1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Starbound Merch?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Maxwell Demonic, Nov 26, 2014.

?

Would you buy Starbound Merch if it were available?

1. Absolutely

46.9%
  2. Probably

14.3%
  3. Maybe

10.2%
  4. Probably Not

6.1%
  5. Never

20.4%
  6. Other (please explain in a post)

2.0%
  1. It just occurred to me that CF hasn't put out any kind of merchandise associated to Starbound or any of their other games. I only mention this because I'd really like to get a Starbound T-Shirt (to go with the 6 or 7 others I've gotten through Kickstarter / Indiegogo campaigns).

I'm curious, if given the option, how many people would be interested in buying products with the Starbound / Chucklefish brand.

Starbug likes this.
  2. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

If they put out merch now they would get torn apart by the 'critics' for wasting money on trinkets instead of developing the game.

Exxil3d and Starbug like this.
  3. Starbug

Starbug Guest

They made badges for the recent game show. Nobody tore them a new one for that, even though it took probably £50 out of the budget. That's £50 that'll never go into the development now. Sad days of splurging funds on frivolities.

I made up some mockup ChuckleFish T-Shirts before, but can't post them here or you'll all call for my head.

4. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

That's considerably more small scale than say shirts or mugs or plushies of my pet Floran

5. Aside from shirts, I think I could find my way to part with some hard-earned dollars for a "Penguin Bay", "Infinity Express", or "Terramart" mug.

6. Cup o' Tea

Cup o' Tea Guest

This would actually be nice, I'd buy some things for myself.

7. Starbug

Starbug Guest

Please no! Re-invest that money and hire a freelance coder who can put a keybind GUI into the game first.

Then - and only then - will I consider buying any Glitch themed Voodoo dolls of Tiy and Omni... Or maybe a cuddly Rosie plushy?

8. Meh. I would not. But thats just because I dont buy merchandise for any game, basically.

9. Cup o' Tea

Cup o' Tea Guest

Ploptop plushy?

10. Starbug

Starbug Guest

11. POPTOP PLUSHY!

12. Starbug

Starbug Guest

13. donatelllo

donatelllo Void-Bound Voyager

I personally would LOVE some sort of plushy of a poptop or a golden duck or something like that

Cup o' Tea likes this.
  14. MrLevi

MrLevi Phantasmal Quasar

I'd be partial to a mug with the Alpaca doing a jump in a jeep...

15. TheFudgement

TheFudgement Ketchup Robot

I like this one.

[​IMG]

16. Garatgh Deloi

Garatgh Deloi Master Astronaut

Wait, what? Isent it obvious that a company wont spend all its earnings on the project giving them said earnings? If they did they would all suffer bankruptcy.

Okey sure, you can argue that the kickstarter money is supposed to be for the game, but you can hardly say the same for the steam early access money (theres no mention of sponsring something in early access, its simply getting access early and being part of development, what they do with the money is their choice).

(I suspect that the kickstarter money is gone allredy btw, its not like it was a huge amount when it comes to game development).

17. LazerusKI

LazerusKI Phantasmal Quasar

game show? have i missed something?

18. ShrapnelShark

ShrapnelShark Void-Bound Voyager

I can see some products maybe later on after full release. I would be all over a Glitch or Floran Plushie.

19. Show for Game Designers... A convention, they made pins to give out at their booth.