1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Starbound freeze/crash at Chucklefish logo~

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by DJOkamical, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Aiden14

Aiden14 Intergalactic Tourist

not on xp

2. Robin :)

Robin :) Orbital Explorer

Update Fixed It ( or atleast i got past the logo )
    Will report back with more
    XP SP3
    Safemode ( not sure if it works in normal )

3. imp

imp Void-Bound Voyager

ack im playing on xp and was experiencing these errors, hoped the update would fix it but now im getting 'access violation' error?

doobydude likes this.
  4. Charzir

Charzir Aquatic Astronaut

Same proplem.

doobydude likes this.
  5. Playah

Playah Phantasmal Quasar

Aye. Access violation errors. Not even running as Admin fixes 'em.

doobydude likes this.
  6. Knawojin

Knawojin Astral Cartographer

Violation error here as well. But maybe the update isn't actually released yet and is coming shortly.

*-Update-* I've tried in Safemode as well and it brings back many stacks errors or something, despite only clicking once.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
  7. ScoudyDePirate

ScoudyDePirate Space Hobo

Guys now i am having a C++ runtime error .__. enyone else have this error?
    Windows XP pro

8. doobydude

doobydude Space Spelunker

i have that exact same error. and NOTHING i tried seems to fix it. quite saddening really.

9. fw190a8

fw190a8 Seal Broken

After a bunch of patches, this still isn't working for me. Windows 7 64-bit, click launch, there's a very short "spinning blue thing" and then it quits out immediately, before any kind of window appears. This is running as admin or not admin, running with overlay enabled and disabled, seems to happen no matter what.

Would be REALLY disappointed if I'd dropped money on this and it didn't work at all, but luckily I have Ubuntu 13.10 and it works on there. Annoying to have to reboot to change OS every time I want to play though.

10. fw190a8

fw190a8 Seal Broken

Just on my post above, my Steam has only just picked up another patch, which has introduced the launcher. This now successfully launches the game in both DirectX and OpenGL modes. Good work on the fix.

11. doobydude

doobydude Space Spelunker

its seesm the problem with my issue in getting the visual c++ error was something with this file "msvcr71.dll"

12. BlueTheChucklingManiac

BlueTheChucklingManiac Void-Bound Voyager

Run Game in Administrator by going into properties and into compatibility in the .exe file (Go to your starbound files and look at the win32 or win64 files). And then turn off 'Steam Community In-Game' by right clicking Starbound. Then click properties on the small interface that was brought up. (It should open up general as default) Then click the Steam Community In-Game button.
    This works, if you want your Steam UI ingame though. Then try turning the Steam UI on or try troubleshooting using the troubleshooter (Program compatibility).