1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED [Starbound 1.0+] Tanz Hunger Overhaul 1.3.0

A general hunger overhaul to help improve how the mechanic feels.

1. Fluke2

Fluke2 Orbital Explorer

Question, what is the difference between the overhaul and the alternate?

2. TanzNukeTerror

TanzNukeTerror Ketchup Robot

The alternate one doesn't slow hunger regen or half the food value. It basically just slows hunger drain. I'd have to double-check, as I've not taken a look in a while.

3. mikeloeven

mikeloeven Big Damn Hero

Thanks for fixing the game! Honestly Food has a perceived importance to survival which is just not accurate. In terms of actual importance there is something called the rule of 3's the average human in hostile conditions can survive 3 minutes without air 3 hours without shelter (assuming freezing or desert conditions) 3 days without water and three weeks without food! so honestly the most unrealistic mechanic in ANY survival game has always been the hunger mechanics not only do they make you eat way too frequently, but food from farming or hunting never has realistic nutrient values ie. That a giant alien monster dropped meat which should last me days but I ate it all in one sitting and am still hungry.

4. Silverforte

Silverforte Spaceman Spiff

That's hilarious. The average human cannot hold their breath longer than 30-40 seconds at most without training. 3 minutes? No.