1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Species colors - "Why are Floran ship objects pink and purple?"

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Guest0241525, Jun 25, 2016.

1. Another Kevin

Another Kevin Phantasmal Quasar

I just realized..

Color doesn't matter, boys.

2. XDarkPhoenixX

XDarkPhoenixX Pangalactic Porcupine

3. pop-yotheweird

pop-yotheweird Ketchup Robot

just for clarification (and 700 posts), pink belongs to the Novakid. at least, it is for mine.

4. SpaceRobo

SpaceRobo Phantasmal Quasar

You've got a point there, even 90% of the item IDs for the ship include the name "apex", so it makes sense :B

5. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

Purple match not bad with green...

green = vegetation / purple = poison

6. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

its yellow because the ship isn't thats complementary.

I just wish we coudl adjust those colors and the teleporters as well, the old teleporter was more nice took less room, allowed the telekporter room to hosue some chests. Now I feel like I have the universe biggest eleporter that was available in this ship.

7. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

IMO we'll never be able to change color (without modding) because they are used in some things in the story like orange artefact for glitch , but yeah floran furniture should be green.

edit : i've change some texture if someone want to repak them for green furniture (but for the most part , i havent a picture in some folder its only a .frame file so i cant rework it :/ like here for example https://gyazo.com/a44eb6424921c03396351f9f44af9bde)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If someone can provide me the other basic texture i'll change them.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  8. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

also, yellow symbolises the sun, and may stand for sol, the origin of mankind. + its happy color and we all were hapy people before earth went squid.

9. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

10. vincent125

vincent125 Space Hobo

where is the novakid beam up in the gif?

11. Guest0241525

Guest0241525 Guest

Well, now that this got brought back, it appears I was wrong. Admittedly, I knew that ever since I heard Esther's story.

[​IMG]

These colors do actually suit each race incredibly well.

Well, that aside, there are still some issues, such as the Protectorate ship being nowhere to be seen, only available through a mod despite making the most sense story-wise, as well as Floran ship objects not looking the part...

12. Goncorer

Goncorer Void-Bound Voyager

That was posted before novakids were added.