1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Starbound BETA: Bugs Database LU 8.29.14 (Not for nightly)

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Alucard I, Dec 6, 2013.

?

Are *you* helping developers to fix all the bugs?

1. Of course! I'm the most helpful here! :)

69.7%
  2. Nah, I'm too busy playing this awesome game. :D

30.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pandera

Pandera Lucky Number 13

The game crash when ever i enter the navigation system i have to reload the game from the start and then its working ....if i move on other planet and then try to access it again it does the same i get a black screen and crash

2. telles0808

telles0808 Cosmic Narwhal

Copy and past the content of your starbound.log. It's a file inside the starbound main folder.

3. nightsky30

nightsky30 Space Hobo

The Fireflower decorative item has a name with a period in it, "Fireflower."

When trying to scan in a "White Flower" decorative item using the 3d printer, the item shows up under "Other" while other flowers show up in "Decorative"

4. nightsky30

nightsky30 Space Hobo

There are multiple "graffiti" decorative items. One has a name with a period in it, "Graffiti."

5. nightsky30

nightsky30 Space Hobo

I cannot scan the Sandstone chest into the 3d printer despite having enough pixels.

6. Pallladium

Pallladium Space Spelunker

yes for sure i know now that trying to warp to any Volcanic planet is infinite warp i cant get to any i try to get to in the x sector

7. Classy Narwhal

Classy Narwhal Space Hobo

I'm unable to join servers, after last week, trying to join servers ends with the game crashing.

8. Meester-Stoo

Meester-Stoo Orbital Explorer

When placing a glitch guard spawner and then leaving to allow a guard to spawn, a floran guard spawns instead.

9. Sirsir94

Sirsir94 Orbital Explorer

Cheap Lights cost 50 pixels to craft and 500 to print

10. Khromm

Khromm Void-Bound Voyager

Ship engine(s) no longer flare when the ship is in transit (used to be that the bottom ones would fire when leaving/entering orbit and the main back one flared during FTL travel; no longer seems to happen, vanilla game)

11. LyricPony

LyricPony Void-Bound Voyager

Hello everyone! Got a bit of a problem....
    It's never happened before.

I was playing my Floran character, and when I went on the Starmap searching for a specific coordinate for the mod "Your Starship Crew" to rescue Love-Jones, the first crewmember, after searching for a couple minutes in the Beta sector, the game crashed on me. I tried to start it back up, thinking it might have just had a light bug, and found that whenever I try to get into the game, an error message comes up saying:

AssetBackendException: Asset database ../assets/packed.pak is missing
    006E3BE2
    (/Users/builder/starbound-slave/releasebuilder-windows/build/source/game/StarAssetsBackend.hpp:12)
    ... (2)
    (/Users/builder/starbound-slave/releasebuilder-windows/build/source/game/StarRoot.cpp:66)
    004EC0C1 (\SDL-1.2.12/./src/main/win32/SDL_win32_main.c:318)

(This is followed by a second window saying the following)

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files
    (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Starbound\win32\starbound.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
    Please contrac the application's support team for more information.

(If anyone can help me, please do. I love this game and love playing it, and I don't want to have it defective for long...)

Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
  12. Tek2974

Tek2974 Void-Bound Voyager

Shift clicking an item into a full ship inventory or chest crashes the game immediately. Was not present before Enraged Koala.

-Tio- and tacoswithfriends like this.
  13. Dyskord

Dyskord Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Same here, sadly no clues in the log. Occurs on Debian GNU/Linux 64bit for me. Game locks up, music / background sound still plays, and i have to kill the game.

14. [FIXED]
    The Magma/Volcanic planet bug where the ship fails to exit travel mode has been fixed as of Enraged Koala

15. Dyskord

Dyskord Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Not sure if bug or intentional:
    Interrogation Tables dont act as bed anymore, i.e. not interactable.
    Breaking and re-placing them works.

Also:
    Barren Planets still dont seem to exist, however i did not start a new universe.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
  16. tacoswithfriends

tacoswithfriends Subatomic Cosmonaut

I had the Shift + click to a full box as well.

I also had to break my bed and replace it to sleep in it.

17. tacoswithfriends

Try breaking the bed and putting it back down.

Dyskord likes this.
  18. -Tio-

-Tio- Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I also have the shift click bug

19. tacoswithfriends

Impervium Lights can only face one way (towards the right). Not both. :/

20. DrDee

DrDee Seal Broken

New Version Bug found:
    I had Starmap Upd. Mk II and III in my Inventory (leftovers).
    Therefore that no maps are there after Update, I clicked them.
    Now the Bug: B and C-Sector are visible as Button in Map view. A-Sector is not there. I can't travel to A-Planets when I looked at B or C Planets unless i leave the Chair and do it again. While i am in A-Sector... perhaps (not tried yet) When i'll be in B or C, I won't be able to get back to A ...

bug_starbound_maps_A_B_C.jpg

Greets

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.