1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Starbound BETA: Bugs Database LU 8.29.14 (Not for nightly)

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Alucard I, Dec 6, 2013.

?

Are *you* helping developers to fix all the bugs?

1. Of course! I'm the most helpful here! :)

69.7%
  2. Nah, I'm too busy playing this awesome game. :D

30.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aroxys

Aroxys Scruffy Nerf-Herder

[​IMG]

X Tania Australis Minoris IV ? (Can't tell what letter it uses.)

X: -19655855
    Y: 48101393

Volcanic Planet that is threat level eight and looks red, grey, and black from orbit. There is an Apex Testing Course located a considerable distance to the left of the starting point, but the course failed to generate properly, cutting out only the Tech room.

This was a pretty annoying thing to run into. You can tell that the course was supposed to have loaded the treasure room, but because of the proximity of the first part of the testing course it didn't take and the rest was filled in with obsidian. I didn't try digging it out, but I figured there's no point. Pretty minor thing overall, but I figured I should point it out.

2. Emrys Thomas

Emrys Thomas Void-Bound Voyager

Yea..., had that happen to me before as well. Quite annoying. I have also gotten pretty poor loot from the final room anyway on other occasions. So there is that as well.

3. AxelRantila

AxelRantila Big Damn Hero

Minor annoyance that I noticed. As you can see here, all planets are very close to each other, particularly the bottom 2. It is possible to separate the last 2 ones though, but the boxes is pretty small

(Windows 7)

2014-08-18_00002.jpg

4. willpill35

willpill35 Subatomic Cosmonaut

only just started playing with the nightly updates the last few days and i noticed one bug right off not sure if this has been reported before but i wanted to make sure it was known. Sometimes when killing a monster with a weapon that also catches the monster on fire even though there hp box is empty they can still attack like normal but no longer will no longer be able to be hit and will continue to attack like normal without the ability to stop them i have also noticed this with the bow as well. It may be that if the enemy hp is brought exactly to zero and not taking overflow damage that this happens.

5. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

This thread is not for Nighty Bugs. This is for stable. It even says it in the title!
    You should report that in the Nightly subforum of the "In-Game & Billing Support" forum.

6. bayley

bayley Cosmic Narwhal

Damn,i haven't seen a thread with as many pages as this since the RP on another forms.

7. dropdead

dropdead Big Damn Hero

bug_coldDayswarmNights.jpg

This planet has pretty cold days, so my character needs to warm up frequently. Though when the nights come, it´s warm enough so I do not need a fire. This might not be the intended behaviour.

Edit:
    Just went to another one in the same system. Even colder days - the nights are still cold but not quite as much as the days.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
  8. Alucard I

Alucard I King Homestuck I

I wonder if nights on snow planets should really be warmer than days...

9. willpill35

willpill35 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Ok thanks and sorry did not see the other thread or I would have.

10. dropdead

dropdead Big Damn Hero

I've found a toxic chest blueprint but after learning it, it didn't vanish:

toxicChestBlueprint.jpg

Last edited: Aug 23, 2014
  11. Alucard I

Perhaps you already knew it? If you learned the blueprint before, it won't disappear next time you use it.

12. dropdead

dropdead Big Damn Hero

@Alucard I: I am aware of that but no, I didn't know it.
    I was quite surprised - I didn't even know there was an item called "toxic chest".
    I found it, learned it (the first message was "learned to craft a new item") and then it didn't vanish.

13. Alucard I

hmm, I see. Are you playing nightly version perhaps?

14. dropdead

dropdead Big Damn Hero

@Alucard I: I can see for myself that sometimes people post here about the nightly version although it says quite blatantly in the thread name "(Not for nightly)". So to answer your question: no, I do not.

15. Alucard I

I see. Then I'll add this to bug list. Just to be sure please, test this on other character.

16. dropdead

dropdead Big Damn Hero

You want me to go all the way again with a new character? If there was a cheat to spare me the bloody penguin... okay... but strangely enough the old one /ruinthefun does not work anymore. IS there still a cheat like that?
    Aside from that it is a tad late now (10:13 pm) - to play to this point will make me fall asleep on my keyboard tomorrow.
    And between us - the last time I sneaked around the penguin the same way although I summonded him later on anyway - to soothe my guilty conscience. :X

17. Alucard I

You can leave this item at some planet and visit it with a new character. Knowing that it doesn't know the blueprint, you can safely check if it works or not.

dropdead likes this.
  18. dropdead

dropdead Big Damn Hero

Well, I wasn't THAT clever. Figuring there might be something dubious in the script or somewhere else in the code, I just wanted the thing gone, so I fed it to the waste processor. But of course I should know better - I don't know how many hours I wasted hunting some sneaky bug - most of the time it's not as easy as it seems.

By the way you've had a bloody good idea there:
    I will put a post-it on my forehead!

I was always curious if I could visit the house of another character - guess you told me. Should make the penguin a has-been - when I come home I'll make a care-packet for a new character. Gonna rip him... his stubby wings off.

Edit: Although it won`t really help if I don't reset my universum . and I don't want to do that. Maybe someone else can try. I shouldn't have thrown the blueprint away but to late.[DOUBLEPOST=1409005718][/DOUBLEPOST]Don't know if this is really an issue because I use an old flatscreen with max. resolution 1024x768. The green stuff is the gras and depending where my guy is standing it looks like this:

GraslandsBackground.jpg

The gras just ends and the night sky peeks through.

[Yeah who uses such a relic of a flatscreen but sometimes you have to make do.]

Last edited: Aug 25, 2014
  19. 5bap

5bap Void-Bound Voyager

Holding a randomly generated weapon in your right hand will cause the players arm to be weirdly positioned when facing left. The same applies for the left hand facing he other way.

Example:
    2014-08-26_00004.jpg

Last edited: Aug 26, 2014
  20. One of Six

One of Six Phantasmal Quasar

Defense turrets aiming to the right side of the screen target enemies even when facing a hill or a roof. Defense turrets facing left side of the screen when facing a hill or roof often do not target enemies at all unless the enemy touches the turret. Defense turrets facing left side of screen but placed above and beyond the apex of hill or roof will target enemies at long range. Defense turret behavior is inconsistent.

turretbug.png

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.