etc.
    [17:02] <blacksmithgu> Well, I guess everything is on phones now adays, why not?
    [17:02] <@Tiy> probably tramsan​

Jeme223 and Zailiner like this.
  18. M C

M C Parsec Taste Tester

"yes yes YES nearly beaten the hardest boss in starbound :D"
    -random douchebag throws down your phone-

no.

19. Tom Baker

Tom Baker Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Sure, if you want to play starbound like this.

Attached Files:

20. Zailiner

Zailiner Over 9000!!!

"yes yes YES nearly beaten the hardest boss in starbound :D"
    -random douchebag pulls out the plug-
    no.
    Your logic can apply to every mobile app, ever.

M C likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.