1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Starbound conjecture

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by makasouleater69, Apr 30, 2019.

1. I'm bored so I was looking at steam starbound has 56k plus reviews and still 1600 people at 8am eastern. Wargrove has like 1k reviews and no one is playing it according to the steam community thing you click on. Wargrove got a console release quick. Starbound took so long to get 1.4 unstable I dont even know I got bored keeping track.

I just find it amusing I suppose a company with a game that has so many players like star bound would focus on a tactical RPG that no one plays lol. Wargrove has 90 reviews on xbox.

Ps5 and xbox 2 will be out before starbound console even hits its first release if ever.

If I had control over starbound which obviously I dont, but I can pretend Haha. I would of milked that to huge profits, that would of rivaled minecraft. Console could of had paid mods like minecraft, and all sorts of lovely things. Especially no cheating, since PC players are like 90 percent cheaters. Ah well.

2. Space_explorer

Space_explorer Phantasmal Quasar

if i were to add something to starbound i would add is some sort of alignment which would depend on your behavior in the game. i mean with that protectorate stuff i will always be the good guy no matter what, i can go to a planet find a town kill all their inhabitants and im still the good guy. and its... boring i cant take the path of darkness.

i would add something that measures your good or bad actions, like if i go and kill a town it will be a +1 evil nothing happens you still are neutral but now have little tendency to evil, doing one thing in planet town will "spread" the word to others, have 1+ evil maybe in other planets merchants wouldnt want to sell stuff to you or increase their prices. going more and more evil to the point you hit the cap (lets say +10) will trigger series of event, like towns running away from you sending their guards, space polices looking for you to take you to prison, bandits and cultists helping you with traffic of weapons or illegar weaponry etc. police got you? well you go into prison which you either can escape and keep your evilness or wait 1-2 minutes in prison until you pay your crimes and get your neutral state back again. or you can just go the good path and be the good boy scout chucklefish forced you to be, but you still get the love from people of towns giving you sometime stuff for free, capturing baddies like the incoming update would do. space police helping you taking down a evil organization etc.

would be nice to have complex bases in planets, not all of them of course but would be pretty nice if i just go to some random planet and find near of my landing a underground base a la "Zebes" with mini bosses and unique stuff inside there where some abilities like the spider ball were disabled but some essentials like double jump or morphing ball werent, either such base belong to baddies or good guys but dont required some sort of mission or event to trigger the spawn of such basses in random planet just depending on how good or evil you are if you find a baddie base and you are completely evil it would just like visiting a ally base, or if you are neutral or a goodie they would attack you.

there many many potentials and stuff starbound could have for me an aligment system would make it more interesting. maybe something that you can unlock after finishing the main game if chucklefish dont want to bother with changing the first story, i mean after defeating the entity and now you the new hope of the universe can just choose to go the good path or be the new peace killer in it.

3. Yeah I agree, you would think basic stuff like a simple faction system would be here, but nope. I've pretty much given up on starbound. They don't even have server side characters a basic mp game thing. They are horrid developers, nothing much more to say. Shouldn't take I don't even know 7 years and not have fractions a basic thing in all games. Even ulitma online has it, and that game is from 98 lol.

The new update is garbage in my opinion. The person who made fracking did a better job then the people that get paid, you know your in a terrible dev game when a free modder does better.