1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Starbound BETA: Bugs Database LU 8.29.14 (Not for nightly)

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Alucard I, Dec 6, 2013.

?

Are *you* helping developers to fix all the bugs?

1. Of course! I'm the most helpful here! :)

69.7%
  2. Nah, I'm too busy playing this awesome game. :D

30.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. screaminediot

screaminediot Starship Captain

whenever you activate the human mech (i am playing human race)
    on uneven ground
    in mid air
    or when there isnt enough ground
    your speakers ear rape you and the game's frame rate drops off. i was murdered twice because such,
    your game does not freeze and this subsides after you leave the mech (OR MURDERED)

2. screaminediot

screaminediot Starship Captain

sentry guns target pocket monsters (captured ones) which made me look like a dolt shooting at something offscreen till i realized it was my sentry
    they also target civilians (like glitches in castles) and probably ones that are artificially spawned (not confirmed)

3. Mendacium

Mendacium Industrial Terraformer

Bug regarding Item description:

The Basic Oven tool tip identifies the item as a "storage container". The Basic Oven is actually a cooking/crafting item

4. jamiejet101

jamiejet101 Void-Bound Voyager

i have a bug my characters disappear and then reappear every once in a while

5. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

I noticed while making my mod that there is a minor error in the blocks. I making a personal mod that adds recipes to existing things already in game. I don't know if was mentioned before, but the mossy packed dirt is just a replica of packed dirt. Well beyond the racial descriptions. The short description & the item icon reference are that of packed dirt. So it appears that the mossy packed dirt icon is not used in this case even though I think it is suppose to be linked to the mossy packed dirt item.

If this was intentional, then why have the inventory icon for mossy packed dirt... Anyway figured I would point that out in case that it wasn't intentional. :D

6. Mozai

Mozai Void-Bound Voyager

Display bug / glitch, repeatable.

When on planet, while underground, the background texture (the "paralax" texture?) will flicker start white+black before changing to a different texture and colour. This happens at different altitudes on different planets.

Steps to reproduce:
    - go to Alpha Beid 537 II (Alpha Sector, X:110, Y:9)
    - dig down to a little below player position == { ???, 932 } [ I'll call this y=932 ]
    - using a mining tool, dig out a large area, both foreground and background tiles.
    - jump up and down through an imaginary horizontal line at y=932
    - watch the background textures flicker black-and-white before changing

I also saw this on Alpha Lambda And 077 II b (Alpha Sector, X:8, Y:11) when digging above & below y=148

Client version 'Beta v. Furious Koala' '636'
    OpenGL version: '3.3.0 NVIDIA 319.32' vender: 'NVIDIA Corporation' renderer: 'Quadro NVS 160M/PCIe/SSE2' shader: '3.30 NVIDIA via Cg compiler'
    Linux 32-bit
    Ubuntu 13.04

7. Stuckinacave

Stuckinacave Space Hobo

I've searched this thread to see if this acid rain bug has been posted or not, and have not come across it, so sorry in advance if it's a know bug.

After finding a suitable planet to build an outpost town, I later realized it suffered from acid rain. Instead of packing up and leaving the planet, I decided to put the town into a glass bubble to protect it. I built some very tall supports (over a super jump tall) and began to place glass blocks to stop the acid rain. However, when I returned to back to ground level, and the "protective blocks" are off screen (because they are waaaay), the acid rain drops in. If I jump up and see the "protective blocks" the acid rain is blocked off.

EDIT: Okay, tested this a bit more. If I stand under the area with the protective blocks, but can't see them, the acid rain effect will occur, but I won't actually be damaged by the acid rain.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
  8. ThePwn

ThePwn Astral Cartographer

I noticed a bug where when I break chests, I lose items. I was rearranging my ship today and I broke everything on it. After collecting everything and reorganizing I noticed there were multiple items missing.

9. Sirsir94

Sirsir94 Orbital Explorer

So.. I just summoned Fatal Circuit... and he didn't attack me. He behaved like a neutral mob, only attacking when I did, leaving me alone after I stopped hitting him for a bit and hiding in this little obsidian hole I made. Even when I came back out I could walk around him plenty without him going for me

10. d4ni3lb

d4ni3lb Master Chief

-When it rains on a natural water source, the rain water has a lighter color than the natural one. It looks weird.
    -Books placed in shelves or tables are solid. Its awkward having to jump over the furniture inside the house, and I like the way the books make my house look intelectual. :p
    -Some books when placed in the glitch shelve dissapear. Placing 6 books over the shelve turn out to be actually 2 in the end.

Really loved the game, keep the hard work! :D

neil_v likes this.
  11. I could have just missed it -- but I'm posting because I didn't see it listed;

[Client Side Bug]

neil_v likes this.
  12. BlackPortalz

BlackPortalz Yeah, You!

i have the same problem, is there anyway to resolve this? i can't go to any other planet since i traveled to the magma planet.

13. neil_v

neil_v Big Damn Hero

I too have this problem. My Brother had this problem as well, but we updated his GPU driver and now it works fine for him. This method did not work for me.

14. Rootmuncher

Rootmuncher Void-Bound Voyager

I thought its worth noting that even after exiting and loading back you still lose the fuel you would have used from traveling there.

15. talichan

talichan Tentacle Wrangler

Played from the very start with a friend of mine, he didn't really understand how it worked, so we put coal in his AND mine tank, to leave the first planet.
    I sat down on his ship and put in the coordinates and pressed go, it used up his fuel and my ship travelled. We couldn't ever reproduce it the other way round so I guess it's only if both are on the very first planet.

16. ChoMar

ChoMar Orbital Explorer

Im sure its in here, but getting annoying:
    Playing on a Linuxserver (deb 64 wheezy) from a Windows 7 machine.
    Jump hangs up regulary, two and-a-half outcomes:
    - synchronising clock time (or something) just hangs
    - loop, takes forever, doesnt reach destination

sometimes, after logging out and back in, im on the target destination.

17. zwanglos

zwanglos Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The self-replicating guards strike again...

[​IMG]

18. chuprassi

chuprassi Void-Bound Voyager

Here's a bug, I'm stuck in warp space, about to log out and back in, but it's kind of funny, been in warp for about 10 minutes, lol!
    UPDATE:
    Warping from Sector X
    546682293 -63099877
    X 54 Leo 00 V a

Warping to Sector X
    54668293 -63099877
    X 54 Leo 00 III a

Still endless warping

Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
  19. sneakyarrow

sneakyarrow Master Chief

Agaran in SPAAACCEEE!! Wait, no. I mean in lava.

I found them like this.

Attached Files:

20. Sirsir94

Sirsir94 Orbital Explorer

Spawners look like they can be printed... but they can't, they just get consumed :zzz:

Also I found a Star with no planets. The X Calliope 79 System. Not sure if its a bug but it shouldn't be there... At least it shouldn't show up on the map as a potential location

Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.