[STABLE] Content Updates & Bug Fixes!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Alastor_Samedi

Alastor_Samedi Space Hobo

Even without mods my Starbound seems to crash on it's own...anyone have ideas on how to fix that?

2. 7Vec7Zus

7Vec7Zus Void-Bound Voyager

Well, thats not a good sign.. I haven't tried it vanilla since the update. So idk man sounds like a bug to me. Others were saying servers were having issues as well but that could be mod related..

3. Jardi-Gol

Jardi-Gol Big Damn Hero

Well, I'm happy that our server is more stable with this fix. I'm using Avali, Familiars and Kemodo Races on the server and they seems to be working fine :)
    Let's see if there's any issues coming.

4. Maks2123

Maks2123 Void-Bound Voyager

Ehm... The update caused that I can't create new charakters and too play the new ones . I don't know any else problems because I weren't able to play. And I deinstaled all mods because version change and it didn't work so or so.

Ps. Sorry for my bad English ;)

5. [pixelmonster]

[pixelmonster] Big Damn Hero

Hoorah! Stability!

6. 7Vec7Zus

Well took all my mods off and made character just see if I was having issues. first time I loaded launcher it crashed. closed everything reloaded worked fine so idk seems like some inconsistent bugs perhaps with launcher. but im no computer expert.

7. Xyvecius

Xyvecius Phantasmal Quasar

Fix the boosterflames :D

8. Jardi-Gol

Jardi-Gol Big Damn Hero

That's odd. Try uninstall the game, delete the folder at the end of the unninstall, then install again.

9. Maks2123

But I did try it and it didn't work so or so.

10. Jardi-Gol

Jardi-Gol Big Damn Hero

Please, what error occurs on the game? Can you show us?

11. Maks2123

It's not an launching error. When I create a new charakter or play an old one the game just crashes what it didn't ever before. The game doesn't show a error screen or something it is just desapering and its so I wouldn't ever launch it.

12. 7Vec7Zus

This is kinda off topic but I don't wanna create a thread for something stupid probably to those computer experts. But my question is. Im building a ship with madtulip spaceship mod and currently have like 7 hours on this project. Don't wanna lose it. Now after the patch I copied and pasted my shipworld.file and pasted it in another folder. When he updates hes mod and I deleted the old one install new version. Put my shipworld.file back into my player folder will everything be okay?

13. Edroh

Edroh Void-Bound Voyager

First I must thank you guys, because I get an update now!
    But now:
    -When I choose my character in singleplayer, my game chrash with an other error report. (screen added)
    -After I close the error report it says:

"Runtime Error
    Program: C:\Program Files
    (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\win32\starbound.exe
    This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusal way.
    Please contact the application's support team for more information."

-When I start my server, my internet crash and I must reset completly erverything.
    -When I join on a server, I can't go on a planet.

I hope you guys can help me now completly, because I never have played singleplayer yet!
    (I'm sorry for my bad english, I'm german :))

My sytem:
    "Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.50GHz
    Installed RAM: 8,00 GB (7,89 GB usable)
    Systemtype: 64-Bit-operating system, x64-based processor
    Operating System: Windows 8.0

Attached Files:

14. Borgius

Borgius Tentacle Wrangler

when the server will be engaged and will control for admins?

15. ___MeRliN___

___MeRliN___ Guest

This new patch is as decent as some well done Fanarts to either Starbound or Pokemons like Gardevoir (Not the nasty R34 stuff) or Mesprit etc...

Pretty cool and I could use it as a desktop background. And the patch nodes are decent aswell.

16. SweFox

SweFox Guest

Don't expect that any time soon, it will be a long time and in the meantime you need to use a wrapper.

17. SweFox

SweFox Guest

Yes, don't play until he updates the mod and you will be fine.

18. Jardi-Gol

Jardi-Gol Big Damn Hero

Well, some works. I'm using Avali, Familiars and Kemodo Races on our server. But try the mods before placing on server.

19. SweFox

SweFox Guest

That wasn't what he was asking. I know some mods work, all the mods I have on my server are fixed.

20. Jardi-Gol

Jardi-Gol Big Damn Hero

Humm ok.