Spouse jealousy differs?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Michelrpg, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Michelrpg

Michelrpg Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So, I'm on my second playthrough. The first time I had a male farmer marry Leah, this second time I have a female character marry Maru. And I noticed two very distinctive differences between them;

The first being that Leah was always a superactive housewife; she'd cook breakfast and dinner all the time (and gave a lot of coffee), she'd water crops and fix fences on a regular basis. Maru on the other hand.... well it's been 3 seasons now and she has repaired my fences twice, watered crops maybe twice, and I don't even remember her cooking any food ever (though she has given me a bomb, a mega bomb, and a mining meal once).

The second, biggest difference between the two is jealousy. Oh lord, Leah is one possessive chick. Give a gift to any bachelor, she will immediately get mad at you. All the time.

Maru on the other hand, that girl is beyond zen with it. I have given gifts to nearly everyone in town on several occasions, and she didn't bat an eye, not once. It was a relief to have her be so easygoing, as leveling friendship with the bachelors/bachelorettes was a chore with leah.

Which brings me to the question... do different bachelors and bachelorettes have different jealousy settings? Will some of them become more jealous than others? What are your experiences so far?

• sunlite

sunlite Pangalactic Porcupine

I don't believe so, I think it's just RNG. But it's funny you say that because from my experience marrying Leah she was just like that lol

ChaosAzeroth likes this.
      • Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

I can't speak for anybody else. But my experiences with characters married to Alex and Emily lead me to believe the jealousy rate can, at least in some cases, be significantly different. Alex, roughly eight times out of ten, got jealous whenever I gifted another male character--and in general, got bad-humored after a while even when I didn't do so. I started keeping a lot of corn available just to deal with his moods.

Emily never got jealous when I gifted another female character. Nor did her mood shift downwards regularly without provocation.

Again, this may not mirror anybody else's experience with them, but I had to conclude, based on what I saw, that there are some variables involved which affect jealousy and gifting.

• ChaosAzeroth

ChaosAzeroth Existential Complex

It feels like RNG entirely based on what I've read and seen.

None of my spouses are very productive regardless. I don't gift other people at all and they don't get jealous but they don't do shit either. Shane half ass tries, bless him, but being marred to Shane's about been like being married to me.X3

Sindrawolf and Seismothesaurus like this.
          • LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

^ This. lol I've only encountered jealousy once and that was when I gave Alex a birthday gift while married to Seb. I think this was pre 1.1 though, that was supposed to have been fixed. I think it's all rng based now, as others have said.

• Alcopops

Alcopops Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I haven't seen Seb ever be jealous, not sure if I'm just lucky but feels like RNG yeah.

• Rauchschwalbe

Rauchschwalbe Cosmic Narwhal

I think it is RNG, yeah. Like the usual spouse interaction. For example Sebastian stood half of the time we were married in front of his vase, did nothing and said me more than once that I should earn money. For others it has been totally different. But maybe it is the programmed partner oracle in the game wanting to tell us who is good for us and who not? Lol

• Charity322

Charity322 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Wish the spouses could do something useful. I always have sprinklers and auto feed by the time I marry.

MsMeiriona likes this.
                  • Michelrpg

Michelrpg Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Honestly the one thing I need them to do is fix fences when necessary. I marry them for the completion of the game, anything they do extra is a bonus.

I did like Leah's obsession with giving me morning coffee though, that helped out a lot.

• wronghandle

wronghandle Star Wrangler

Wait, Leah can cook?! I had no idea. Mine kept admonishing me to appreciate the dandelions she'd grown with love and care.

• LuthienNightwolf

Coffee is the only thing Seb "cooks" for me. lol

I've stopped automating anything so when the spouse does it, it actually is useful.

• Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

Maybe you need to encourage her properly. Leave recipes artfully around the house for Dandelion julep. Dandelion au gratin. Roast Dandelion, with an apple in its mouth.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
                            nekoCrimson and wronghandle like this.
                          • wronghandle

wronghandle Star Wrangler

Brilliant!

• Stryder87

Stryder87 Giant Laser Beams

I run into it on a pretty consistant basis with everyone I've married. I had Maru, for the first time of any spouse, walk in the door last night and immediately complain about the place not being cleaned up. The only thing I had changed from when she left in the morning was drop a chest by the kitchen table and fill it with kegs awaiting the barn to be built.

I did read somewhere a couple months ago that luck also plays into the jealousy thing.

• tophatsaur

tophatsaur Orbital Explorer

I feel I'm missing out; Harvey has never once complained about my efforts to seduce the entire town, and he hasn't ever complained about the mess or changed my stylish wallpaper. Maybe it is because he is one of the few spouses who has a career, and so he doesn't go as stir crazy.

LokiTheKhajiit likes this.
                                • musical74

musical74 Space Kumquat

Could also be that Harvey is older, and isn't as likely to feel threatened when you give gifts to others. Someone who's 21 will likely feel more threatened by gifts to others than someone who is in his late 30s, after all.

• Stryder87

Stryder87 Giant Laser Beams

I totally forgot about that! On my first save Haley would keep changing the wallpaper and flooring in our house. No one else has done it. Drove me crazy! haha

• LuthienNightwolf

Shane did it once on my old save. He tried to change it to the ugly pizza one but I had it modded so it didn't look that bad. lol

• Seismothesaurus

Seismothesaurus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Shane has gotten jealous a couple of times, but IIRC he's never changed my wallpaper, complained about a mess (and if anyone's house looks like a disaster area, it's mine), spent the day in bed, or directed snippy remarks toward my farmer. He did say he was too busy to talk once, though. Staring at the stove is very time-consuming.

It's funny when he puts up the Joja wallpaper, though. Are you trying to make yourself feel worse?

• LadySurly

LadySurly Void-Bound Voyager

In my main game Harvey only seems to get jealous when I gift something to Elliot. I get that it's random but it seemed oddly specific at first. He seems pretty threatened by the Lothario looking writer who lives in the romantic cabin on the beach...:catwink:

MasterYoba likes this.