1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed STARBOUND BETA: BUGS DATABASE (UPBEAT GIRAFFE) -Bug testers needed

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Alucard I, Dec 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kayuko

Kayuko Oxygen Tank

Update your graphics card driver, it that doesn't help your system does not support openGL 2.0.
    This is a requirement for Starbound.
    You can then try the non-openGL 32 bit version.

2. Brickman63

Brickman63 Orbital Explorer

Where can i get the non-openGL 32 bit?

3. Kayuko

Kayuko Oxygen Tank

If you have starbound you already have the 32 bit version.
    steamapps/common/win32/starbound.exe

4. Ahicks111

Ahicks111 Poptop Tamer

• Version of Starbound you're playing: Spirited Giraffe (May 8th 2015)
    • Bug classification: Client-side
    • Is the bug really dangerous: 3 or 0
    • Shorten the bug you found into a one or two sentences. game wont load only gives me this error crash.PNG
    • Write how you found your bug, maybe it's important too (optional). i tried to load up the game through the client I just normally clicked "launch starbound" game starts to load but then this appears

5. zato23

zato23 Orbital Explorer

sure ill help i love this game

6. Happyguy0205

Happyguy0205 Void-Bound Voyager

This is a very minor bug, maybe not even a starbound bug. I prefer windowed mode because i like to perform other tasks while playing games, but a few seconds after switching to windowed mode my mac cursor shows up on top of the starbound cursor. This is very obnoxious since they are out of sync. I know, this is like the tiniest bug imaginable, but if anyone knows how to fix it the help would be much appreciated! :)

7. DJFlare84

DJFlare84 Spaceman Spiff

Minor bug - Recipe for crafting Ice Block may not be obtained even if you have obtained ice. Does not seem to be an issue that will correct itself after repeated ice-harvesting.

Currently playing - Spirited Giraffe

8. MrDrMuffinPants

MrDrMuffinPants Void-Bound Voyager

Found a bug

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I was working on some buildings for a colony and I came back to see that they were multiplying. There are only two deeds in the building. Restarting the game did not fix the issue and neither did leaving the planet.

9. dar601

dar601 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

10. Arctostaphylos

Arctostaphylos Space Hobo

Good day,

I haven't seen this bug reported but also haven't been following this forum.
    It is 1) minor bug.

Am playing Spirited Giraffe Update 5

Bug relating to fluids.
    No crash associated.

When water is very slowly added to any fluid it becomes that fluid. In other words I can slowly pour a small amount of water onto some oil to make more oil. If you are careful you can do the same seemingly with all fluids including lava... though lava may become magmarock if it is done too quickly.

This has lead me to making a station for generating oil this way but I doubt it is meant to be part of the game.

11. poster55

poster55 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Problem:
    Game performance drops significantly when playing near the planet core.

Testing:
    To enhance this effect for the purpose of testing (it can be experienced without doing this, but this is for the sake of time to discover), create a modded tool that increases mining speed with the matter manipulator or other tools to be instant or near instant and the radius to 5 blocks.

Beam to a planet (Any planet that allows mining) and dig your way to the core, leaving anywhere from 1-5 blocks between you and the lava.

Travel at normal speed in the same direction while holding left click.

Place tiles as needed to create a smooth walking path until the planet loop/wrap is met. This will give you a flat, even surface to continue testing.

Walk in the same direction as before, holding left, or right click (doesn't matter if you're doing foreground or background at this point) and mine the blocks above and ahead of your character while walking (so you pick them up while they fall. This can be as easy as holding left/right mouse and D)

Expected Results:
    You will experience terrain pop-in. The terrain will fail to load in large gaps that will then require stopping movement until the game to catches up and loads the environment. The area ahead will appear completely blank in a verticle bar. At times this will be just a small gap ranging 5-8 blocks wide with terrain continuing on the opposite side. Other times a larger area is absent, up to going off screen.

The time it takes for the game to catch up ranges, sometimes only a few seconds, others, a minute or more.

You will also experience a trail of blocks floating after the player, of an ever increasing length from the pickup effect. The blocks won't ever float fast enough to catch up with a player moving at normal pace which results in ever increasing system load. This enhances the effect of terrain pop-in but, it is not the sole cause. Terrain pop-in can be experienced by simply walking in the same direction for a few minutes near the planet core without mining.

