Digital starbound chibis (taking requests)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by larren101, Jul 27, 2015.

1. larren101

larren101 Space Spelunker

Thought I'd post them up on the forum. :) The redhead is my character, the other two are requests I had on the starbound reddit.

[​IMG][​IMG]

I'm also TAKING REQUESTS for chibi-style art. If you want one done, please fill in this quick form to make my life easier, and I'll add you to the list. Anyone who doesn't fill in the form will just be ignored.

FORM

NAME OF CHARACTER:
    RACE:
    LINK TO SCREENSHOTS OF CHARACTER: At least two please, well lit, preferably not holding anything since it makes it impossible to see what they're wearing underneath. Also, please, not zoomed, since it just makes everything blurry and absolutely impossible to tell what the items they have look like, and it would be useful if one screenshot they had nothing equipped so I can see hairstyle/markings/colours.
    ADDITIONAL DETAILS WANTED : Accesories, piercings, weapons, something they're holding. Unfortunately given how the pose is, they will not be able to hold anything two-handed. Wings are also out since I'm lazy.
    QUICK DESCRIPTION OF CHARACTER: A quick personality description so I can get the expression right, anything that doesn't show up on the screenshot (e.g. scars), anything important to them. Also eye colour, since you can't see it in screenshots.
    NAMES OF ITEMS WORN/USED : If you know them, it'll be helpful, since then I can look up what they look like without the confusion of other items around them. If not, quick description would help (for example, sometimes really hard to tell if characters are wearing boots/shoes/barefoot).​

CURRENT WAIT LIST

1. QuinnZeRussianFloran
    2. Stealth Cop
    3. Kaiachi
    4. Bootlessfurball
    5. FlyingAnonymoose
    6. Mega flapper
    7. shannyxvx
    8. thepixelated1up
    9. rhomboid

RULES

1. One per person at a time. You can request again after your first request has been completed.
    2. They're free, but if you do post them on other places please credit me (you can link to my deviantart or my twitter, I don't mind)
    3. If you're rude/ignore what I've posted here, I reserve the right to skip your request.

FINISHED REQUESTS

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
  2. rhomboid

rhomboid 0118 999 881 99 9119 725... 3

ARE YOU TAKING REQUESTS.

SleepySquidd and Captain Karo like this.
  3. larren101

I'm thinking of making it more like an adoptable, so I'm going to come up with one decent looking pose and adapt it for all the races, then do requests on top of that (it saves a lot of time, since then I only need to draw hair/clothing/weapon, and if I ever get a request with one of the same bits I've already got the lines drawn). It's work in the beginning to get it all drawn up, but I'd also release all the base lines so people can draw their character on top. :) Been asking around to see if people will still want this (characters will look fairly similar, since they'll be in the same pose in the same drawing style) but might be quite cute to have it looks like a little dress up game? ^^

I might still take a few requests, though I'd prefer to do sketchy things like

[​IMG]

(sorry about the non-starbound image, I would have linked it but I can't post external links yet. :x)

4. SleepySquidd

SleepySquidd Tragically Magic Hands

I love your art style! If you ever start taking requests please let me know! :)

shannyxvx and larren101 like this.
  5. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

Your art is lovely, ma'am.

6. larren101

Thanks everyone! I'm working on a pose for the idea I posted above (one chibi style pose to use for a bunch of requests) so if anyone fancies giving me critique/comments I'd really appreciate it and I'd draw your character on it first in return. :) Would especially like comments as I try to adapt it for the various races, as some (glitch and hylotl in particular) I'm not totally sure about how they look like without loads of clothing and armoir on. ^^

shannyxvx likes this.
  7. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

I really admire the way you draw chibis, they're very high quality. I believe I can help you with different aspects of starbound race anatomy, if you need some pointers on them! The only thing I can see for your floran up there is that they usually have a leaf (like the ones on their arms and legs) around their neck also, and usually on the shoulders as well! :D

Your sketchy drawing is very excellent!

8. larren101

Hm, what I meant is like:

[​IMG]

I'll then adjust the base when it's done so it'll fit all the races (like adding beaks and claws for avians, the leaves and stuff for florans) so I can just draw on top.

Looking for comments on this at the moment. Anything, no matter how picky. :) For instance I think the shoulders may be too square? and I'm not sure about the hands. :x your advice would be appreciated.

9. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

Will you be making separate base shapes for male and female characters? For the one you drew there, I think that's fine for a female (because the shoulders are more narrow than the hips, thin neck, rounded face, etc. Then again, for chibis, males and females look the same!
    People in the forums here frequently like to hold things, so I'd make one hand relaxed, and one hand available to look like its holding something, perhaps? Swords/guns/hats are very common.

10. larren101

Yeah,
    Yeah, I plan on editting the hand to fit with whatever they're holding -- I was going to try and do one fisted like it's holding something, but the grip on different items is so different and redrawing a hand requires all of about five lines so I'll just redraw them to fit with whatever's being held. :)

Anyway, I've cleaned up the lines a bit, so I'll start taking requests. :)

shannyxvx, Kaiachi and SleepySquidd like this.
  11. Tatterdemalion

Tatterdemalion Phantasmal Quasar

And the madness begins.

12. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman Void-Bound Voyager

NAME OF CHARACTER: Nenwef Runihura
    RACE: Avian
    LINK TO SCREENSHOTS OF CHARACTER: http://i.imgur.com/sr7113i.jpg http://i.imgur.com/QADtxaK.jpg
    ADDITIONAL DETAILS WANTED : The mohawk is a bit smaller than how it is show ingame, since holy cow thats a huge do. He's got a duck bill, palpatates, (Webbed feet), and feather hands (No talons).
    QUICK DESCRIPTION OF CHARACTER: A happy, enthusiastic, homosexual Avian.
    NAMES OF ITEMS WORN/USED : The Belly-Shirt picture has the Pirate Pants and the Avian Belly-Shirt. The punk one has the human jacket with undershirt and just a pair of jeans.
    NOTE: Feel free to draw whichever one you want! I just posted both of them so you can see what color fluff his belly is, and incase you have trouble with one of them and want to swap over.
    EXTRA NOTE: If you want him to be holding something, he uses a crude machete for whacking around in the forests when he goes planet hopping.

larren101 likes this.
  13. Nibolas O Anelbozas

Nibolas O Anelbozas Spaceman Spiff

That's impressive! You do have talent and i'm looking towards more u_u

larren101 likes this.
  14. QuinnZeRussianFloran

QuinnZeRussianFloran Void-Bound Voyager

NAME OF CHARACTER: Mika Hitaru
    RACE: Hylotl
    LINK TO SCREENSHOTS OF CHARACTER: http://imgur.com/mHVWt30 , http://imgur.com/n1YiJqe
    ADDITIONAL DETAILS WANTED : None
    QUICK DESCRIPTION OF CHARACTER: Nothing that shouldn't be discernable from the screenshot, rather bored expression would be preferred.
    NAMES OF ITEMS WORN/USED : Staff seen in the first Screenshot, The santa hat as well.

larren101 likes this.
  15. Stealth Cop

Stealth Cop Void-Bound Voyager

Loving the ones you've done so far. Definitely looking forward to the stuff you're making for people. Will post my character as soon as the forum lets me add links to things![DOUBLEPOST=1438116746][/DOUBLEPOST]Oooh! Taking requests now are we?

The madness does, in fact, begin.

NAME OF CHARACTER: Anistasiya
    RACE: Human
    LINK TO SCREENSHOTS OF CHARACTER: http://i.imgur.com/rj6lI08.jpg http://i.imgur.com/KUtxYwO.jpg
    ADDITIONAL DETAILS WANTED : No accesories or piercings, there is a small gun but it's random generated so I can't really give you a better picture than this.
    QUICK DESCRIPTION OF CHARACTER: A nice and adventurous, intelligent young lady, who will violently murder you if necessary.
    NAMES OF ITEMS WORN/USED : Scavenger's Breastplate, Scavenger's Pants, Glitch Crown, and a Hiker Backpack. The backpack isn't necessary, so add it if you want it. I assume it falls under the same category of not wanting to draw wings.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
  16. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

I would like to make a request, please.
    NAME OF CHARACTER: Kaia
    RACE: Novakid
    LINK TO SCREENSHOTS OF CHARACTER: I can give you screenshots through spoilers here:
    OCtscQe.png This is the ingame reference. And my profile picture is my version of her. I'll give ya the full size:
    Kaiachi.png

ADDITIONAL DETAILS WANTED : I would like to put emphasis on the weapon, if anything. It's like a sword, but it has a double barrel shotgun at the end.
    QUICK DESCRIPTION OF CHARACTER: She's an outlaw, pretty much. Not mean, but very tough. The brand on her face is broken from a fight, so it would be like pieces of metal.
    NAMES OF ITEMS WORN/USED : She wears a dastardly eyepatch (not necessary unless you want to), Ragged cape, and the Novakid Bandit armor (without the hat).

17. Bootlessfurball

Bootlessfurball Void-Bound Voyager

NAME OF CHARACTER: Lullaby Philharmonica
    RACE: Human
    LINK TO SCREENSHOTS OF CHARACTER: http://images.akamai.steamuserconte...837/71D4E7B9AF8CF86BD89AF33C841549E04AAE90B8/ http://images.akamai.steamuserconte...748/29F1E8E23F5DCE9CC950F87B70E50F079B5918BF/
    ADDITIONAL DETAILS WANTED : If an electric Bass is too big to add, an ocarina will do for an item. Green Eyes. Pink undershirt instead of yellow, Please. The dye mod I used broke so i couldn't color it for screencap ;-; Happy face :D I like the pose your character has but If its easier to use the template, that's fine too! Thanks for doing these ^_^
    QUICK DESCRIPTION OF CHARACTER: A cute girl with Pink hair in her mid-twenties that loves to play musical instruments in her free time, When she isn't adventuring with her friends.
    NAMES OF ITEMS WORN/USED : Pilot Jacket, Skinny Jeans, Ocarina

Thanks for doing these for everyone, They're really cool! :)

Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
  18. SleepySquidd

SleepySquidd Tragically Magic Hands

NAME OF CHARACTER: Liz
    RACE: Felin (Pretty much just a human w/ cat ears & tail)
    LINK TO SCREENSHOTS OF CHARACTER:

starcat.jpg
    wat.JPG

ADDITIONAL DETAILS WANTED : Just the black scarf around her neck :)
    QUICK DESCRIPTION OF CHARACTER: A jovial spacecat that is always happy to help out and lend a hand :D
    NAMES OF ITEMS WORN/USED : Red Converse, Black scarf, Blue generic long-sleeved shirt and some slim jeans :cool:

19. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman Void-Bound Voyager

You called it. Aether above, look at all these posts...

SleepySquidd likes this.
  20. Mega flapper

Mega flapper Existential Complex

Last edited: Jul 29, 2015