1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Starbound Lag Issues

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by EagleEye, Dec 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Alien Way

The Alien Way Existential Complex

Well, I'm running 2.20ghz 4gb ram intel integrated graphics (Express Chipset 4 Family, or whatever..) Game runs flawlessly except during certain situations, like rain, dungeons, excess NPCs, digging downward into a planet (I think this one is probably after-gen grave/water settling or falling, or pockets of enemies/underground "event" NPCs I cant find..). Also the first boss and its resulting laser light show ended up lagging me terribly (and this lag continued after I had killed the boss and its friends..)

2. Matchew

Matchew Subatomic Cosmonaut

Not only is my steam compatibility box grayed out, but steam isn't in my regedit. To insult the injury, it's in compatibility for Vista. I have Win7.

xan713 likes this.
  3. terago

terago Intergalactic Tourist

hi guys i also have lag with processor AMD A8-5600KAPU with Radeon(tm) HD graphics (4CPUs) 3.60GHz i dont understand it

4. xan713

xan713 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

5. terago

terago Intergalactic Tourist

not working for me :( an i forgot to say that when i play starbound i have a processer % of 50-60%

6. BlastRed

BlastRed Spaceman Spiff

7. The Alien Way

The Alien Way Existential Complex

EDIT/DESTROYED this post, as it was from an ancient and unenlightened time in my history ;) Hooray for evolution!

Last edited: Jan 4, 2014
  8. iEnvy

iEnvy Space Hobo

Holy shit, never have I seen a bigger group of faux-"PC experts", you think you have the knowledge to help him based on his specs yet you don't know what a fucking APU is? Holy shit.

APUs are combined graphics and CPU, hence why it has clock speed and number of cores.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMD_Accelerated_Processing_Unit

As for lag, it's because it's in beta and is unoptimized.

I'm using an AMD HD 7970 and AMD FX 8350 8 Core CPU at 4.0ghz and I get lag.

9. zchang

zchang Void-Bound Voyager

Dont know if still need a way to fix it, but try running a shorcut of "starbound_opengl.exe" wich is at starbound folder.
    Worked for me.

Sorry because of my english btw

10. ShockMonkey

ShockMonkey Void-Bound Voyager

Fix this asap, since then its unplayable to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.