Version and Classification:

• Version(s): Spirited Giraffe, Current Unstable, in 32-bit, 32-bit OpenGL, 64-bit OpenGL
    • Date: 6/15/2015 (15th of June 2015)
    • Bug classification: 3 (The game performance can become unplayable even on high-end systems);

Systems tested on:
    High-End:
    • GPU: 780 Ti
    • CPU: i5 processor overclocked
    • Storage: Raid - high performance SSDs
    • Ram: High performance ram (16 gb)
    Slightly lower-end system:
    • GPU: 880m
    • CPU: i7
    • Ram: 24gb ram
    • Storage: Single SSD

Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
  12. voyageur

voyageur Scruffy Nerf-Herder

PNJ magic clonage :

Hi i got this pnj confined into a house, that's not the only house with a pnj confined on the planet but this one duplicate his self.
    At first i kill twoo clones, but they come again.
    (It is based on a multiplayer server)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 27, 2015
  13. Krake

Krake Void-Bound Voyager

so, my game just closes when ever i try to "portal". Normal teleporting to and from ship is fine, but challenge rooms and the outpost gate computer thing instantly makes my game close.
    Ram overload? no error message. This is happening on mod free nightly build.

Update: This was fixed in the next Nightly. Goodjob.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
  14. Blake81

Blake81 Cosmic Narwhal

I got the same issue, and based on what the starbound.log says, it seems all of the isolated worlds (Outpost, Challenge Rooms, Missions, etc) got their handle changed from ''InstanceWorld'' to ''UniqueWorld'' and this change hasn't been corrected. So, when the portal tries to load the ''InstanceWorld'', it says that such WorldId isn't valid and causes a CTD. This will be fixed in the next Nightly (hopefully).

15. RatixFarrence

RatixFarrence Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Moderate Bug: This is related to another bug where if a large flying monster is hit with a certain weapon they may attempt to swoop into the ground being unable to move. (It looks as if it has been fixed as I have not been able to duplicate this, maybe due to AI behavior adjustment) It seems the bug now only it affects minibossflying. After using the lunar laser, and successfully hitting the monster, the minibossflying will then change its target to the lunar laser, The next time the bird attempts to swoop it will be stuck in the ground as with the previous bug report. I was only able to duplicate this bug with minibossflying. largeflying, smallflying, and bonebird all work fine. It may be due to the overly agressive AI toward the hate target, and the fact that the lunar laser is anchored to the ground.

16. Karmonit

Karmonit Space Hobo

Version: Spirited Giraffe-Update 5
    Bug Classification: Quests ,Npc
    Level: 2
    Short: Cant geht certain Quests
    I did the Psst Quest and unlocked the Sparrow Class Upgrade , which I couldn't use though. Then I took the first Part of the Dreadwing Mission and flew to a different Planet to get the required Titanium . After I had Titanium Armor I tried the Quest a few Times and noticed that there were a lot of Quests that should get unlockable after the Psst Quest. But but I couldn't take them.
    The Npcs that would give you the Quests are just fine and everything else too.

17. Veloxia

Veloxia Void-Bound Voyager

Spirited Giraffe (Multiplayer Server with one other player)

Item and Inventory Bug
    Minor
    Sometimes when clicking and moving items to another storage, they will drop and be picked up back into your inventory.

Client-Side Party System Bug
    Moderate
    If you are in a party as a party member and not a leader, and leave the party via the button on your icon, then the add member button disappears. You have to log out of the server and back in for it to return.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
  18. daddychainmail

daddychainmail Void-Bound Voyager

Recent Nightly update missing Apex10tier item. Does not load properly unless you unzip base file.

19. Masich

Masich Subatomic Cosmonaut

Version: Spirited Giraffe
    Bug Classification:
    Monsters and Enemies
    Description: Not dangerous, but an inconvenience. Artificial background walls and lighting are supposed to prevent monster spawning, however this does not work.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
  20. Isabellone

Isabellone Space Hobo

Hey..hi...new here...or better to stuff like that in general but i found a lil bug that really annoys me and my friends (don't know about others tho)...if i move a full chest or vault (packed till the limits) normally all the stuff pops out and the items you can't hold stay on the ground but i noticed now that half of my items just disappeared.
    I tired this with other full chests and even with an empty inventory,some items just disappear.

I don't know if that is helping or even important but i wanted to point that out that this happened to me and my friends.

Thanks for the awesome work guys and sry if i'm wrong here or so...is my first time :'D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.