1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Resolved Starbound Crash on Start-up

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Vocivus, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vocivus

Vocivus Big Damn Hero

After not playing Starbound for a while, I start up the game and then suddenly get a crash. This occurred over a period of inactivity so I had not recently added any mods to my game. Neither running the 64 bit version nor the 32 bit version works. After looking at the log I still cannot determine what's going on other than that there appear to be some files and patches that are not loading, and two duplicate assets from which I do not know what mods are causing the conflict. Help would be appreciated.

Log: https://pastebin.com/yjcFe0Pz

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

One of your mods is incompatible because 2 or more mods define the same id twice (runboost5)
    Since you use FU i'd recommend looking into which mods have been integrated into FU.

3. Vocivus

Vocivus Big Damn Hero

I checked what mods were integrated/incompatible with FU and im using only one of them, namely "Melee Aiming", yet I've never had issues with that, and disabling it and trying to run Starbound still didn't change anything. I honestly don't know what mods could be incompatible and causing problems. I've tried disabling certain mods that might be causing it and then running Starbound to see if the log changes, to no avail. The mods I've tried disabling are "The Witcher Mod", "Useful Back Items", "Aging Alien Alcohols", and "Improved Techs", to test if they were causing the duplicate stat effect 'runboost5', which they were not. I don't really see what could be causing the duplicate stat effect or the duplicate projectile assets.

4. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Gimme a moment. I'll try to find the conflicting mods. I'll tag you when i found it.

@Vocivus
    its Brawlhalla that is incompatible with FU

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
  5. Vocivus

Vocivus Big Damn Hero

Thank you! Uninstalling that fixed everything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.