Spaceships - More than what you might think!

Discussion in 'Other' started by Pandalf, Jun 13, 2013.

?

Do you like this idea?

1. I love it

57.1%
  2. Yes

25.7%
  3. No

8.6%
  4. I hate it

8.6%
  1. Pandalf

Pandalf Twenty-three is number one

That was exactly my idea of Crash landings and I we don't hate it, but a majority of the community does.
    And yes, a temporary blackhole charge shooter would take some parts of a ship and possibly make a hole in the enemy's ship :D

2. Komoteru_Chan

Komoteru_Chan Subatomic Cosmonaut

But I like difficult! :> Who here doesnt want the game to be challenging -and- rewarding at the same time?

=A=

3. schwarzwolf

schwarzwolf Void-Bound Voyager

Most likely more after a lost space battle. My idea was, that the ship could crash on a planet, if it is badly damaged and is so taken out of the space battle.
    But repairing should be the only consequence and it shoudn't be possibe to get destroyed by it.

4. Pandalf

Ok, than I'll suggest that it could happen when you choose hard difficulty.

5. Komoteru_Chan

The ship definately wouldnt be obliterated when the ship crashes. But it definately would be damaged to the point where you need to stick around on the planet you crash onto and repair it. :3

6. Pandalf

Exactly. So I compromised: You will reach your destination, but you will not be able to get in space until your ship is fully repaired so you'll have to explore the planet while the engineer is doing his/her job. Now the question is: Would you (the community) prefer to make a Side Quest out of a force landing?

7. Komoteru_Chan

That sounds pretty good, actually! BOOM! New quest: Dont starve.

Pandalf likes this.
  8. Komoteru_Chan

Should've said something more. "..... Shit happens", meaning that even if it is a bad time, it could still happen. Kinda the point of the entire potential mechanic. Makes something that would be simple, dramatic and intense. Hence moar game.

:D

9. Pandalf

Well, I was more thinking of an explore and find your ship pieces+some NPCs have them (or even think of them as the logo of their new religion) styled quest.

EDIT: New crew member and a new weapon section *Looking for a pixel artist here!*

10. Mrjeje

Mrjeje Industrial Terraformer

How about a long awaited comeback on this post with space POLICE!

Ok, you might think this: what the hell.

It's simple.

I was going to suggest the possibility of creating a spaceship group (with different spaceships) in multiplayer with friends but what about in solo?

I already foresee space battles a bit more active than FTL space battles. Having other spaceships with you might just be the right thing to do for tougher battles. Think about it. You could team up with NPC pilots which have their own ship and crewmembers if you are neutral. You could also team up with pirates if you are a pirate.

That is it with the whole "team up" idea. Then, I thought of something.

If you are a pirate, you fight nearly-defenseless NPC ships right? That is not challenging at all, but if you fight police space ships, it might be just the challenge you want. Police ships would come in different difficulties (any suggestions?) and also, there could be a police level up mechanic if you are hunting pirates. The more pirates sectors you clear, the more levels you get. Levels will allow you to get higher tier weapons and a larger space armada.

How about that?

11. Pseudoboss

Pseudoboss Spaceman Spiff

That sounds awesome! then you could have giant epic space battles! Where you go and teleport from ship to ship, defending your own, then jumping onto the pirates' and taking their ship over, and using their own teleporters to attack their entire fleet from the inside out! I like that idea.
    I think police should have tiers, you have small patrol vessels that will come after you fairly quickly, then you have larger frigates or something that will track you down after you gain some notoriety, after that you can start seeing pretty massive flying space stations coming after you. Think EVE Online except less boring.
    Same thing with the pirate ships, you have small fighters, then plundering frigates and the captain's ship is a massive space station-with-engines-attached that you can hunt down and invade.

12. Mrjeje

Mrjeje Industrial Terraformer

I thought that as your police level goes up, you could get heavier weapons and more dangerous allies.

Also: to be a pirate, in solo, you would have to defeat the mothership and so the captain to choose to take his place as the pirate captain or get some big, HUGE money :D

13. Pandalf

Wow omg, ok we could actually do that. I could even remake the style of the thread to make it more friendly by separating it in two sections : Adventure and Piracy Life (side by side in an image). How about that! :) *And maybe adding a pirate cook if you guys have any suggestions*

(It's at the bottom of the thread)

14. Komoteru_Chan

15. Pandalf

16. Pandalf

17. Pigeon

Pigeon Cosmic Narwhal

What's the point of the Damsel? Is it optional so people that don't want to get involved in a drive by space shooting don't get her?

18. Pandalf

You can always not get her if you don't want her... or kill her. :p

19. Pigeon

Pigeon Cosmic Narwhal

You should be able to ransom her.

20. Pandalf

Why would they ransom her... you are the hero, not the pirate.